Dudes with crazy collections hoopin in garbage vol. am the only one that doesn't understand?

so played in some open gym tonight while getting ready for some leagues coming up. i see some dudes in the gym wearing shirts that make em seem like NT'ersand they talk about having a dope collection and they are playin in some beat up, snow/dust covered pay-less specials.

not trying to be a snob, i understand guys not wanting to play in some rare or expensive shoes. i will buy a GR Kobe or Lebron, hoop in that and the rare stuffgoes in the collection. i am also the type of collector that tries to wear all his shoes at least once. i don't know if that adds or detracts from myargument. i just don't see in my mind how someone can wear a really nice shoe like a lebron or jordan casually and then play basketball in shoes that arethe furthest from their casual wear.

i am not hating on guys that hoop in those shoes. this is strictly limited to a cat that walks in the gym (an indoor gym) in some hot shoes and then balls insome starburys. (yes i said it, my boy had a pair and those joints disintegrated in a month)

i am by no means rich, i live within my means and try to collect what i can. my collection doesn't even top 100 and i've been on this board since thepub38.ezboard days if you know what i mean.

if this belongs in a diff section i apologize.

I feel you OP, I hoop in good "newer" kicks because I have bad feet and if my shoes are too worn in, after a few games it will be painful to walk. Ihave friends who can hoop in shoes that 3 years old.

Granted basketball is no beauty contest, but if your known for rockin fly kicks why not hoop in fly kicks too?

Back in HS we had some unspoken rules, there were 2 types of basketball shoes. Retro Jordans and "strickly hooping". Hooping in Retro Jordans wastaboo
laugh.gif
. Anybody who hooped in Retro Js was clowned.

Shoes after 15 were pretty much the only Jordans I saw dudes hooping in. Furthermore, if you blow all your cash on Retro Js, Nike SBs, etc. you're notgoing to have money left over for LeBrons, Kobes, etc. which i consider "strictly ball shoes". So you end up hooping in $40 kicks or old #%% T-macs.

You would think guys with huge collections would have at least 2-3 designated hoop shoes.

Actually I am with them. I don't see the need to play ball in your "good shoes."

You should have a set of basketball shoes that you play in. The other shoes that make the "collection" are show off shoes. I find it stupid to playin shoes your spent $100+ on.

I HATE when I see folks play in their Jordans. I HATE it with a passion

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Who wears heat to an open gym?
What I'm saying.

You're going to spend 8 hours in line and hoop in the Space Jams?
laugh.gif

Basketball is a quick way to turn any heat you own into beaters.

i just try to get the less popular sig/numbered jordans to others for cheap on ebay and hoop in those in the summer. (i got the cdp 22s for last summer and amlooking at scooping the 15s, i really do like both shoes but not as much as others). then they are beaters to kick around and you have them for the collectiontoo. thats just the way i like to do things...

and i have by no means a crazy collection

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Who wears heat to an open gym?
What I'm saying.

You're going to spend 8 hours in line and hoop in the Space Jams?
laugh.gif

Basketball is a quick way to turn any heat you own into beaters.
laugh.gif
truth i kept it simple and played in air forces orHuaraches

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Actually I am with them. I don't see the need to play ball in your "good shoes."

You should have a set of basketball shoes that you play in. The other shoes that make the "collection" are show off shoes. I find it stupid to play in shoes your spent $100+ on.

co sign...my cousin balled in OG white and blue XVIs and even tho they werent mine i couldnt help but
indifferent.gif
him for the thought of wearing em...sad thing is i even tried to convincedude to put something else on and he insisted that he wear em
tired.gif
needlessto say......RIP to the XVIs

i'm guilty...

i'll go fed in some kicks if i like em...

not no payless specials...

but jumpman pros... weaker Nike releases... or even the shoes my school give me...

them johns be extra weak... lol....

but if i like em...

i'll walk in w/ heat... put on the busteds... hoop... finish hoopin... and walk out w/ heat...

Originally Posted by handullz

i'm guilty...

but jumpman pros... weaker Nike releases... or even the shoes my school give me...

but if i like em...

i'll walk in w/ heat... put on the busteds... hoop... finish hoopin... and walk out w/ heat...

i couldnt even do that...i use to but then realized whats the point? id be putting my dirty foot/sock into a fresh pair of kicks that over time will smell likesweat
laugh.gif

why would you hoop in heat is the better question....

i'm still salty i hooped my playoff XIIs....

Originally Posted by TerroristTim

i'm guilty...

but if i like em...

i couldnt even do that...i use to but then realized whats the point? id be putting my dirty foot/sock into a fresh pair of kicks that over time will smell like sweat
laugh.gif

that's why you gotta switch the socks, too home-skillet...

good feelin to pull some cool and crisp white crews or NBAs over ya sweaty foots...

pimp.gif

You should have a set of basketball shoes that you play in. The other shoes that make the "collection" are show off shoes. I find it stupid to play in shoes your spent $100+ on.

co sign...my cousin balled in OG white and blue XVIs and even tho they werent mine i couldnt help but
indifferent.gif
him for the thought of wearing em...sad thing is i even tried to convince dude to put something else on and he insisted that he wear em
tired.gif
needless to say......RIP to the XVIs
you fellas gotta understand that not everybody values there kicks like you do...

i got a homey that gets heated w/ me when i say i want rims...

he values the car... and says it will hurt in the long run...

i value the breezys.... and my wang aint gonna wet itself...

or will it...?

see this is the %@!+%@+ problem with the sneaker game.

when i grew up (the 90s) we wore our jordans for everything. we wore our nikes for everything. sean kemps, shaqs, every basketball players shoe was on thecourt.

why? CAUSE THATS WHAT THESE SHOES ARE MADE FOR!
i can understand puttin up a pair you like...
but when you say you hate people PLAYING BASKETBALL IN BASKETBALL SHOES.... youre an idiot.
when they retro'ed the 12s i wore my melos to the ground on the court.
so what if they were rare. theyre for bball.
you guys treatin ya kicks like they gators.

I keep most the nike/jordan retro shoes just for casual wear. But I wear the nike sig and team shoes on the court. Its not a matter of wearing garbage vs"heat" though.

If the shoe is meant to play basketball with, then that's usually what I do.

So what if they cost a lot and then I play with them, that's exactly why I bought them. I can tell the difference between playing in some 30 dollarbeaters, compared to a pair of Lebrons or higher end Nikes.

Basketball shoes are meant to be played in.

i'm guilty...

but if i like em...

i couldnt even do that...i use to but then realized whats the point? id be putting my dirty foot/sock into a fresh pair of kicks that over time will smell like sweat
laugh.gif

that's why you gotta switch the socks, too home-skillet...

good feelin to pull some cool and crisp white crews or NBAs over ya sweaty foots...

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
truth its like opening a fresh bag of tees and putting it on

indifferent.gif
him for the thought of wearing em...sad thing is i even tried to convince dude to put something else on and he insisted that he wear em
tired.gif
needless to say......RIP to the XVIs
you fellas gotta understand that not everybody values there kicks like you do...

i got a homey that gets heated w/ me when i say i want rims...

he values the car... and says it will hurt in the long run...

i value the breezys.... and my wang aint gonna wet itself...

or will it...?
aint this the truth....i guess its the fact that we sit in lines for hours for certain retros to release and these dudes is out here destroying emwhen theres limited pairs
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom