EMS QUESTION

Originally Posted by Fait

Question again about EMS. If I want to send a package internationally, do I just go to my nearest post office to pay and leave the package there?

Will they provide tracking number?

yes. bring packing tape and improvised box if the buyer want to ship double box

Anybody knows EMS' contact number? I tried calling the number 854-5257 but it's either busy or number is not yet in service.

And I ordered a package in HK and as per tracking, it's delivery status is already here in the Philippines and is being processed. How long should I wait for me to receive a notice that there's already a package for me?

Thanks

Anybody knows EMS' contact number? I tried calling the number 854-5257 but it's either busy or number is not yet in service.

And I ordered a package in HK and as per tracking, it's delivery status is already here in the Philippines and is being processed. How long should I wait for me to receive a notice that there's already a package for me?

Thanks

Try 854-3580 and  853-4789. Don't wait for the notice. Aabutin ka ng pasko sa kakaantay
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

Thanks

Try 854-3580 and  853-4789. Don't wait for the notice. Aabutin ka ng pasko sa kakaantay
laugh.gif
jeddahblaster, thanks again. That's my worry, since holidays are almost near, they might not send me notice. Do i just call and go to EMS pasay right away?

[h1]Report: Philpost admits handicaps in detecting terror plot[/h1]gmanews.tv

Amid foreign governments’ warnings of possible terrorist attacks on the Philippines, faulty equipment and insufficient training are hounding at least one of the agencies expected to be in the frontline against terror threat.

Radio dwIZ reported early Wednesday the Philippine Postal Corp. (Philpost) admitted its personnel are forced to sort packages manually as its main x-ray machine is currently down.

Philpost officer-in-charge Postmaster-General Antonio de Guzman also admitted his personnel may not be knowledgeable enough about explosives commonly used by terrorists, the report said.

De Guzman asked government for training programs for Philpost personnel to identify and handle explosives in packages, as well as for funds to repair its equipment.

The Philpost is expected to be one of the frontline agencies against terrorism, following a foiled terrorist attempt on the United States involving explosives placed in packages.

Meanwhile, the Philippine Coast Guard beefed up security at tourist destinations for possible terrorist attacks.

Radio dzBB’s Carlo Mateo reported Coast Guard commandant Admiral Wilfredo Tamayo ordered a tight watch on destinations like Aklan, Bohol, Boracay, Cebu and Mindoro.

Even as the Philippine government has repeatedly downplayed terrorist threat in the country, Australia and the United Kingdom issued travel advisories Tuesday for its nationals on possible terrorist attacks.

Meanwhile, Canada on Wednesday joined UK and Australia and also issued an advisory to its nationals to maintain a high level of personal security awareness.

“Continuing reports suggest that there is an ongoing terrorist threat to Westerners and Western interests in the Philippines. Bomb attacks could occur at any time in Manila and other key cities. Targets could include places frequented by foreigners such as large shopping malls and convention centers. Visitors can expect to be subject to frequent security checks at public and private facilities, including shopping malls and public transportation. Travel at night outside of metropolitan areas should be avoided," Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada said in its travel advisory updated Wednesday, Manila time.

It added Canadians should maintain a high level of personal security awareness at all times and avoid any protests, demonstrations, political rallies and large gatherings.

The advisory told Canadians in the Philippines to remain vigilant and comply with all security procedures

“Bombings and crime-related shootings have occurred in Mindanao, Manila and other parts of the country, and explosive devices continue to be discovered by security authorities. Canadians should be vigilant and comply with all security procedures," it said.

Since Sunday, the Philippine government had allayed fears of a terrorist attack on the country following a foiled attack on the United States.

Like Australia and the UK, the Philippines is perceived as a likely terrorist target due to its being a staunch ally of the United States.

Earlier, the Armed Forces of the Philippines said it has started monitoring groups that may be fronts of terror groups.

jeddahblaster, do you have any other numbers? Tried dialing and both seems disconnected

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

Thanks

laugh.gif

wow. Good thing I saw this. Di ko na rin hihintayin yung notice ko hehehe. Thanks for the numbers jeddahblaster

Hello Guys.
Kamusta naman mga packages/shoes niyo using EMS nowadays (this December holiday season?)

My first attempt to import shoes, but in going to use JAC, I think
since the customs stories here are really bothering.

same old story. You can't escape paying custom duty and taxes with them unless....alam mo na!
laugh.gif

I sent a package abroad using ems and it took around 12 days to receive the item. Medyo mahipit ngayon because terrorism threat dahil mga mail bomb.

Hit some one to hook you up. Medyo mapapamahal ka pa sa JAC.

Hello!
smile.gif

Oo nga. ganun na nga lang "alam mo na" basis.

Ok sakin mga hooks ups, sounds fine with me. since I think size-fighting wont be a factor, since I have small feet 
roll.gif

medyo mahal nga sa JAC.

12 days for EMS, that's great if it will always be like that.

Experts, can anyone point me to the correct website where i could find the rates of shipping packages from manila to other countries? I'll be sending a package to indonesia so if anyone readily knows the rates kindly post it or PM me as i have a few more questions regarding its security, delivery time, etc...

TIA!

^check PhilPost's website. They have a PDF file of the international EMS rates by country. Just explore the entire website.

experts,

the way i understand it as explained by a customs officer from EMS pasay, if your package will be sent by AIR MAIL you will pick it up from your local post office (in my case las pinas) whereas if it will be sent via EMS it will be automatically sent to EMS pasay and youll have to pick it up from there.

is this entirely accurate?

TIA!

Not true. EMS packages are supposed to be delivered directly to your house but those mofos keep trying to make money out of it by taxing items for personal use.
30t6p3b.gif

^sounds like a lose-lose situation for me then... I asked the seller to ship the item via AIR MAIL instead of EMS so that i'll just pick up the item from las pinas' post office instead of travelling all the way to pasay. But i guess were left with no choice. And the customs tax... Ugghhh!

Thanks for this jo!

thanks superswag for the info. i'm still lucky getting away from the taxes from ems customs.but there's this one guy who got familiar with my face and told me that it will be the last time.
next time he will charge me. claiming the item from my local post office(mandaluyong) is way much better and more convenient.got the item in 10 minutes no questions ask and no tax.
though airmail and priority mail takes more time, i don't mind waiting.

good to hear that you avoided the tax man! so you opted for airmail/priority mail instead of EMS?

yes bro. when buying from ebay or any online shop, i always ask if they can ship via airmail/priority mail first.
It usually takes 3 weeks before i get a notice from post office to claim the item.
Downside is, once it leaves the country of origin, you no longer have the tracking info of the item if it arrives in the PI
or if it goes under customs inspection like the EMS does. You just have to be patient and not be paranoid.
im 12/12 so far.

sirs,

how do i ship out using EMS? do i just go to my nearest post office and have my item shipped out to the US? sorry for the incompetence, this will be the first time i'll be sending shoes to the US... TIA

Edit: warned for free posting. Please make sure your reply has some relevance to the topic being discussed.

Originally Posted by KobeDDon

sirs,

how do i ship out using EMS? do i just go to my nearest post office and have my item shipped out to the US? sorry for the incompetence, this will be the first time i'll be sending shoes to the US... TIA
Yes. 

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

Not true. EMS packages are supposed to be delivered directly to your house but those mofos keep trying to make money out of it by taxing items for personal use.
30t6p3b.gif

Out of all my transactions using EMS, I've only experienced direct delivery to my house twice...
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom