ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Calling Republicans closet racists is quite ignorant. I'm a Conservative, who voted for Barack because of his ideas on change, its a huge bonus thathe's African American.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by therealjondoe

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

So are these bad times gonna' create "good times"?

I'm not even trying to be smart on this one, I'm generally curious. But you have to admit, alot of you are very cynical.

And Daytona. I'm sure you would love for me to.

My-T.
I hope so.

The reason why Im not optimistic is because in his political career thus far Obama has shown no penchant for "change".
He has advisers and backers such as Rubin, Bezinski, and Soros who are part of the establishment that's got us into our present mess of a country.

I'm being serious here when I say that if Obama said that he'd appoint Rev. Wright as Sec. of State or another post I'd applaud him for that and I'd jumped on the bandwagon faster than Diddy running to a Prison shower room. Seriosuly.
laugh.gif

That would be real change.

Obama has shown me nothign thus far therefore I can only assume that he's spewing a bunch of empty rhetoric. Also, for the msot part that rhetoric doesn't adresses fundamental problems and is awfully vague.

so your blind and deaf i take it
grin.gif
No.
I choose to look at actions rather than words.

Words are like a-holes...

Take Ron Paul as an example. His congressional record speaks for itself.

What has Obama done? Voted in favor of: Extending the Patriot Act, Telecom Immunity Act, Bailout

That doesn't look like change to me.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

you said all i need to hear
im done
i dont deal with racists or racist supporters
h a g n !
First time I ever heard Ron Paul being called a racist.
laugh.gif

well you should do a little more research about who you support

Maybe you should stop making things up.
I've never heard Paul utter anything racist. Maybe you can produce that tape/ audio recording?

Or is it guilt by association? Such as "Obama must be racist because Rev. Wright and a few racist Black Panthers support him!"
laugh.gif

hey corn ball, Paul's paper, that he publishes and endorses, is very racist, and has a history of making very racist statements.

In fact, he's been questioned about racist rant articles that he has put his name on (like he was the author) in which he claims he didn't even read.

No, i'm not going to provide you with anything, google "ron paul racist" and i'm sure you will provide YOURSELF with more than enough EVIDENCE...

i actually think Paul is intelligent and COULD help the country...but aint no room in the future for bigots...

soooooo he'll remain unimportant.
Newsletters published under his name but not written by him yet he's responsible?
laugh.gif
Okay, so you aren't responsible for papers your sign your name on?

a paper named after you, you aren't responsible for the whats IN the paper you publish?

Dude admitted to not even reading an article that was passed off as his own work.

for all technical intents and purposes, everyone was supposed to believe ron paul wrote it...he had ghostwriters write it....

thats like diddy coming out and saying "oh, ya'll aint like that song? well, don't say IM wack, EYE didnt write it!"

past the simple arguement over him being responsible because his name was on it or not...

HE PUBLISHED THE NEWSLETTER

HE PUT IT OUT

he claims "i didnt even read it", so somehow it's not his fault...

just because you neglected your duties, doesn't mean you're innocent..

if mattel lets dangerous toys out in the american marketplace because they didn't "quality control" their product, they aren't innocent..

neither is ron paul.

Yes. He's not innocent. No one said he is.
obviously he made a big mistake by lending his name and not following closely what was written.

It's admitted he didn't write any of those pieces. He signed off on the 1st few ones only (which didn't contain anything racist according to NR)which leads me to believe that he is telling the truth when he says he didn't follow the newsletter (congressmen are in Washington most of the time).

Should he have to explain himself? Yes.
Did he? Yes.

Is he in fact racist? I don't think so.
His actions for 20+ years as a politician don't indicate that he's racist.

Can he be a closet racist? Of course.
Anybody can be. It's lik trying to prove a negative.

Senator Strom Thurmond was a former KKK member. Now there's an action.
laugh.gif

So are these bad times gonna' create "good times"?

I'm not even trying to be smart on this one, I'm generally curious. But you have to admit, alot of you are very cynical.

And Daytona. I'm sure you would love for me to.

My-T.
I hope so.

The reason why Im not optimistic is because in his political career thus far Obama has shown no penchant for "change".
He has advisers and backers such as Rubin, Bezinski, and Soros who are part of the establishment that's got us into our present mess of a country.

I'm being serious here when I say that if Obama said that he'd appoint Rev. Wright as Sec. of State or another post I'd applaud him for that and I'd jumped on the bandwagon faster than Diddy running to a Prison shower room. Seriosuly.
laugh.gif

That would be real change.

Obama has shown me nothign thus far therefore I can only assume that he's spewing a bunch of empty rhetoric. Also, for the msot part that rhetoric doesn't adresses fundamental problems and is awfully vague.

so your blind and deaf i take it
grin.gif
No.
I choose to look at actions rather than words.

