====== EPIC Flyknit Series ======

Has to be the bulky looking sole. .definitely looking like a AF1.

Any on foot shots of the lows yet?

Same boat, high's give it a whole unique look. These almost look like an SB as a low. I like them still but I think I prefer the highs.
Lows really look like a mix of AF, SB and FL4, expected more of these

anybody know it the iD on the back of the sole is carved in or printed on? on the pics and on the website it looks to be carved in

anybody know it the iD on the back of the sole is carved in or printed on? on the pics and on the website it looks to be carved in
carved in would imply that nike is actually using a more expensive process then using a process that is much cheaper....

(I don't know the real answer, but I can make a good guess)

Does anyone have the same "problem" as me?
The round flexible part of the collar is not actually sitting on my ankles, but next to it.
Is it just a design gimmick or are my feet deformed?

Well, not all foot is the same~~ The LunarEpics really close to a pair socks only. May be you didnt get your fit size. I tried my fit size (TTS) and they are well too snug for me. I had bad experience on the Magista Proximo TF, the heel counter keeps hurting my heels even for .5 up.

The lows are werid lol.............
They must have paddings at the heel if not, the shoes will be way too soft (unprotected) to run or even walk in it.
For me, I stick to the sock design in the LunarEpics. The higher cut really secure the feet more, the lunarlon and the flyknit are just too soft holding the feeting in the right position.

carved in would imply that nike is actually using a more expensive process then using a process that is much cheaper....

(I don't know the real answer, but I can make a good guess)

that's what I naturally assumed but In the video that Nikerunning posted on instagram it appears to be shadowed. On iD it appears the same way, plus there's no color option...

View media item 1955619
View media item 1955620

Last edited:
The lows are werid lol.............
They must have paddings at the heel if not, the shoes will be way too soft (unprotected) to run or even walk in it.
For me, I stick to the sock design in the LunarEpics. The higher cut really secure the feet more, the lunarlon and the flyknit are just too soft holding the feeting in the right position.
The lows don't need "padding in the heel to run or even walk in". It's likely that they'll use a similar setup to any other flyknit lunar shoe (1/2/3), or the flyknit air max, or the flyknit frees, where there seems to be an internal support or just some crazy strong knit. There will not be a problem with them being a low top, just because the regular version has fuse around it's heel section and it's taller (the fuse is probably there btw, to keep the sock like part from drooping down over time because it's knit and gravity will be pulling on it). Why are you acting like this is Nike's first flyknit running shoe or something and them making a low version will cause havoc and/or end badly? Also, I've tried a pair of the lunarepics and the higher cut that you think "locks in your feet" is redundant. If anything it's just too much and an annoyance while running. The only time/sport I saw the actual need for high tops was in basketball and that was years ago, 10+, when shoes and their tech were larger in general so you "needed" a high top to lock you in (even basketball shoes are far more than fine in low top forms now).

The lows don't need "padding in the heel to run or even walk in". It's likely that they'll use a similar setup to any other flyknit lunar shoe (1/2/3), or the flyknit air max, or the flyknit frees, where there seems to be an internal support or just some crazy strong knit. There will not be a problem with them being a low top, just because the regular version has fuse around it's heel section and it's taller (the fuse is probably there btw, to keep the sock like part from drooping down over time because it's knit and gravity will be pulling on it). Why are you acting like this is Nike's first flyknit running shoe or something and them making a low version will cause havoc and/or end badly? Also, I've tried a pair of the lunarepics and the higher cut that you think "locks in your feet" is redundant. If anything it's just too much and an annoyance while running. The only time/sport I saw the actual need for high tops was in basketball and that was years ago, 10+, when shoes and their tech were larger in general so you "needed" a high top to lock you in (even basketball shoes are far more than fine in low top forms now).

Phillishoes, you have some good points here. Well, as Nike introduces the sock (high cut) concept into running shoe. The purpose is to not just have your foot to being locked in. The main idea is to connect between the ankle and the heel together so that it works like being as part or an extend of your foot. I tried them out and all I can feel is the lunarlon under my feet is working for every steps i made. As for the low version in the lunarepics, its basically designed for those who are conservatives and those have wide feet cannot tuck into the tube.

Sorry bro but @David Choi  is right. As someone who's been actually running in these for the past two weeks, I can honestly say that it would be very hard to run in a low version of this current Flyknit design. The shoe would be way too loose. The sock collar actually helps integrate an otherwise loose and unstable bottom part of the shoe to your shin making it just an extension of your leg. That is why they had to beef up the low version and make it look like an AF1 because just chopping the collar off the highs would not be as functional from a running standpoint. 

I know some people run in the Free Flyknits and can get away with a very minimal upper but that does not represent the majority of runners out there. The Epics are also higher off the ground and more prone to rolling an ankle than the Frees which would call for more lockdown and better support out of a low cut model. 

If you think the sock collar is annoying then you may have been trying on the wrong size. 

Well, not all foot is the same~~ The LunarEpics really close to a pair socks only. May be you didnt get your fit size. I tried my fit size (TTS) and they are well too snug for me. I had bad experience on the Magista Proximo TF, the heel counter keeps hurting my heels even for .5 up.
I tried three sizes, I have it in all of them. My ankles are never beneath the stetchy part. I don't think it's an issue functionality wise, I was just wondering if my ankles are abnormal. Do you have the round stretch part sitting right on your ankles?

^ Yep, that's what I assume.

Probably similar to the Kobe XI iD, where they had a white option but only had a little section of pure white in it. I'm guessing the knit in the LunarEpics will actually be predominantly grey.

Has anyone tried folding down the high collar?
My friend does all the time. Says it's a little awkward at first but you get used to it. More for casual wear but it still feels secure enough to run in if you really wanted to. 

He folds it back up and the collar still keeps its shape and what not. I think it looks great, I don't personally do it but it's definitely a viable option on how to wear them.

Back
Top Bottom