dude paints up ENTIRE front of Supreme NY store: extinguished

Originally Posted by pianoman52

on a side note, i get THE BEST customer service when i go to THE HUNDREDS stores and Crooks stores. not even kidding. these dudes chop it up wid me everytime and they're 100000x more down to earth than Supreme cats.

everyone knows that but i wouldn't tag the store up, i just never support anything Supreme. im sure a Lambo dealer would treat me worse than supreme but i wouldn't key a Lambo because of it.

i dont understand the price argument like the old Asian man said in don't be a menace "you don't like you no buy!"

i was at supreme literally a day or 2 before this happened. HORRIBLE customer service. dudes just talked in a group like they were a clique and didn't help any customers. even when i bought i shirt I said thank you and got NO REPLY.

so @%@+ supreme.

@%@+ yeah kidult.

PS: i bought a chocolate shirt. @%@+ a supreme tee.

I just read the reviews on yelp for the la location. it seems like dudes werent lying when they said horrible customer service. this goes beyond saying hi and bye. terrible.

Ok I know a lot of you guys are just going to respond with a "You Mad" or "Cool Story, Bro" .gif but it's actually a pretty interesting read.

OK: Supreme is not a skate shop.

So let's all get that out of our heads.

It is no more a skate shop than the Hard Rock Cafe has anything to do with hard rock.

It does, however, mascarade as a skate shop, and makes its loot off the sweat of skaters everywhere, so it is only fair to hold it to the standards it has set for itself. Skating has always been a young kid's sport, and as we all know, no one hates +%$!$!!+ more than the kids. Please visit your local all-ages hardcore venue if you require confirmation. Sometimes, I forget the word "POSEUR!" even exists; then I go to a skatepark. So, in that spirit, let's give Supreme the kind of evaluation it is so richly due.

Let's get started, shall we? Here's a good one: would YOU go shred the streets in a $185, paper-thin button down shirt? Exactly. No, no you would not. How about, say, a $220 pair of pants reminiscent of Dickies, but cut from only the softest stone-washed japanese cotton? Would you go skating in those? Perhaps you do not attempt tricks, skate on imperfect surfaces, or bother yourself with things like velocity and motion. Skating breaks things by its very nature. Bones, pants, the equipment itself. For even the best skaters, it is an unavoidable truth, and it makes skating in high designer fashion the equivalent of going to a monster truck rally in a white linin suit. The great Mark Gonzales neatly illustrated the absurdity of skating in expensive clothing by shredding the %%+! out of a $3000 pair of brand-new italian loafers, just for kicks. Fortunately for you, the point has already been made, and there is no need to reconfirm this sort of stupidity on your own dime. The Gonz has done it for you.

The presence of a few decoratively placed decks for sale do not a skate shop make. The few available decks cannot be called a selection, more like a handful of wooden wall ornaments. There is indeed hardware available, so if you need some new bearings or wheels stat, and you're ok with paying a good $10 over the standard price, then by all means, support your local cultural cannibalizer. I'll point out that an actual skate shop, which invests in the wellbeing of local skating and young skaters, called Autumn, is only about 15 minutes away on 9th and A, and they will have double or triple the selection at the standard price. That kind of operation will give back something to the community, whereas with Supreme you basically support yuppie values in cool kid clothing at an additional cost to you. Seems weird to even have to make such a decision, does it not?

Allegedly, the employees here are unhelpful bros of the highest order, but I've never experienced that sort of attitude. They seem to be working there and dealing with the realities of customer service just fine. I did notice a little standoffishness, but then, the store is over-run by people just like me, going in there and realizing that it's way too expensive to buy anything, and it seems unrewarding to rush to the aid of a bunch of people destined to buy nothing. So, because everyone working in customer service deserves a little credit, I'll qualify that these dudes may work for +!%*$%+$, but they themselves are totally decent.

Allow me a quick ollie onto the soap box: once upon a time, skating was an everyman's sport, low entry fee, for all ages, races, and socioeconomic backgrounds. You could just as soon find kids feeding their ears with Aus-Rotten as you could with Mobb Deep at the skatepark. And in that openness was strength. Somewhere between the mid-90's and now, someone let the whole "get money" aesthetic in the door, and that side of hip hop culture has come to hang-out with skating, and has made it a sport where having nice stuff matters a lot more. No one would have ever stood for Nike getting in on skating in the 90's, but now, even the best skate shops carry their stuff. Places like Supreme marry the Cash Money aesthetic with American Apparel and a pinch of skating to produce what is basically Sean John for suburban white kids. This is banking on the idea that if your logo means you just overpaid, then you're definitely a badass, because overpaying is what real badasses do.

Many of my closest friends today grew up skating, and we can all agree that skating's basic disinterest in your economic situation was a huge draw. Some of us didn't want our relative brokeness noticed, some of us didn't want the bagage of our relative privilege following us everywhere, and the skatepark offered this kind of egalitarian shelter. So whatever the attraction, I can find nothing positive in the introduction of high-end fashion to the skate universe. It just seems a defamation of so many of the things that make the sport great, and places like this have the quality of irreversibly inserting the question of money into the equation. Exclusivity destroys, and this shop and others like it are weakening some of skating's greatest triumphs.

Bummer.

Originally Posted by Smokee Robinson

eek.gif
*+$ is wrong with that dude, supreme is such an amazing brand. i can't believe some lame would do this to them, i'm seriously deeply heartbroken. i hope it didn't cost them too much to clean it off
frown.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

heartbroken though? pull your skirt down b.

this is the best reply in this thread. dude is dead serious too
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ewrek21

NT gonna make this cat famous

haha as if this wasn't posted weeks ago on other forums and blogs...
eyes.gif

plus dudes who get mad at the customer service go in there and don't know what they want. And ask for restocks on dumb stuff. You go to Supreme and buy what you had in mind, you don't go there to window shop and ask questions. thought that was common sense.

When I've gone to Supreme... I always make myself really suspicious and +!$+, like trying on shirts and etc and walking around the store, near the door... and then they wanna pay attention to me. I've gone as far as walking outside with a shirt on and looking at the window. Boy did they panic.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

When I've gone to Supreme... I always make myself really suspicious and +!$+, like trying on shirts and etc and walking around the store, near the door... and then they wanna pay attention to me. I've gone as far as walking outside with a shirt on and looking at the window. Boy did they panic.
AHHAHAHAHAH 
i walk into supreme take a loot up to the counter and buy 1 thing. i do that at a lot of places i can't stand the service at. 

i dont understand what the hate is for with the employees. went to the one in LA a year ago and it was chill.

Originally Posted by 2o6

i dont understand what the hate is for with the employees. went to the one in LA a year ago and it was chill.
They obviously felt you were one of them.

Originally Posted by 2o6

I think people are talking about NYC though.
LA people are mad different than NY

I'm waiting til one day this dude gets caught in the act, arrested, and makes head line news on yahoo.com. And i shall
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by 2o6

They obviously felt you were one of them.
I think 2o6 just has that chill vibe
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom