Edit: extensive listing of foods containing Corn Syrup/HFCS (page 7)

It's everywhere in food products: ketchup, bbq sauce, bread, candy,soft drinks, ice cream, gatorade, cereals, yogurts and many more I'm probablymissing a lot more.

I refuse to consume any product with corn syrup or HFCS as ingredient. Not only does roughly half of it contain mercury (http://www.usatoday.com/n...-01-27-corn-syrup_N.htm) but the body cannot digest itproperly because it's been processed so much. It's disgusting and a major contributor to the obesity epidemic (along with idleness of course). Most ofall it's troubling.

Anyone else out there avoid it at all costs?

it's troubling. i stopped consuming vitamin water long ago because of corny syrup being labeled as something else (crystalline something...)

i also avoid a lot of products with that stuff in it.

I do. Like you said, Gatorade, probably every Minute Made drink/eat, etc. If it's not cane sugar, I dont want it.

I've been hearing a lot about how bad it is. I'm going to start trying to avoid it as much as possible in the future.

Someone should make a list of the most common foods with this...
nerd.gif

thanks in advance

Generally I will if I have a choice, if there's an alternative without HFCS I'll choose it. Obviously there isn't an alternative when it's injunk food like soda and candy, which we should avoid anyway but I'll still eat and drink unfortunately.

finnns2003 wrote:

mmmhm

corn syrup isnt the only thing to avoid either. there is so much crap in our food these days
tired.gif

all you can do is try your best.

Originally Posted by SenatorJeffSmith

It's everywhere in food products: ketchup, bbq sauce, bread, candy,soft drinks, ice cream, gatorade, cereals, yogurts and many more I'm probably missing a lot more.
how could anyone possibly avoid all of these amazing foods?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

finnns2003 wrote:

mmmhm

corn syrup isnt the only thing to avoid either. there is so much crap in our food these days
tired.gif

word i hate how little people care about it too. most people are ok with eating garbage all day and so there isn't all that much oversight.and the fda is a joke.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by Al Audi

finnns2003 wrote:

mmmhm

tired.gif

word i hate how little people care about it too. most people are ok with eating garbage all day and so there isn't all that much oversight. and the fda is a joke.

yeah it's ridiculous. half of the condiments sold have this crap in them, just insane.

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

Someone should make a list of the most common foods with this...
nerd.gif

thanks in advance

can you say...everything?
laugh.gif

okay - not everything. But a ton of stuff. if you walk through a grocery store and close your eyes while you throw stuff in the cart, i bet more than half ofit will have this in it.

It's basically replaced real sugar in every product that uses sugar.

Ehh, the food we consume is basicalyl poison and awful but it is just too much money to buy organic **+!...So I just don't give a **+!.

In the words of Delonte "Chipoltle is a boss"

Man to list all foods with HFCS in it would take a damn long time but trust when I say all the junk food you can find at your local grocery store has HFCS init except chips.

If you guys like BBQ sauce let me put you on to Bull's Eye BBQ sauce no HFCS in it and it tastes great.

Also about the poster who mentioned Vitamin water I agree that it does not say it has HFCS in it but it's listed as crystalline fructose but it isn'tthe absolute worse beverage out there. I swear by Vitamin Water Revive to give me a pick up during the day right next to a nature valley oats and honey bar,but Vitamin water also has reverse osmosis water (fancy term for water with electrolytes) and inverted cane sugar. Is it bad for you...absolutely if you drinkhigh quantities of it but it isn't the worse thing out. Moderation is the key.

Also for those worried about HFCS also look out for foods made with hydrogenated oils which are also potentially harmful to your health.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Moderation is the key.

Also for those worried about HFCS also look out for foods made with hydrogenated oils which are also potentially harmful to your health.

perfect example is peanut butter an i love peanut butter

Why Are Trans Fats Used?
Hydrogenated oils are used as a replacement for fats higher in saturated fat and/or to improve the freshness and texture of foods. Hydrogenated oils resist rancidity longer than un-hydrogenated oils which increases the shelf life of products that contain them. They also allow for taste and texture improvements such as flakier pie crusts, crisper crackers and spreadable margarine.

Does Peanut Butter Have Partially Hydrogenated Oils?
Regular peanut butter does contain a tiny, tiny amount (far less than 1%) of partially hydrogenated oil. It keeps the oil from separating out of the peanut butter and rising to the top of the jar, makes the peanut butter creamier, and dramatically increases the shelf life of the peanut butter.

The resulting amount of trans fat in regular peanut butter is so small that, under the proposed FDA labeling guidelines for trans fats, the peanut butter labels will list 0 trans fats. The proposed FDA rule indicates that trans fat amounts of less than .5g cannot be accurately measured and will be listed on the label as 0.

However, natural peanut butters do not contain partially hydrogenated oils. There are a number of natural peanut butters on the market, so consumers who wish to completely avoid partially hydrogenated oils can still enjoy peanut butter. The peanut oil will rise to the top. Simply stir it back in before using.

an yes i do use natural peanut butter, been doin so for a while now.

i think he meant artificial?

also a lot of food coloring and artificial sweeteners are being linked to some bad stuff.

i'm def gonna try an unsweetened, unflavored protein next.

to the poster below me- some peope have great genetics or avoid certain diseases. some people spend all their life outdoors and don't get skin cancer.doesn't mean it's a smart thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom