DUCK DYNASTY on A&E

Si needs to do a podcast or something. He can tell the same story and it would be different every time.

Man I've been watching the show since season 1. If they kick him off for voicing his opinion that's OD man. Not that it matters but I'm a black male. We as a society can't be pro freedom of speech on one end , but then get mad when someone actually exerciseses it.

Bet has a show called black girls rock....are white women upset? But I guarantee if MTV put out a White girls rock show social media, al sharpton etc would raise hell. We pick and choose what to have strong feelings about

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. He has every right to say whatever bigoted thought comes into his head and we and A&E have every right to tell him to **** off. And your second assertion has nothing to do with anything in this thread. Besides white women have plenty of shows like that. Hell they have the whole damn E! channel. There is nothing wrong with trying to instill a sense of empowerment to young black females.

And if you think this guy isn't completely off his rocker just take a gander at this http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-in...son-called-gays-insolent-arrogant-god-haters/
He's not judging anything, though! /s :rofl:rollin:rofl:

Last edited:
Man I've been watching the show since season 1. If they kick him off for voicing his opinion that's OD man. Not that it matters but I'm a black male. We as a society can't be pro freedom of speech on one end , but then get mad when someone actually exerciseses it.

Bet has a show called black girls rock....are white women upset? But I guarantee if MTV put out a White girls rock show social media, al sharpton etc would raise hell. We pick and choose what to have strong feelings about
Obviously not black enough champ. 

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. He has every right to say whatever bigoted thought comes into his head and we and A&E have every right to tell him to **** off. And your second assertion has nothing to do with anything in this thread. Besides white women have plenty of shows like that. Hell they have the whole damn E! channel. There is nothing wrong with trying to instill a sense of empowerment to young black females.

And if you think this guy isn't completely off his rocker just take a gander at this http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-in...son-called-gays-insolent-arrogant-god-haters/
He's not judging anything, though! /s :rofl:rollin:rofl:

I'm not condoning what he said at all. And yea after reading what I typed it was user error on my end using freedom of speech as my example.

AE must have done a q/a, background check etc before green lighting the show. I know how corporate America views these type of issues and understand why they have to react accordingly. I just find it funny people are actually surprised he feels this way. They asked him a question, he answered it, now he faces consequences.

I'm not condoning what he said at all. And yea after reading what I typed it was user error on my end using freedom of speech as my example.

AE must have done a q/a, background check etc before green lighting the show. I know how corporate America views these type of issues and understand why they have to react accordingly. I just find it funny people are actually surprised he feels this way. They asked him a question, he answered it, now he faces consequences.

Yeah I'm not very surprised either. I don't care that people harbor these views as long as they understand no one wants to hear their ignorant ********. He'll be back on the show once this all blows over though. No way A&E gets rid of their cash cow.

Whatever you say man. I shouldn't even respond to such an ignorant statement but

I'm very black, love my culture(good and bad examples) and know what my ancestors went through in order for me to live the life I live. You don't know me at all. As a people not all but some always point out racism and show examples they deem racist but yet we do the same thing and it's seen as uplifting our culture. IE Black Girl Rocks. Our positive women should be uplifted and praised but why do they have to put the show in a box by labeling it Black Girl Rocks. If we all equal why not highlight the other races too? But if white girl rocks was a show, all hell would break loose.

What exactly is black enough?

LOL.

Because his answer was incredibly offensive. We all know that.
So they put these characters on a reality TV show because they are entertaining and we all get to laugh at their ignorance. Then they decide to interview them on a serious social issue and we expect that same ignorant person  to come with a politically correct answer???? 
roll.gif
 So let me get this straight we want the same ignorant people who we enjoy watching on TV to preach social justice? 

Last edited:

Bad example. Black girls rocks is to show young black girls that their beautiful in a society that tells them that the only image of beauty is an anorexic white chick with blonde hair. A show like white girls rocks sounds like some show that would be used to express white peoples superiority complex. 

I get where ur going tho.

I read somewhere that this was the highest rated reality tv show in history??

I gave it a try...

no way this is reality tv :lol:

so scripted :smh:

How a man get asked a question, and get punished for his answer??
I get it, they want us all believing the same thing.... eff outta here

Huh? what kinda gibberish is this? But why are people surprised that an old redneck has those views?

I read somewhere that this was the highest rated reality tv show in history??

I gave it a try...

no way this is reality tv :lol:

so scripted :smh:

I got onto this show late and while it is entertaining it seems like a sitcom with the weird storylines they create. Sometimes it sounds like they're reading from a script when they do the single person commentary.

I do find it weird that this show is such a ratings giant and they have merchandise everywhere. Them having a christmas album is funny.

