====== EPIC Flyknit Series ======

I just picked up a pair of The original LunarEpics with the collar, but unfortunately I'm having issues with the inner seam stabbing my Achilles all day. I've tried different cuts of socks with no luck. I really want to be able to keep these because they are so nice. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance

Some people have seemed to always have this problem. It seems that going a half size up helped some to solve this problem. The other suggestion was different socks, but since you've tried that, it probably won't help.

damn nike bastardized lunar epic with yeezy 350 boost v2 and created LE2 , i will definetely buy a pair for running 

damn nike bastardized lunar epic with yeezy 350 boost v2 and created LE2 , i will definetely buy a pair for running 

Bastardized? Why do you fools compare everything to Boost?

All Nike did was change the tongue for better comfort

Yeah people act as if adidas and Yeezy are the first to do everything
laugh.gif

Im getting the MC pair in today so I'll post pics when they arrive
Maybe it's because they have in their generation lapse, kids don't like history anymore, that's why it's repeating all over again, look at politics ... 

Sweeeet. 

Will be waiting for it 

LunarEpic > UltraBoost in terms of running and it really isn't even close.

UBs, ironically, are not made for running tho 

Taken from Adidas' website:

• Runner type: neutral
  • adidas Primeknit upper wraps the foot in adaptive support and ultralight comfort
  • boost[emoji]8482[/emoji] is our most responsive cushioning ever: The more energy you give, the more you get
  • STRETCHWEB rubber outsole flexes underfoot for an energized ride
  • TORSION[emoji]174[/emoji] SYSTEM between the heel and forefoot for a stable ride; FITCOUNTER molded heel counter provides a natural fit that allows optimal movement of the Achilles
  • Continental[emoji]8482[/emoji] Rubber outsole for extraordinary grip in wet and dry conditions
  • Imported

View media item 2323979

Of course they are, they are certainly advertised as such.
They could be, but they're not crafted for runners, I like them a LOT , but they aren't meant for running, that's why I said ironically, try it though, your feet will be destroyed, the only really good thing I'd appreciate when running on them is the heel padding 

^ many people support your comments about how they perform as runners. But they are certainly designed, advertised, and sold as runners. Your comments "aren't crafted" or "aren't meant" or "aren't made" for running means that adidas intends for them to not be runners. They may perform like ****, but that doesn't mean they aren't meant for running.

Just because they do not perform well doesn't mean they aren't "made for running".

I've tried UBs, owned a pair even before there was crazy hype, hell I started the Boost thread. I have ran in them, done cross-training and HIIT with them so I am very familiar with the shoes.

Still doesn't mean the shoes weren't made for running especially when the brand advertises is as the best pair for the activity.

There is a difference between it being made for running (which it is) and it failing to be a good running shoes (which it has).

^ many people support your comments about how they perform as runners. But they are certainly designed, advertised, and sold as runners. Your comments "aren't crafted" or "aren't meant" or "aren't made" for running means that adidas intends for them to not be runners. They may perform like ****, but that doesn't mean they aren't meant for running.
Can't disagree. They're not doing good in the design, engineering division though. 

Just because they do not perform well doesn't mean they aren't "made for running".

I've tried UBs, owned a pair even before there was crazy hype, hell I started the Boost thread. I have ran in them, done cross-training and HIIT with them so I am very familiar with the shoes.

Still doesn't mean the shoes weren't made for running especially when the brand advertises is as the best pair for the activity.

There is a difference between it being made for running (which it is) and it failing to be a good running shoes (which it has).
Agree as well 

Took a look at the LE2s today. Not sure if I like the extended back heel tab. Might wait for it to hit outlets or try a trial pair at an upcoming nrc run before committing. Will look forward to what people say about them as well

god damn the excuses Adidas fanboys make

I ran once in my UB's and they sucked, they look great for causal use but in terms of performance they don't come close to the Lunarepic

I'm a decent runner. I've run in both the UBs (2.0s) and LEs. I only last a little over one mile in the UBs, as they gave me unbearable pain in my arches. I had to go all the back to my car and switch running shoes... :smh:

The LEs, on the other hand (foot), are adequate enough for me to definitely run over one mile. When I'm running late for work (I'm an RN), I literally run to clock in on time lol I just don't like how the collar feels unstable and how soft they are when running. I used to be all about Lunar this and that, but that was when I was mainly concerned about distance. Now, I prefer firmer shoes (i.e. Zoom) because I'm focusing more on pace and time... As a work shoe, they've (the LEs) been my MVPs for the past 5-6 months. :smokin If I had to choose between the UBs and LEs to RUN in, I'd definitely choose the LEs. I have yet to wear the UBs to work though...

As a casual shoe/comfort shoe, I'd roll with the UBs...

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight, Rep'd. I've always wondered what all the hype was on UBs. I too am a runner, and wanted to give them a spin. I've tried on the epics and liked what I saw. If the UBs are a notch below them, then no need to even go there... :lol:

First of, UBs are heavy, that boost material and how much rubber they compact in the midsole just makes my feet feel more tired quicker.

That squeeshy feel isn't for everyone and while that rubber compound is responsive to an extent, it does feel like it might be too thin in the forefoot to give you comfort for long runs.

The upper has little give, which is somewhat disappointing for that primeknit upper and the cage isn't very pliable either and it just makes it tight (too tight) up to especially if you have a high instep.

They also decided to put the worst traction ever created outside of putting a smooth plastic sole, even with the upgraded continental rubber, it only really made it more durable not more tacky.

If you want to try boost for running, I'd actually recommend staying away from UltraBoosts and try one of the cheaper ones that goes on a deep discounts or are sitting in the outlets.

I still think they are worth a try so you know how it feels and who knows, it might work for you but I'd definitely got with the Supernove Glide or Energy.

If you want to try a running shoe with Boost, try the Adios3. They're much firmer and built for tempo runs / races.

If you want to try a running shoe with Boost, try the Adios3. They're much firmer and built for tempo runs / races.
I've seen your reviews in the boost thread and I think that there isn't someone more entitled to speak about this. So follow this man lead 
happy.gif

There's a bunch of boost products that serve way better to the purpose of running/training , but to be honest I wouldn't change my FKR, my Lunars, my Metcons from my gym rotation, they serve their purposes really good, for way cheaper.  

I like a lot of what adidas is putting out right now, call it hype, aesthetics or whatever, but to each his own, nike is superior in some other fields

Back
Top Bottom