Ebay buyer trying to claim that the shoes he won are fake, how can I prove legit?

asking police here just pm me his address and phone if he has and i will try and see if the police here will help. Hopefully everything works out for you. I had been scammed about 7 years ago in massapequa, ny where i sent two penny 4 white blue first to a person there and never got my shoes back i thought it was over for a year until someone here posted the number of the same kid in massapequa, ny and i ended up calling and mom answered saying who i was, so i told her i sent some complaints to the post office and she received those complaints and got my info from that complaint after i verified with her my address and phone. For the two penny 4 i got an orlando air penny 1 size 10 and an air jordan concord size 9.5, the kid lost way more in shoe value than i did and that was a big reward for me. So hopefully yours will become like what happened to me.

Originally Posted by toniotran

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

Worst is buyer will send a FAKE shoe back to you (not the same shoe you sold/shipped to the buyer). then you still need to refund the money.
wow, never thought of that...def grimy
That's actually the FIRST thing I thought of, and I'd actually bank on it.  If the buyer knows that there are such things as fake AJs, then he most likely should be able to decipher fakes from real.  If he's claim a real pair ARE fakes, then he's trying to run a scam where he keeps the seller's real pair while returning a fake pair in exchange.  He probably got burned by someone, and is now trying to pass it on to someone else instead of manning up, learning his lesson and moving on.

Originally Posted by MARIOisHOT

THIS IS WHY I DO NOT USE PAYPAL!! OR EBAY!!

Originally Posted by ReMarqable23

From my experience, take the shoes back. You will NOT win this. eBay and PayPal cater to buyers.

^^ Exactly why I don't use eBay for ANYthing anymore.  I had just one guy try to scam me on some car parts I sold, but he didn't have a case since my auction CLEARLY stated untested and no refunds/buy at your own risk.  Still, I have heard countless stories like Zero 0123's and marley's (buyers trying to run scams to get their money back AND keep the product, or send something inferior back in exchange).  It's why eBay looks like an abandoned wasteland when you search for something compared to how active it was even 5+ years ago.  Many sellers have left due to fees and scams.

Originally Posted by r00m112

I find that a lot of times the problems on eBay come from people who have little or no feedback, or have just opened an account. When you set up an auction, you can specify that anyone with sub par feedback has to contact you first before bidding, or you simply won't even allow someone with little or no, or negative feedback to bid. You can't always control who will bid, but you can put measures in place to ensure you are dealing with reputable eBay buyers.
The problem with this is that the feedback system doesn't really work anymore.  Several years ago, they changed it so that you LITERALLY are not allowed to leave buyers negative feedback regardless of circumstances.  It's literally not an option!  When going to leave feedback for a buyer, you have your choice of "positive", or "leave feedback later" -- end of list!  So if a buyer has 30 good transactions, and 10 bad ones, you'd never know about it as a seller.  All you'd see is +30.  eBay has purely become a buyer's playground.  At one point, I had planned on quitting my regular job, and selling car parts from the junkyard on eBay full time because I was doing so well with it in my spare time.  Their policy changes the last few years put an abrupt halt to those plans.

Originally Posted by toniotran

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

Worst is buyer will send a FAKE shoe back to you (not the same shoe you sold/shipped to the buyer). then you still need to refund the money.
wow, never thought of that...def grimy
That's actually the FIRST thing I thought of, and I'd actually bank on it.  If the buyer knows that there are such things as fake AJs, then he most likely should be able to decipher fakes from real.  If he's claim a real pair ARE fakes, then he's trying to run a scam where he keeps the seller's real pair while returning a fake pair in exchange.  He probably got burned by someone, and is now trying to pass it on to someone else instead of manning up, learning his lesson and moving on.

Originally Posted by MARIOisHOT

THIS IS WHY I DO NOT USE PAYPAL!! OR EBAY!!

Originally Posted by ReMarqable23

From my experience, take the shoes back. You will NOT win this. eBay and PayPal cater to buyers.

^^ Exactly why I don't use eBay for ANYthing anymore.  I had just one guy try to scam me on some car parts I sold, but he didn't have a case since my auction CLEARLY stated untested and no refunds/buy at your own risk.  Still, I have heard countless stories like Zero 0123's and marley's (buyers trying to run scams to get their money back AND keep the product, or send something inferior back in exchange).  It's why eBay looks like an abandoned wasteland when you search for something compared to how active it was even 5+ years ago.  Many sellers have left due to fees and scams.

