engagement /marriage thread.

16 and we said no to 2 - 18 total invites

Every single weekend was basically traveling - I wanted to say no to more but my wife was in 5 of them and I was in 3 (so that’s 8 of them right there).
U the man for actually doing 16 bro. I did my own last year and 1 for a homeboy (I was in it). This was supposed to be my hear of declining all invites unless you fam but an old coworker invited me to his. I thought he lived in the Chi and it was a one day thing. Turns out he moved to Jersey during the pandemic so it went from a 300 dollar day to a 3k trip.

I am happy I get to show my kid around NYC though.

I technically just skipped another wedding my wife was in because of a conflict. Everybody else catching big dubs this year tho lol.

Wife and I going through a rough patch. Found out we are pregnant. After I told her we are not ready for child and would bow out if she just had to have a child now. She said she messed up her birth control. Normally she would let me know and we would Do other stuff. This time felt malicious.

As much as I hate it do it, but we will have to terminate. I’ve looked at us as a couple and our finances? Both are fine, but we have much more growing to do if we want a child. I think she wants a child because she her friends on facebook with kids and believes she deserves one as well and he Dr. has said she has 2 child bearing years left at 36.
I just seen this thread. Was reading some posts. I’m being nosy I guess , this was only 2 pages ago but it was over a year ago. How did it work out bro? No need to respond if u don’t want

I’m in year 13, marriage gets worse every year

I just seen this thread. Was reading some posts. I’m being nosy I guess , this was only 2 pages ago but it was over a year ago. How did it work out bro? No need to respond if u don’t want

I’m in year 13, marriage gets worse every year
We worked through it and are going strong, but we did decide to terminate. I relationship needed a hard reset and I think that situation did that. Before that, she heard me but wasn't listening.

I had to understand that we are 6 yrs apart and grew up differently. I'm a blk guy from Houston and she's a white girl from small town Connecticut. So we will move differently. She has a good heart, so I don't think she as being malicious. It had been years since either of us had been in a relationship. Her last realtionship was a long distance. Long Distance Relationships is the single life with no sex, if your committed.

Marriage ain't easy. Marriage means compromising. Marriage is getting rid of your PRIDE. Marriage is Communication.

I'm a true believer in not turning a garden tool into a house wife.

Edit: That’s my bad I didn’t completely read the first post and I thought you meant “terminate” the marriage for some reason

In that case I’m glad yall workin it out. Marriage ain’t easy and you hit the nail on the head with compromise, communication, and putting your pride down.

Last edited:
Hoping ya find the one someday, g. ^
It sounds like bro making it work with the wife.

Happy for you too thenewjs23 thenewjs23 .

Just celebrated 2 years of marriage. Had our second kid last year (my Junior is a bastard lol). Still love her just the same.

Hardest part of marriage thus far was getting on the same page financally. I tend to lead the way in that and I'm helping my wife to understand more about how to manage the money and budget for the family. Taking on this responsibility did have some downsides but in less than 3 years we should be totally debt free and making probably 3X more than my single mother made when raising my sister and I.

Here is to what I am hoping is a very happy future 🍻.

best thing i did was get out of the way and let my wife handle all the finances. everything is paid off so we can afford the massive tuition for our 2 little kids. if i handled the money, we’d be living in a van down by the river.

Back
Top Bottom