dude paints up ENTIRE front of Supreme NY store: extinguished

Originally Posted by parada45

Someone should do this to Flightclub

They have that I'm better than you attitude every time I go in there
I don't blame them, their customer base are I$$ers spending their grandmother's $

I dunno I just don't see whats cool about what dude is doing.  Maybe if he did it once or twice it would have held some weight, but its like if you just keep doing the same thing you water it down crazy and it gets boring, old, and irrelevant.

Just the fact that the dude makes the little wanna be guerrilla monologue videos over and over before he does it makes it seem like hes even more just about trying to get famous for something hes saying hes not.  I just don't see the statement in it especially after you go at Supreme who actually holds some relevance.  I thought it was kinda cool when he went through the effort to get to Paris and do his little thing on the LV store in broad daylight while people were just living their upper class french lives all around him, but everything else seems repetative.  I look at Banksy's stuff and that is actually more real to me as far as making a statement.  Dude will go from tagging up the Segregation wall in Palestine to tagging up on 124th st in harlem and not do some wannabe worldstar hipster video after the fact.

I don't see how doing the graffiti equivilent of a driveby is that cool.  It seems kind of like a punk move, especially when you are going so hard to say how gangster graffitti should get back to being.  Graf has actually made itself into a real artform from its original style and its guerrilla background, and its the combination of those things that has made it cool and relevent.  Its definetly cool to see someone have tagged up in a crazy location like on top of a water tower that you can see 5 miles from a highway, or on the side of a overpass, but I have to say that im more impressed by that risk paired something really artistic.  Even something being legal but looking dope is cool, because its still a modern piece of art someone created from an original thought like any other piece of art.  Like just shootin out some paint with a supresoaker and running off doesn't seem special.  If you wanna be a gangster destroying +%%! do arson.  i never woulda thought supreme deserved it, but firebombing it would have made a way better statement as far as how "%+#*#%" in "the culture" should be treated.

If dudes mad at grafitti whys he going so hard to bastardize his own stuff putting it all over the internet on purpose?  Espo and kaws and everyone else you have or haven't heard of didn't start doing this for the fame, money and the internet, or newpress whatever back then like its seeming this kid is.  They did it because they wanted to do it, and did it originally and interestingly.  They felt like they could make someone say "damn" just by seeing their stuff in the streets, but by sending it to blogs.  The fact people sought them out to work with them is the ultimate respect.  The fact people will wear clothes with their creations and ideas is REAL respect and theres nothing wrong with having money be paid for it because it is worth it.

why cant a grafitti artists art be on clothes or be sold?  The fact that high end labels want to associate with this type of art is another huge sign of respect for it.  I don't see anything wrong with LV Steven Sprose bags.  You got the wives of people like the sultans and heads of Parliaments rocking it... you think the dudes in wild style ever thought that would happen?  That's whats amazing and notable about it.  i just dno't see where the exploitation in that is.  Its not as if make 8000 different graffiti related style pieces a year, they make one and chose one artist and give props, that's not exploitation. 

I honestly think the Supreme thing is the lamest part of it in all

I have actually grown to like Supreme a lot over the years and if they do something I see as original I'll cop it if its worth it to me resell value or not.  I definetly don't live and die by their stuff but they are about as consistent with what they do as Ralph Lauren.  Supreme actually does something extremely original and very relevant in relation to the city they represent, which has in turn made them relevant worldwide.  Every year consistently they find way to make something that is New York, or has become New York, or something that's just represent what they have been into over the years in their own way.  When throwbacks were hot they flipped the Nuggets rainbow logo with the NYC skyline.  Before the Retro Js were and dunks were at their peak they mashed them both together,  they made Starter logo into a dollar sign and made 90s style snapbacks before anyone realized it would be cool again. they made people listen to the artists cared about who the consumers had never heard before off of basic tees, and had a famous artist from the NEW YORKER drawing pictures of NWA.  They did more things then any other streetwear brand ever will before it even had a market.  I just don't really see how doing that to Supreme is relavent or cool.  They don't even sell grafitti based stuff like that, they sell stuff that is undeniably their own.  Their prices are 100% reasonable compared to everyone elses and they have made alot of great stuff in America which, to a person that makes clothes, is extremely impressive.  Its not their fault their stuff gets resold, they want a small brand that only makes so much stuff so that what they have.  i don't see how a dude who's so about keeping it about self is against all that.  To me it honestly seems like dudes jealous

I don't know where the whole hate the employees thing comes from either.  I don't need their acknowledgement if I'm in their store, because I remember being hassled by clerks when they thought I was going to steal or didn't have any money to buy anything.  A store employee isn't going to piss me off unless they refuse to do what I ask them.  I don't want their "hi" or their handshake, or their well wishes or their anything else.  Its not Gucci, I'm not dropping 3 gees on a jacket, so I don't need their bottles of water, or complimentary catalogues, or extra dust-bags and garment bags.  I came in to see if i want something I'll ask for it and buy it if its in stock.

thats my rant, peace

laugh.gif
@ you guys defending Supreme and their prices. "It ain't overpriced, it's only $30." The @%%% outta here, I ain't payin more than $20, let alone a blank white tee with a little logo across the chest.

Even if all these motives are true, not sure if it warrants vandalism like that. Then again, I'm not into the graffiti culture or anything.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

For the record, everyone commenting on what he's wearing, these clothes Jordan Shoes, Levi Jeans etc. are fashion staples not because of their price tag, but because of their quality, whereas a supreme shirt holds no more usefulness than it's "cool" factor.
Super Saiyan Lulz

on a side note, i get THE BEST customer service when i go to THE HUNDREDS stores and Crooks stores. not even kidding. these dudes chop it up wid me everytime and they're 100000x more down to earth than Supreme cats.