Originally Posted by r00m112

I find that a lot of times the problems on eBay come from people who have little or no feedback, or have just opened an account. When you set up an auction, you can specify that anyone with sub par feedback has to contact you first before bidding, or you simply won't even allow someone with little or no, or negative feedback to bid. You can't always control who will bid, but you can put measures in place to ensure you are dealing with reputable eBay buyers.
The problem with this is that the feedback system doesn't really work anymore.  Several years ago, they changed it so that you LITERALLY are not allowed to leave buyers negative feedback regardless of circumstances.  It's literally not an option!  When going to leave feedback for a buyer, you have your choice of "positive", or "leave feedback later" -- end of list!  So if a buyer has 30 good transactions, and 10 bad ones, you'd never know about it as a seller.  All you'd see is +30.  eBay has purely become a buyer's playground.  At one point, I had planned on quitting my regular job, and selling car parts from the junkyard on eBay full time because I was doing so well with it in my spare time.  Their policy changes the last few years put an abrupt halt to those plans.

A lot of people here definitely made a good point, if he's so confident that they're FAKES, tell him to send the shoes back to you before you give him his money back.
Either way you can't lose. If it's Fake, tell ebay and hopefully they'll be on your side.
Good luck, and please update us on this.

A lot of people here definitely made a good point, if he's so confident that they're FAKES, tell him to send the shoes back to you before you give him his money back.
Either way you can't lose. If it's Fake, tell ebay and hopefully they'll be on your side.
Good luck, and please update us on this.

People don't like paypal, but what is the alternative? You can't do money orders. You can't do CL meet ups for fear of being robbed. Sure it has its faults but it is still the safest way to go, for now.

People don't like paypal, but what is the alternative? You can't do money orders. You can't do CL meet ups for fear of being robbed. Sure it has its faults but it is still the safest way to go, for now.

this is a good reason not to sell, but it would be a good way to get back re sellers who show picks with 30+ of the same shoes stacked up...

this is a good reason not to sell, but it would be a good way to get back re sellers who show picks with 30+ of the same shoes stacked up...

Ok as someone thats been selling on eBay for 10 years now I'll tell you what to do. Number one tell him to send the shoes back. Number two and most importantly call paypal and tell them about a potential scam. Make sure all the photo's in your listing are still in the listing, this way when you receive the shoes back and they don't match the photo's in the listing his attempt at a scam is done and over. If he does in deed send your shoes back MAKE SURE HE DIDN'T WEAR THEM, some people damage the shoes and then think they will get away with a refund. If thats the case you call paypal immediately.

whats the link to your listing?

Ok as someone thats been selling on eBay for 10 years now I'll tell you what to do. Number one tell him to send the shoes back. Number two and most importantly call paypal and tell them about a potential scam. Make sure all the photo's in your listing are still in the listing, this way when you receive the shoes back and they don't match the photo's in the listing his attempt at a scam is done and over. If he does in deed send your shoes back MAKE SURE HE DIDN'T WEAR THEM, some people damage the shoes and then think they will get away with a refund. If thats the case you call paypal immediately.

whats the link to your listing?

Tell the buyer that if he sends back a pair of shoes that YOU DID NOT originally ship to him, that you will file a police report with his city. You have his info and all so it shouldn't be too hard. Im pretty sure if you go to YOUR police station, that they will let you do it from there. Just inform him of your intentions if things get fraudulent. He might back down and either keep the shoes with no problem or ship them back to you. Problem solved. Dude has problems. Some people are just idiots.

Tell the buyer that if he sends back a pair of shoes that YOU DID NOT originally ship to him, that you will file a police report with his city. You have his info and all so it shouldn't be too hard. Im pretty sure if you go to YOUR police station, that they will let you do it from there. Just inform him of your intentions if things get fraudulent. He might back down and either keep the shoes with no problem or ship them back to you. Problem solved. Dude has problems. Some people are just idiots.

Wow, I never had any bad experiences being a buyer or seller on eBay. I guess, I'll quit eBay for now until their policies change. I refuse to get caught up, because I will take a scammer to court...

Wow, I never had any bad experiences being a buyer or seller on eBay. I guess, I'll quit eBay for now until their policies change. I refuse to get caught up, because I will take a scammer to court...

Back
Top Bottom