Drinking from plastic water bottles raises level of bisphenol-A chemical in body by 70%.

drop-plastic-bottle-collect.jpg

http://www.enn.com/pollution/article/40591

Drinking water from plastic bottles made with the toxic chemical bisphenol A (BPA) increases urinary levels of the chemical by nearly 70 percent, according to a study conducted by researchers from Harvard University and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

BPA, an industrial chemical that makes plastics hard and transparent, is widely used in plastic drinking bottles, infant bottles and other consumer products, and also in resins that line cans of food and infant formula. The chemical has been shown to disrupt the hormonal system, potentially leading to reproductive defects as well as brain damage, cardiovascular disease, cancer, obesity and diabetes.

"These astonishing results should be a clarion call to lawmakers and public health officials that babies are being exposed to BPA, and at levels that could likely have an impact on their development," said Renee Sharp, of the Environmental Working Group. "The adults in this study were willing participants who understood the risk of exposure, but babies are unwitting victims of the silent but serious threat this hormone-disrupting chemical poses to their health."

The study, conducted on 77 student volunteers, was published in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives.

BPA IS AT UNSAFE LEVELS IN ONE OF EVERY 10 SERVINGS OF CANNED FOODS (11%) AND ONE OF EVERY 3 CANS OF INFANT FORMULA (33%)
bpa_chart4.jpg

bpa-products-lawsuit.jpg

campbells+soup.png

bottles.jpg

More on BPA exposure and its impacts on human health at the Environmental Working Group website:

http://www.ewg.org/reports/bisphenola

Nothing is safe for human consumption. "Kill us all, kill us all, kill us all". You lose more years on your life worrying about stuff like this thanyou do consuming this.

You tell me this now when I bought 3 cases of Kirkland Signature Spring Water *glug glug glug glug glucg glp*

http://www.kleankanteen.com/

K27PPS-OB_cart_preview.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS
capacity: 27 fluid ounces (800 ml)
weight: 6.125 ounces (w/o cap)
size: 9" H (w/o cap) x 2.75" W
opening diameter: 1.75" (44 mm)
made of 18/8, food-grade stainless steel, no liner needed reusable & 100% recyclable
FEATURES
BPA-free & eco-friendly
made of 18/8, food-grade stainless steel, no liner needed
doesn't retain or impart flavors
slim design fits in most cup holders
fits in the Kanteen[emoji]8482[/emoji] Bike Cage
rounded corners are easy to clean with no hard angles where dirt, germs or bacteria can stick
stainless steel threads
fits large ice cubes
BPA-free polypropylene (pp#5) caps
stainless Loop and Flat accessory caps are available
dishwasher safe(colored bottles should be hand-washed)
$17.95

Originally Posted by raptors29

Nothing is safe for human consumption. "Kill us all, kill us all, kill us all". You lose more years on your life worrying about stuff like this than you do consuming this.
co sign.
just live your life and try to be healthy

some older guy at the gym was telling me this a while back... and I carry a plastic gallon of water everyday

smh.gif
everything is bad for us

Originally Posted by KingLouisXIV

http://www.kleankanteen.com/

K27PPS-OB_cart_preview.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS
capacity: 27 fluid ounces (800 ml)
weight: 6.125 ounces (w/o cap)
size: 9" H (w/o cap) x 2.75" W
opening diameter: 1.75" (44 mm)
made of 18/8, food-grade stainless steel, no liner needed reusable & 100% recyclable
FEATURES
BPA-free & eco-friendly
made of 18/8, food-grade stainless steel, no liner needed
doesn't retain or impart flavors
slim design fits in most cup holders
fits in the Kanteen[emoji]8482[/emoji] Bike Cage
rounded corners are easy to clean with no hard angles where dirt, germs or bacteria can stick
stainless steel threads
fits large ice cubes
BPA-free polypropylene (pp#5) caps
stainless Loop and Flat accessory caps are available
dishwasher safe(colored bottles should be hand-washed)
$17.95
In 30 years they'll tell us that this thing causes cancer or something.

what about the rubbermaid type containers you store your left overs in? are any plastics safe?

most portable (.5 L, 1L) bottled waters are made with PET plastic which has no BPA.

i'm good to go.

good thread nonetheless.

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

*takes a swig from a nearby bottle of water*

oh word?
co-sign.....next...they're gonna say the air has 99% harmful chemicals in it....so stop breathing....
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

most portable (.5 L, 1L) bottled waters are made with PET plastic which has no BPA.

i'm good to go.

good thread nonetheless.
how do you tell what your bottles are made of? like the less transparent ones that are commonly used for milk? vs the more clear ones like CrystalGeyser and Vitamin Water?

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

i'm good to go.

good thread nonetheless.
how do you tell what your bottles are made of? like the less transparent ones that are commonly used for milk? vs the more clear ones like Crystal Geyser and Vitamin Water?
should say on the bottle, usually on the bottom

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

what about the rubbermaid type containers you store your left overs in? are any plastics safe?

if i remember right you shouldn't put food in them while its still hot...when you're putting away leftovers let them cool off first...ithink...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

Hey_

Can't wait until boxed water is distributed nationally.

Julius F. Wrek
boxed like Juicy Juice and Hi-C? but then there's aluminum inside those
ohwell.gif
and they say that causes cancer

I dont know what that is... therefore I'll continue drinking bottled water.

Glass is 100% Safe...I believe.

But yea there are risks for any plastic (ie. leech) afaik a lot has to do with tempreature, so even those microwavable containers shouldn't be microwaved.I know a fair amount of people are trying to become as plastic free as possible.

Back
Top Bottom