E-mailing a resume... attachment or straight in the message?

I always have it as an attachment, but make sure you attach it as a .doc file and not .docx...some institutions have moved over to 2007 yet.

attachment, and make sure the file name contains your name and "resume" in it, so they know whos it is/what it is when they save it to their comp...if you just put "resume.doc" or something they'll lose it

If you're not using one of those fill out your resume fields on the web... attach it.

any other way is foolish

I would put it as an attachment. Sometimes when I open e-mails, the message gets re-formatted and comes out not the same as it was meant to be sent.

Exactly.

I don't spend all that time making it look good to have someone print it straight from an email with a stupid long header in courier new size 10. No-onewants to read that.

Make it a pdf too so you'll know what it looks like when they open it - with Word it can get screwed up too.

Call and ask how they prefer. Every place is different. I usually send as an attachment, but as mentioned some will filter those out. Be on the safe side andask their preference.

I also like the pdf idea.

YO.. this is kinda funny because back in the day about 10 years ago... companies WOULD NOT accept attached resumes AT ALL.. i guess they were concerned aboutviruses and what not... looks like the industry did a 180 on that...

always an attachment.

I always send it as a .doc and .pdf file format to ensure it turns out the right way every time.

If I was really cautions i'd include a plain text file too incase their computers are from the stone age.

Back
Top Bottom