Words are like a-holes...

Take Ron Paul as an example. His congressional record speaks for itself.

What has Obama done? Voted in favor of: Extending the Patriot Act, Telecom Immunity Act, Bailout

That doesn't look like change to me.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

you said all i need to hear
im done
i dont deal with racists or racist supporters
h a g n !
First time I ever heard Ron Paul being called a racist.
laugh.gif

well you should do a little more research about who you support

Maybe you should stop making things up.
I've never heard Paul utter anything racist. Maybe you can produce that tape/ audio recording?

Or is it guilt by association? Such as "Obama must be racist because Rev. Wright and a few racist Black Panthers support him!"
laugh.gif

hey corn ball, Paul's paper, that he publishes and endorses, is very racist, and has a history of making very racist statements.

In fact, he's been questioned about racist rant articles that he has put his name on (like he was the author) in which he claims he didn't even read.

No, i'm not going to provide you with anything, google "ron paul racist" and i'm sure you will provide YOURSELF with more than enough EVIDENCE...

i actually think Paul is intelligent and COULD help the country...but aint no room in the future for bigots...

soooooo he'll remain unimportant.
Newsletters published under his name but not written by him yet he's responsible?
laugh.gif
Okay, so you aren't responsible for papers your sign your name on?

a paper named after you, you aren't responsible for the whats IN the paper you publish?

Dude admitted to not even reading an article that was passed off as his own work.

for all technical intents and purposes, everyone was supposed to believe ron paul wrote it...he had ghostwriters write it....

thats like diddy coming out and saying "oh, ya'll aint like that song? well, don't say IM wack, EYE didnt write it!"

past the simple arguement over him being responsible because his name was on it or not...

HE PUBLISHED THE NEWSLETTER

HE PUT IT OUT

he claims "i didnt even read it", so somehow it's not his fault...

just because you neglected your duties, doesn't mean you're innocent..

if mattel lets dangerous toys out in the american marketplace because they didn't "quality control" their product, they aren't innocent..

neither is ron paul.

Yes. He's not innocent. No one said he is.
obviously he made a big mistake by lending his name and not following closely what was written.

It's admitted he didn't write any of those pieces. He signed off on the 1st few ones only (which didn't contain anything racist according to NR) which leads me to believe that he is telling the truth when he says he didn't follow the newsletter (congressmen are in Washington most of the time).

Should he have to explain himself? Yes.
Did he? Yes.

Is he in fact racist? I don't think so.

im not convinced.

i didnt call conservatives closet racist...at first i was addressing conservatives.....then i addressed closet racists because this election has brought themout....thats what the "......" was for....maybe i should've put "and to the.." or something....who knows who cares...

Originally Posted by Pitman13

Calling Republicans closet racists is quite ignorant. I'm a Conservative, who voted for Barack because of his ideas on change, its a huge bonus that he's African American.

My dude Pitman...you gotta get up on the AIM b, long time no speak, things done changed word to BIG.

My-T.

Dirty...I'm glad to see you supporting Obama given your choice in party
pimp.gif

And what party would that be?....

and really fellas.
stop quoting all that crap.
or delete some of the content before you reply

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Now you know how it feels to have people put words in your mouth.

And my opinion is obviously valued by some, I wish I could say the same about yours.

You wish you could say people valued MY opinion?
laugh.gif
you're not even making sense...why would you wish that?
You're making my head hurt b. Just go to lunch.

My-T.
Word. Some of these closet racists got me wanting to smash my keyboard.

Oh you're one of myt's supporters... NOW i think I know who his "crowd" is that he speaks of. Must be nice to have sucheducated, well-spoke followers MyT... this guy here is a winner, calling me a racist now several times with zero proof other than the fact that i voted forObama.

im not convinced.
Well. That's your opinion.

If i thought he was a racist 'd call him a racist.
Everythign that I've heard and seen from him the last year doesn't indicate that.
He's not a big PR machine guy so if he was in fact a racist he would've slipped up by now, IMO.

some of y'all are going mad hard in here...much like the barbershop I'm in right now...I ain't gettin outta here for a while
smh.gif

United we stand, divided we fall.

I support my new Commander-in-Chief and will gladly support his decisions in whatever his administration makes.
pimp.gif

im not convinced.

Everythign that I've heard and seen from him the last year doesn't indicate that.
He's not a big PR machine guy so if he was in fact a racist he would've slipped up by now, IMO.

exactly
your only basing your opinion on the last year.

