eBAY auctions won...don't post live links

KO's for 86 shipped
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by mj234eva

City series Xs were a limited release...what do you mean you "personally" don't consider them limited? Btw they only released in mens sizes...sz 6.5 being the smallest which was adult size back then, at least for Jordans.

But in regards to the Steel Xs, there's a video where Gentry talks about them being limited or w/e some bs...it is true tho that MJ didn't like the toe cap. They were already in stores and selling....I was in 8th grade when those came out and everyone had them. Also consider they that come out in ALL sizes. MJ speaks about the Steels in his book "Driven from Within" I don't have the direct quote but he speaks about them replacing the toe cap with a clean toe look. I comprehend that to mean all pairs AFTER the Steels would feature a clean toe. For adult size pair tho. Because sizes BG and below(I think baby sizes have it) for the Powders and Shadows feature the toe cap. If you have seen the sample OG Shadows, they feature the toe cap but of course the released pairs do not. So that's when the change happened and NOT with the Steels. Like I've said to people over and over again...show me your OG Steel Xs without the toe cap.

No no I meant I didn't consider the city series part of the OG ones, when I wrote that I was thinking they came out a year after the original X's (Steels, Powders, Shadows) did but I forgot it was the same year.  I know the city series are limited.  I just got the Seattles a month or two ago.  But yeah, I had never seen a pair of steels WITHOUT the toe cap which now I assume there isn't an OG pair without it.  Every auction I have seen for OG steels (and there was a thread on here) always says something like "these are the limited OG X's because they have the toe cap unlike the other ones".  Was there ever a known number of how many of each c/w of the city series came out?  I'm sure that release was probably pretty hectic 

anyone feel free to correct me, but I don't think the city series release was hectic back then for the reasons you would initially think. Yes they may have been more limited but there weren't as many people out to get them like today. The biggest difference IMO was that all the colorways were released regionally. You couldnt get all the colors in one place. This was a time before ebay and online shoe communities so in order to get all the "cities" you would have had to do some serious traveling or need to have friends willing to send you them around the country.

Its false to say that stores didn't get every color. Major market areas got them all. Ie where I'm from Chicago. There might have been places in smaller market areas that didn't get every color but yea.

And yes, the city series, outside of the Chicago Xs did not sell out. Many sat in stores and eventually were marked down. My memory is fogged but I seem to recall seeing them on side walk sale @ this one store in Chicago but back then I only liked Jordans that had white, red, black in them so I wasn't going to buy some white green yellow or black purple kicks...haha.

And jhead I don't think there is an official known #. I've heard 2800(even 3k) for each but can't say that's true or false.

Originally Posted by Prez T

Originally Posted by Dnice901

I won these this week, they should be arriving next week. I will post as soon as they arrive, I have been waiting on these for a while. It took some guap to get them, but I got em
pimp.gif

so fresh ... id love to have a pair of Oly VIs . great pickup
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

i can't believe you copped this on ebay. nice and the condition of the kicks are great

Originally Posted by mj234eva

Its false to say that stores didn't get every color. Major market areas got them all. Ie where I'm from Chicago. There might have been places in smaller market areas that didn't get every color but yea.

And yes, the city series, outside of the Chicago Xs did not sell out. Many sat in stores and eventually were marked down. My memory is fogged but I seem to recall seeing them on side walk sale @ this one store in Chicago but back then I only liked Jordans that had white, red, black in them so I wasn't going to buy some white green yellow or black purple kicks...haha.

And jhead I don't think there is an official known #. I've heard 2800(even 3k) for each but can't say that's true or false.
It's so crazy to think that the shoe's people pay tons for now were at one point on sale racks....what I would do to go back haha.  I didn't know you were from the Chi, I live in Champaign which is about 2 1/2 hours south of there

I've been on a roll. DS, no cracks at all, clear air bubbles and wearable. This is my second pair so i'm gonna sell these. Sz 11.

whats up nt, i just need to know if these are real and did i get a steal!!?!?!?!?!?

ebay item# 300426182611
OG RETRO JORDAN IV CEMENT SZ 13

Originally Posted by fatttrock

whats up nt, i just need to know if these are real and did i get a steal!!?!?!?!?!?

ebay item# 300426182611
OG RETRO JORDAN IV CEMENT SZ 13
Been on a roll with fakes lately
pimp.gif

And what is an "OG Retro"?

Back
Top Bottom