Whatever you say man. I shouldn't even respond to such an ignorant statement but

I'm very black, love my culture(good and bad examples) and know what my ancestors went through in order for me to live the life I live. You don't know me at all. As a people not all but some always point out racism and show examples they deem racist but yet we do the same thing and it's seen as uplifting our culture. IE Black Girl Rocks. Our positive women should be uplifted and praised but why do they have to put the show in a box by labeling it Black Girl Rocks. If we all equal why not highlight the other races too? But if white girl rocks was a show, all hell would break loose.
If you know what your ancestors went threw then you would or should know that if nothing else his comments regarding black people during the Jim Crow era where completely wrong and false.  It's not even about "freedom of speech" as you spoke about earlier and then tried to correct yourself.  It's about any and everyone being held "accountable" for their words and actions.  In this case, A&E his business partner decided it was in their best interest to put him on ice for now.  That's their decision, and I applaud them for it. 

In regards to Black Girls Rock, I see it as a show to highlight some of the positive images and examples that black girls can be as they grow and develop in life.  If there was a show called White Girls Rock, personally I wouldn't have a problem with it.  That being said if you want to pitch the idea of a show called White Girls Rock to a TV network by all means get your money and contacts together and make it happen champ.  Stop wasting time and more importantly stop thinking of piss poor comparisons and presenting them to this community. 

Had to take a look at the username, and realize he simply isn't worth it.  Bless your heart
happy.gif

How a man get asked a question, and get punished for his answer??
I get it, they want us all believing the same thing.... eff outta here
Go read or re-read his comments about black people during his time growing up and then get back with us champ. 

So they put these characters on a reality TV show because they are entertaining and we all get to laugh at their ignorance. Then they decide to interview them on a serious social issue and we expect that same ignorant person  to come with a politically correct answer???? :rofl:  So let me get this straight we want the same ignorant people who we enjoy watching on TV to preach social justice? 

He could have expressed his views by being respectful about it. I've seen it done before. But no, he HAD to perpetuate misguided stereotypes and insult them.

Huh? what kinda gibberish is this? But why are people surprised that an old redneck has those views?

Just cus my statement went over your head dont make it gibberish.
Dude was interviewed by GQ. So they asked a christian man a question, and he answered it the way a devout christian man would ( regarding homosexuality). He said it was a sin, and listed other sins, such as promiscuity aswell. So gays get mad, but the h0ez dont (or maybe their too busy). He also gave his first hand account/ perception of blacks that he interacted with. He said they seemed happy, godly, and he never heard any complaints. I dont see any fault with this, cus this is his narrow/ limited account. He didnt say black should have all been happy and enjoyed what they had, he just said this is what I observed in my time amongst them. I really dont see the issue, but anything not condoning homosex is gonna rustle js. Any view not painting the horrific treatment of the black experience pre- civil rights is gonna rustle js.

What is the point of freedom of speech when you can suffer due to your beliefs and opinion. This aint supposed to be Iraq.

Last edited:

Just cus my statement went over your head dont make it gibberish.
Dude was interviewed by GQ. So they asked a christian man a question, and he answered it the way a devout christian man would ( regarding homosexuality). He said it was a sin, and listed other sins, such as promiscuity aswell. So gays get mad, but the *****s dont (or maybe their too busy). He also gave his first hand account/ perception of blacks that he interacted with. He said they seemed happy, godly, and he never heard any complaints. I dont see any fault with this, cus this is his account. He didnt say black should have all been happy and enjoyed what they had, he just said this is what I observed in my time amongst them. I really dont see the issue, but anything not condoning homosex is gonna rustle js. Any view not painting the horrific treatment of the black experience pre- civil rights is gonna rustle js.

What is the point of freedom of speech when you can suffer due to your beliefs and opinion. This aint supposed to be Iraq.

Went over my head? you seriously think what you said was complex? What you said was just completely idiotic, so was this drivel.

Go read or re-read his comments about black people during his time growing up and then get back with us champ. 

I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson is quoted in GQ. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

Its like someone saying, they never seen Kanye West get upset. Maybe THEY didnt. Are they wrong for that?
Did every white person experience the racial divide first hand?

All this illudes too is that, the blacks didnt complain at work, didnt complain to him, or around him. I'm sure there are complaints, either first or 2nd hand. But either he's lying or he really didnt hear it.

He just says what he remember experiencing with his black co- workers.

Last edited:
You're confusing the creation of "freedom of speech" with the" freedom to not be held liable".  Big difference.

You missed the dog whistle part of his statement champ, let me help you out and enlarge it for you.........

"We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

Had to take a look at the username, and realize he simply isn't worth it.  Bless your heart :D

Oh...

Its like someone saying, they never seen Kanye West get upset. Maybe THEY didnt. Are they wrong for that?
Did every white person experience the racial divide first hand?

All this illudes too is that, the blacks didnt complain at work, didnt complain to him, or around him. I'm sure there are complaints, either first or 2nd hand. But either he's lying or he really didnt hear it.

That's fine but has he never seen footage of people getting water hoses sprayed on them or dogs being sicked on them, kids not allowed to go to school. if not he was amazingly shut from the world and needs to read a history book, but im sure he has and for that i cant let what he said slide because he's trying to paint a picture and rewrite history

just because he didnt see it first hand doesnt mean that wasnt a stupid thing to say, not to mention how he just tried to quickly throw in "entitlement" and "welfare". he aint slick. he also compares ALL blacks to "white trash"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom