Emanuel AME : Charleston South Carolina shooting has left at least 8 dead.

Bruh,

The Boondocks
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I never realized how spot on the show was until this last year
laugh.gif
i wish Mcgruder still had rights to the show for season 5..

Salute to you RustyShackleford RustyShackleford you laid out a point of view that I dont have to entirely agree with but that I can completely understand.

I guess its just the pessimist in me that when it comes to the whole Obama approach, I feel like it would still be for a loss. If he really came out firing as some of you wanted him to, I would be so pissed that nothing changed.

Unfortunately I just feel like its no amount of words that will get through to White America to initiate the type of response needed to shift american culture.

When you have pocket upon pocket of white Americans that never have to interact with black people, that never have to visit urban communities or poor areas.... what true incentive do they have to 1 listen to Obama and 2 actually take action against white supremacy?

I like all the points/arguments being brought up.

I just think people fail to learn and operate objectively. Basically, everyone's personal life is the center of the universe. And way of life as well. So if it isn't slapping them in the face it doesn't exist and everyone else is being 'dramatic' or are making 'excuses'. Or both.

The thing that bothers me the most about those types of people (and I have been here before), is that they are still arrogant enough to share their opinions. And they think that they are RIGHT :lol:. They literally aren't even trying to understand :smh:

I can understand human error (most of the time), but I don't tolerate blatant ignorance.

Look...

It's time we come to grips with reality in America. We have what many consider a black president, black Attorney General, and countless blacks in positions of high office. 

But you know what? 

We're still grappling with issues from yesterday while looking ahead to tomorrow optimistically. I promise we'll be having these conversations 30 years from now unless something happens at the root level which is systemic. 

Affirmative Action doesn't work, and the Supreme Court believes racism is no longer a paramount issue. 

What gives? 

We're governed under Edomites. 

Just came across this...

After 9/11, there was no talk about forgiving al-Qaeda, Saddam Hussein or Osama bin Laden. America declared war, sought blood and revenge, and rushed protective measures into place to prevent future attacks.

As the Atlantic Monthly, writer Ta-Nehisi Coates noted  on Twitter: “Can’t remember any campaign to ‘love’ and ‘forgive’ in the wake of ISIS beheadings.”

No one expects Jewish people to forgive the Nazis or contemporary anti-Semitic acts. But black people are held to an impossibly higher standard. This rush to forgive — before grieving, healing, processing or even waiting for the legal or judicial systems to process these crimes — and the expectations of black empathy for those who do great harm is deeply problematic.

Black pain is only heard after forgiveness is afforded to these white perpetrators. Black rage is challenged as inappropriate and unhelpful, while the media and others celebrate the traumatized family members’ ability to respond to this latest heinous crime with compassion and love.

Last edited:
White guilt is making these folks go out and look like they care about black issues but in reality the church just happens to be on the way to chipotle and the yoga class

Can't fight ignorance with more ignorance tho. You just sound dumb

You dont live here so you have no clue what iseI I see everyday while living here, people still want to go back to thay way of life.

Im not ignorant im being honest im sure theres still people in town who have no clue or even care about what happened.

If one person was killed, the people that are holding hands and taking pics with people they would never interact with would honestly not give a poop.

Im just keeping it real, no ignorance here.

But at the end of the day, how is the President talking tough on racism like Cornell West going to help Black people?

Is it going to reduce incarceration, murders, gun violence, or improve education?

While I don't know if I agree him immediately focusing on guns, it is probably the most realistic policy change that we could expect to get passed.

I like all the points/arguments being brought up.

I just think people fail to learn and operate objectively. Basically, everyone's personal life is the center of the universe. And way of life as well. So if it isn't slapping them in the face it doesn't exist and everyone else is being 'dramatic' or are making 'excuses'. Or both.

The thing that bothers me the most about those types of people (and I have been here before), is that they are still arrogant enough to share their opinions. And they think that they are RIGHT :lol:. They literally aren't even trying to understand :smh:

I can understand human error (most of the time), but I don't tolerate blatant ignorance.
excellentpost

The police are targeting blacks, and the racist already have their weapons. 

Gun reform isn't the answer. 

I'm at the point where I don't see any solutions. 

You can't reform this system through their political process. It's time to wake up. 

Everybody is a slave to the dollar and the system. 

As black people we're still going to be marginalized, and the influx of immigrants is adding another layer to the issue.

Obama spent more time on immigration reform, and health care than addressing the needs of the people who viewed him as a Messiah of sorts. 

Now what does immigration do to the existing black people struggling in the system? 

But at the end of the day, how is the President talking tough on racism like Cornell West going to help Black people?

Is it going to reduce incarceration, murders, gun violence, or improve education?

