Epic Fail ! ~ The Air Jordan 2009 about to set record low sales

I got a pr. 30% off of course. They're gonna be great for hoops. I hate it for the designer guy though. It looks bad on him.

COOK # 45
get fit.

I'm sorry guys, but I don't hate this shoe....just looking at it as a bball shoe and nothing more....I love the xivand this is really an updated version of that shoe (with some other similarities to the xx2, etc). But that said....we are mad at JB for not"inspiring" us with this one.

For example...if JB were to put this model out last year and call it the xx3....there would be alot less hate. Marketing hassucked for this model....CP3 and Melo both have their own sig lines....so we are suppossed to get on board with a $190 shoe that Joe Johnson and Rip Hamiltonwear? This is where JB has taken a step back as well.

What could the 2k9 have looked like that would appease use sneaker heads? A retro look presumably? I'm good with theidea of JB trying to make a current luxury hoops shoe with materials that havent been used before....they actually remind me of the zoom BB2 (at least thewhite colorway).

That said, I also believe that our community is growing very frustrated with the brands lack of attention to detail and costcutting with materials, etc with the retro and cdp line....the irony here is this 2k9 is a high quality luxury shoe, but none of us seem to care because wewant our retros and cdp's to have had that quality and be worth the retail prices we all pay for them.

JB has been doing what alot of bigger companies have done in the past....look at the bottom line and lose touch with its corecustomers....it will take awhile....but we all see it because we are the ones putting out the money and being disappointed for "(What used to Be)Qualityinspired by the greatest player ever".....

In short....

AJ 2k9 isnt all that bad

JB hasnt done it's job making us want the shoe

we are mad that we get cheated on the good stuff (retros and cdps)

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

It needs to be noted - Once the shoes are on retailer shelves, JB HAS ALREADY MADE THEIR MONEY.

It is sad though....

Pretty much.

JB = manufacturer. They sell shoes to the store. They will still do A-rod numbers. Footaction, Footlocker, etc. those are the guys who will have to weather the storm.
This is very true. This is the only reason why i feel bad not buying them. I have a buddy that works at footaction and he was begging me to buythese so he could get commission off of it. I just couldnt do it this time though.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

It needs to be noted - Once the shoes are on retailer shelves, JB HAS ALREADY MADE THEIR MONEY.

It is sad though....
Well... in a weird case that has never been done before I don't think EVER.. these could be RTVd if NONE are moving and Vendors request acredit...

You never know.

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

i know that most of the people on the board (including myself) think the shoes won't sell, but the OP talks as if he's seen numbers. proof?
That OP is one of the legends that blessed us with info for years. Him and many others are the sole reason I even joined this site years back.Niketalk was so flooded with info back in the day that this board stayed live ( I miss those days, ) I use to wake up and get on niketalk, go home from workand hop straight on niketalk hell even be on my phone on niketalk because everyday was great info. Now its the same repeated questions everyday, very few postgiving info, and a whole bunch of lady actin men. Just shut the hell up and dont make yourself look like a fool.

People like you g checking people as if they dont know what the $!+* they are talking about are the reason they left.
I agree some of them may have been shady, but there info was always on point, even with the subliminal hints and teases they shot as us to keep us hyped mayhave pissed us off at times, but we never were played on the info.

It can be someone who join this site and there first post can have some very reliable info and I see a lot of you fool with that +#+*#@+ duck tale gif, quitthat @%%#. Yall make people not want to post @%%#.

Excuse my french but im just irritated at some fellow niketalkers.

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

While I won't defend the 2009 (I do like the shoe, but all GR colorways I have seen are HORRIBLE)...

Let's not get things twisted...

AJ 2009 isn't going to be a great seller...but, how did everything else with a Jumpman released this weekend sell?

Yeah...

JM

Exactly... PLUS.. those talking about Quality. It proves you haven't even picked up the shoe. It is FACT that Jordan uses Quality materials for theSignature line. For the Retro line.

Not so much..or as much.

In my opinion, why would Jordan Brand releases so many shoes on the same weekend as their signature product? giving consumers HOW MANY different options? When have they done that before?

I would have thought they would have lowered the price point to keep in tune with whats going on, knowing its a high profit margin, but new tech...however thatdidn't happen.

I do think some of you are talkin out of the side of your neck though with certain comments. Economy, Pricepoint and a changed final design added to thisoutcome. Let tinker or Mark Smith do the 25th Anniversary shoe and see how many shoes are released the same weekend, how many press conferences there are..andhow much marketing is done.

Well the truth is.. the 25th Anniversary shoe is almost done.

I wonder what the feedback will be when those leak.

Whats everyone want to say to JB is...... Remember when Jordans was the best looking shoe out to any other that released? Now days I walk pass the state streetfootlocker and take a quick look threw the window and say wow those ............ Filas look better then the new Jordan. What the hell happened.

Remembering trying to force yourself not to spend your money on J's? Is'nt that easy to do now days?

Remember when you use to take them home and walk around in them all in the mirror happy as hell you got em and proud of it?

Remember when you would clean them hour by the hour? The lick your finger clean the dirt off yo kicks move. Some of yall still do this dont lie.

Remember females gazing down at yo sneaks giving yo a wink?

Remember when you would a whoop some a22 for someone steping on them?

Remember when you would be more like
eek.gif
than
sick.gif
?

Remember when retros had good quality?

Remember when J's had an exceptable price?

Remember when J's were J's?

Imma sto there because I can keep goin on.
It's kinda sad. This is kinda reminding me of someone being with a person for so many years but now you both have to part ways, becuase there is nothingleft, but this seem to be a bitter divorce. JB I think its about time for us to sign them papers.
laugh.gif

Very nice to see Baby J back on here.. The knowledge and Info has diminished on this site since the days when he and a few others would be making post anddropping hints..

We've still to receive our pairs in Europe and i have to say i have had no interest in this shoe whatsoever.

Everyone knows its just an overpriced team J. I predict an RTV from Europe at least

Originally Posted by Mr Nike86

Remembering trying to force yourself not to spend your money on J's? Is'nt that easy to do now days?

Remember when you use to take them home and walk around in them all in the mirror happy as hell you got em and proud of it?

Remember when you would clean them hour by the hour? The lick your finger clean the dirt off yo kicks move. Some of yall still do this dont lie.

Remember females gazing down at yo sneaks giving yo a wink?

Remember when you would a whoop some a22 for someone steping on them?

Remember when you would be more like
eek.gif
than
sick.gif
?

Remember when retros had good quality?

Remember when J's had an exceptable price?

Remember when J's were J's?
Wow. Definitely brought back some memories. The sad truth is, that's exactly what they are.....memories.

( Hell, in the 5 years I have been here, I don't recall a Air Jordan launch without a sticky )
damn never thought about that. TRUE indeed.

im pretty sure this shoe performs well. but the whole world doesnt hoop an especially in there $190 jays. jb's main consumer is just a casual sneakerwearer(lol). i say if the shoes retail for 150 an under than the shoes will sell alot better. i been saying that since the release of the 20's!

Originally Posted by DIDDYDADAGGER

Dang J May. I hope he doesn't drop to the bottom of the developer totem pole after this.

Never that bruh... All is well from where he sits...

i really dont think its the economy because if ppl like it regardless the shoe will still sell out so we all know that JB has released the worst

the irony is back in the day the 4,5,6's were sales failures 'by today's standards' i went back one time as a kid and copped black vi'sinfrared off the clearance wall. i mean no one wanted them suckers. so to each his own. this 2009 jordan is overpriced but its definately the best qualityjordan to come out in the last 10 years in my opinion. i mean the materials are space age so you guys need to make up your mind. do you want cheap 6 rings custhey are hyped up or do you want the NASA space age shoe which was designed for future

having the highest retail price for a single pair of jays should have made them think twice about this release to ensure that the product was worth of such aprice point.

Originally Posted by greyson23

having the highest retail price for a single pair of jays should have made them think twice about this release to ensure that the product was worth of such a price point.

ur so wrong, next time no ur facts,

the xvii's were the highest retail jordans to come out for $200

and the premier 23's and 2009 at $230

Back
Top Bottom