I don't take Paul to be a racist. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt when he says that he allowed for his name to be used but wasn't diligent enough in following the newsletter.
I don't take Paul to be one of those" You can't use my name unless you pay me".

Obama said he doesn't agree with Wright even though he's sat in his church for 20 years. I give him the benefit of the doubt there. Obama has shown nothing to indicate that he's racist.
Actions are greater than words.

In Paul's case there seems to be a double standard though.
laugh.gif
(like this dirty? lol)

there's no double standard...

you're comparing the judgment of Barack Obama as racist from remarks of an associate of his....

with

A judgement of Ron Paul as racist from remarks he not only signed authorship of, but PUBLISHED also...

So publishing and endorsing authorship of remarks is as remarks someone you know SAYS....

okay...
Publish means he spent money and printed those newsletters.
laugh.gif

Did he?
grin.gif
nothing i've read indicates that.

Everything says that he was negligent in lending his name and not closely following what was being done with it.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

Now you know how it feels to have people put words in your mouth.

And my opinion is obviously valued by some, I wish I could say the same about yours.

You wish you could say people valued MY opinion?
laugh.gif
you're not even making sense...why would you wish that?
You're making my head hurt b. Just go to lunch.

My-T.
Word. Some of these closet racists got me wanting to smash my keyboard.
Oh you're one of myt's supporters... NOW i think I know who his "crowd" is that he speaks of. Must be nice to have such educated, well-spoke followers MyT... this guy here is a winner, calling me a racist now several times with zero proof other than the fact that i voted for Obama.

honestly , you were looking for an argument....you could have just let MyT's EMOTIONAL response rock, because you didn't really fully comprehend it.

Originally Posted by Pitman13

Calling Republicans closet racists is quite ignorant. I'm a Conservative, who voted for Barack because of his ideas on change, its a huge bonus that he's African American.

My dude Pitman...you gotta get up on the AIM b, long time no speak, things done changed word to BIG.

My-T.

Yea no doubt, I'm sure things have. I'll def be on later on in the day so we can chop it up.

btw why am I not surprised your in a debate in this post.

-------------------------------------
To:WinstonDon.niketalk
Sent:November 5, 2008, 10:01 am

Warning - use of N word substitute
really dirty? come on now....first you warned me because i accidentally used a curse word and it was edited and now this......
laugh.gif
....likeseriously take a trip to the S&T.....if you're going to knit pick like this....and it's funny both of my warnings came in an Obama thread....andyou're a conservative.....

fe526563d6f52d5729e52474475782142a041cc0.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

Not for nothing, but if there is one thing I can't stand about a person, is the amount of ignorance they might possess. So many African-Americans in my school today were chanting "Obama, Obama" and whatnot, and that is fine. But There were those who said "because he is black" is why they were happy, and couldn't give an answer in regards to his political beliefs.

Ignorance
tired.gif
so they're ignorant because they're happy to see a black president?

laugh.gif

JUST TELL ME OUTRIGHT, ARE YA'LL GOING TO BE THIS SALTY FOR THE ENTIRE NEXT 4 YEARS?
No, they're ignorant because when asked why they supported Obama, they're only reasoning is "because he is black". Theyweren't able to back it up with any information based on his political beliefs.

For some reason, it took a while to get into school today; line out the door and whatnot. (My principal and vice principal are both white), and when waiting online to get in, a few black kids standing near me happened to say "Oh, why aren't they letting us in? Mr ____ must have voted for McCain." andanother went "Maybe I should take off my Obama pin, we'll get in quicker."

It's comments like that that just gives me that feelings of ignorance towards those making the statement.

And there isn't a need to be "salty". When it comes down to it, Obama, whether you like him or not, is our president. Need to come together as acountry and make it work.

im not convinced.

exactly
your only basing your opinion on the last year.

I am.

If he was a racist i think we all would have seen it this past year.
He's given more talks than any other politician.

Again, i'd ratehr look at his actions than what he "might've" done 20+ years ago.
Real racists always shine through.

In his first book Obama wrote that he used to talk "White this and White that.." with his friend.
This doesn't mean anything to mean because in his years Obama hasn't shown any penchant for racism through any of his actions.

Originally Posted by selfmadepimp

i wonder what would have happened had it been hillary and not obama?
Obama > Hillary.
no i mean had she won and it been her against mccain and she won the presidency thats what i was asking. would it be this big of a deal? and wouldit be she won because she is a woman and all that crap.

im not convinced.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ wawaweewa defending Ron Paul. Like he'll ever get a chance torun our country.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

United we stand, divided we fall.

I support my new Commander-in-Chief and will gladly support his decisions in whatever his administration makes.
pimp.gif

Thats whats up.

Back
Top Bottom