While I don't know if I agree him immediately focusing on guns, it is probably the most realistic policy change that we could expect to get passed.

this question, one way or the other is always asked...

I dont recall ever seeing a definitive answer or opinion

You can't reform this system through their political process. It's time to wake up. 

As black people we're still going to be marginalized, and the influx of immigrants is adding another layer to the issue.

Obama spent more time on immigration reform, and health care than addressing the needs of the people who viewed him as a Messiah of sorts. 

Now what does immigration do to the existing black people struggling in the system? 

Obama I believe has done ZERO for immigration reform. Deportations were sky high before his executive order. When he leaves office if only enduring legacy when it comes to the issue will be bad.

The ACA, which will probably be destroyed soon, is target to help the working poor. A demographic which a disproportionate number of African Americans fall into.

Obama only has had 2 years to cook with a reasonable Congress. The Tea Party wave happen in 2010.

Me hasn't got much of anything done overall as a result

-The target legislation that I believe is the most pressing is criminal justice reform. From municipal finds, to bail, to setting a high prison minimum wage, programs to cut down on recidivism, and destroy private prisons

If black folk want their issues to the table for next election. This is the one that has the best chance probably it is the most pressing

-And the type of political activism I push is not just voting. How can we claim it is hopeless to use their political resources, when it hasn't been tried yet.

Plus the political system itself needs reforming. It damb near fails everyone but the rich.

Last edited:
Rusty, if I was a politician I would hire you to be on my staff 
laugh.gif

my personal focus is on local/state politics because republicans took over everything here in NC 
sick.gif
 .....The state has went to complete ****. Think we have the highest tuition increase in the country over the past 3-4 years (35%)

Last edited:

Rusty, if I was a politician I would hire you to be on my staff :lol:

And I would hire you to break into the houses of my political opponents at 2 am and hand out some fades :lol: :smokin
:stoneface:  my words may be fierce but I'm not violent unless it's life threatening 

but I'll be behind running the mud slinging commercials :nthat:

My bad famb.

Then just break into the house at 3pm, and bug the place so we can find out ole boy is banging the maid while is wife is at yoga class and his kids are at Kumon

Last edited:
I have a serious question and I hope for serious responses.

As a white person, I recognize the media biases. I don't work in the media or know anyone in the media, so how am I supposed to help change this? Fox News is ridiculous so I do not turn it on. I refuse to give them ratings. What else can I do? Im not going to fire off emails everyday hoping someone up there reads it before deleting it.

I recognize that the law enforcement industry in this country is messed up. The trust between cops and citizens I believe is at an all-time low in my lifetime. Especially in the black community.

I recognize that there has been infrastructure setup that benefits whites. I didnt create it. I didnt vote for it. I don't vote.

I recognize all this, but what am I, as one person, supposed to do?

If its white's responsibilities to remove racism and white supremacy, then where do us people with no power start? I cant control the media or the government, so what am I left with? Is it as simple as donating to charities? Where does one start?

Start locally by voting for folks who have everybody interest at heart. If you encounter one at work saying some foul **** report it to HR. If you're related to one then educate them without being preachy.

I personally think white silence is just as bad as those openly practicing it.

Last edited:

As a white person, I recognize the media biases. I don't work in the media or know anyone in the media, so how am I supposed to help change this? Fox News is ridiculous so I do not turn it on. I refuse to give them ratings. What else can I do? Im not going to fire off emails everyday hoping someone up there reads it before deleting it.

I recognize that the law enforcement industry in this country is messed up. The trust between cops and citizens I believe is at an all-time low in my lifetime. Especially in the black community.

I recognize that there has been infrastructure setup that benefits whites. I didnt create it. I didnt vote for it. I don't vote.

If its white's responsibilities to remove racism and white supremacy, then where do us people with no power start? I cant control the media or the government, so what am I left with? Is it as simple as donating to charities? Where does one start?

this is not how i feel, but this was the 1st thing that came to my mind when i read that 

By not voting all you are doing is giving the bigot who lives next door to you who does vote twice as much influence....

I vote with everything I have my ballot and my wallet, if you part of the solution you doing all you need to brother.

This is a common misconception I see. When people talk about white supremacy or white domination and racism, they aren't generally picturing your average white dude on the street. We don't expect you to get out there and fight or protest or petition necessarily. I think the biggest thing your average white person can do is stand up for what is right when you come across racism or prejudice in you daily life. you should condem those you see with racist or misguided views or actions. Make an effort to interact with people that are different than you, make an effort to break down cultural.barriers in your own personal life and interactions. And if you feel you have a privilege or an advantage in any way, or if you have expendable income, try sharing that with those who might not have what you have, black, white or whoever.

Back
Top Bottom