Originally Posted by The Jersey Shirt

I dunno I just don't see whats cool about what dude is doing.  Maybe if he did it once or twice it would have held some weight, but its like if you just keep doing the same thing you water it down crazy and it gets boring, old, and irrelevant.

Just the fact that the dude makes the little wanna be guerrilla monologue videos over and over before he does it makes it seem like hes even more just about trying to get famous for something hes saying hes not.  I just don't see the statement in it especially after you go at Supreme who actually holds some relevance.  I thought it was kinda cool when he went through the effort to get to Paris and do his little thing on the LV store in broad daylight while people were just living their upper class french lives all around him, but everything else seems repetative.  I look at Banksy's stuff and that is actually more real to me as far as making a statement.  Dude will go from tagging up the Segregation wall in Palestine to tagging up on 124th st in harlem and not do some wannabe worldstar hipster video after the fact.

I don't see how doing the graffiti equivilent of a driveby is that cool.  It seems kind of like a punk move, especially when you are going so hard to say how gangster graffitti should get back to being.  Graf has actually made itself into a real artform from its original style and its guerrilla background, and its the combination of those things that has made it cool and relevent.  Its definetly cool to see someone have tagged up in a crazy location like on top of a water tower that you can see 5 miles from a highway, or on the side of a overpass, but I have to say that im more impressed by that risk paired something really artistic.  Even something being legal but looking dope is cool, because its still a modern piece of art someone created from an original thought like any other piece of art.  Like just shootin out some paint with a supresoaker and running off doesn't seem special.  If you wanna be a gangster destroying +%%! do arson.  i never woulda thought supreme deserved it, but firebombing it would have made a way better statement as far as how "%+#*#%" in "the culture" should be treated.

If dudes mad at grafitti whys he going so hard to bastardize his own stuff putting it all over the internet on purpose?  Espo and kaws and everyone else you have or haven't heard of didn't start doing this for the fame, money and the internet, or newpress whatever back then like its seeming this kid is.  They did it because they wanted to do it, and did it originally and interestingly.  They felt like they could make someone say "damn" just by seeing their stuff in the streets, but by sending it to blogs.  The fact people sought them out to work with them is the ultimate respect.  The fact people will wear clothes with their creations and ideas is REAL respect and theres nothing wrong with having money be paid for it because it is worth it.

why cant a grafitti artists art be on clothes or be sold?  The fact that high end labels want to associate with this type of art is another huge sign of respect for it.  I don't see anything wrong with LV Steven Sprose bags.  You got the wives of people like the sultans and heads of Parliaments rocking it... you think the dudes in wild style ever thought that would happen?  That's whats amazing and notable about it.  i just dno't see where the exploitation in that is.  Its not as if make 8000 different graffiti related style pieces a year, they make one and chose one artist and give props, that's not exploitation. 

I honestly think the Supreme thing is the lamest part of it in all

I have actually grown to like Supreme a lot over the years and if they do something I see as original I'll cop it if its worth it to me resell value or not.  I definetly don't live and die by their stuff but they are about as consistent with what they do as Ralph Lauren.  Supreme actually does something extremely original and very relevant in relation to the city they represent, which has in turn made them relevant worldwide.  Every year consistently they find way to make something that is New York, or has become New York, or something that's just represent what they have been into over the years in their own way.  When throwbacks were hot they flipped the Nuggets rainbow logo with the NYC skyline.  Before the Retro Js were and dunks were at their peak they mashed them both together,  they made Starter logo into a dollar sign and made 90s style snapbacks before anyone realized it would be cool again. they made people listen to the artists cared about who the consumers had never heard before off of basic tees, and had a famous artist from the NEW YORKER drawing pictures of NWA.  They did more things then any other streetwear brand ever will before it even had a market.  I just don't really see how doing that to Supreme is relavent or cool.  They don't even sell grafitti based stuff like that, they sell stuff that is undeniably their own.  Their prices are 100% reasonable compared to everyone elses and they have made alot of great stuff in America which, to a person that makes clothes, is extremely impressive.  Its not their fault their stuff gets resold, they want a small brand that only makes so much stuff so that what they have.  i don't see how a dude who's so about keeping it about self is against all that.  To me it honestly seems like dudes jealous

I don't know where the whole hate the employees thing comes from either.  I don't need their acknowledgement if I'm in their store, because I remember being hassled by clerks when they thought I was going to steal or didn't have any money to buy anything.  A store employee isn't going to piss me off unless they refuse to do what I ask them.  I don't want their "hi" or their handshake, or their well wishes or their anything else.  Its not Gucci, I'm not dropping 3 gees on a jacket, so I don't need their bottles of water, or complimentary catalogues, or extra dust-bags and garment bags.  I came in to see if i want something I'll ask for it and buy it if its in stock.

thats my rant, peace

idk about yall but when I go to spend my hard earned, they could at least fake a smile and make me feel welcomed.
I'm sensitive though *shrugs*

Yall acting like hit up some struggling mom and pop stores too. They'll clean it off and keep on selling their ****

I never understood the popularity to hate this brand. the majority either say its overpriced or "the employees are mean". graphic t's usually range from 32-44. caps 32-48. this is one the same level as any other popular street wear brand and cheaper than a few others. To overpriced for you? than id say the overwhelming majority of "streetwear" would be to overpriced for you. "but its just a picture/box on a blank t" inst that what a graphic t is? the whole thing about the employees are @!%%%*#+... that's just female. do the employees at your supermarket, pharmacy, etc. kiss your feet? i think its just "cool" to dislike it for no real reason.

why did dude write a essay on his love for supreme?
laugh.gif

I personally never had a problem in the few times Ive been to the store but have seen the bs they give kids

had my n almost fight one of them outside

Back
Top Bottom