Dressing better

Originally Posted by Supremacy

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by Supremacy

Yo, anybody here know which APC's fit like levis 511s?

New Standards if you can fit sized down 3.
If not then New Cures
What about Petite Standards? Do you know if they have enough thigh area, but are tapered at the bottom?

PS are more like levi 520 imo, but yea, they got more room in the thigh area but is tapered at bottom

My personal experience is that APC NS sized down two sizes are closer to the 511's. I have some that are 27's and I'm usually a 30 in Levi's and they are thigh huggers for sure (this coming from someone with skinny thighs and legs). And they were unbuttonable (word?) at the top until I wore them a bit and now are just pretty tight at the waist. I am going to go with a size 28 on the next pair since these fit more like the 510 than the 511.

As far as the fit of each jean goes check out the descriptions from their website.

http://usonline.apc.fr/catalog/products/jeans/mens

Don't hang polos on hangers, they will stretch unless the hangers has those velvet non-slip material. Even then the body will still stretch a bit.

What about new cures? Those slimmer than NS? That website doesn't help b, I need to see someone wearing them in order to make a better judgement.

What about new cures? Those slimmer than NS? That website doesn't help b, I need to see someone wearing them in order to make a better judgement.
New Cures are slimmer than New Standards.  This was from someone's measurements comparing the two:

New Cure measurements:
Tagged size: 28
Waist: 29
Rise: 9
Knee: 7.5
Leg Opening: 7

New Standard measurements:
Rise: 10.25
Knee: 8
Leg Opening: 7.25

Originally Posted by foodgoeshere

New Cures are slimmer than New Standards.  This was from someone's measurements comparing the two:

New Cure measurements:
Rise: 9
Knee: 7.5
Leg Opening: 7

New Standard measurements:
Rise: 10.25
Knee: 8
Leg Opening: 7.25
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think I'll try these out. Good looking out. Last thing, size down 2 sizes from your regular size correct?

how high do you guys size up on 511's? I went to get the khaki trousers but didn't get no luck on the sizing. I usually wear a 30/31 and at first tried on a 34 just to see and they were quite big so I then tried on a 32 and those were skin tight on the calfs so I didn't even bother trying them on past that. They didn't have a 33 for me to try on so are the sizes that different from 34 to 32?

I only wear slim straight and always get my size but these 511's
30t6p3b.gif
. I just wanted something similar to slim straight but with a bit more taper. Figured I'd save money going with those as oppose to having to take them to the tailor like I've been doing.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

What's the difference with wooden hangers?
I've always used wood hangers and never had issues with stretching except necks on sweaters, which is why now I fold my sweaters over the seat of the wooden hanger. 

Really?
My polos, especially the heavier knits ones, droop down in the shoulders and stretches the collar when I hanged them in the hanger.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

heard about these in this thread and I just got in my Alden 403 Indy Boots - Brown Chrome Excel from ShoeMart. can't wait to wear them!

eu273p.jpg
Nice.  You did size down half a size, right?  Next, get some shell cordovan shoes/boots.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Really?
My polos, especially the heavier knits ones, droop down in the shoulders and stretches the collar when I hanged them in the hanger.

You've never tried wooden hangers? All my sweaters, even heavy ones dont droop or have messed up shapes. Plus wooden hangers look a lot nicer.

Really?
Maybe I just don't have any of the heavier ones like you're talking about, but IMO the wooden hangers even help preserve the original shape as they have a very ergonomic shape, slightly angled from the neck,  And I recently discovered Wal-Mart sells a nice sturdy set of 20 for $12, best deal I've seen locally

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

how high do you guys size up on 511's? I went to get the khaki trousers but didn't get no luck on the sizing. I usually wear a 30/31 and at first tried on a 34 just to see and they were quite big so I then tried on a 32 and those were skin tight on the calfs so I didn't even bother trying them on past that. They didn't have a 33 for me to try on so are the sizes that different from 34 to 32?
i agree, don't size up.  i converted from 501's to 511's a couple years ago and I'm not a super duper slim dude, but the same size is wore in 501's (36x30) is perfect for me in 511's. 

I have those feltish material slim curved hangers and don't have any issues now with stretching or the shoulder bumps that you get from plastic or wiyyyaaah hannnggas.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Really?

You've never tried wooden hangers? All my sweaters, even heavy ones dont droop or have messed up shapes. Plus wooden hangers look a lot nicer.
I have plenty and have used them, they're more slippery than usual so it causes more pulling. 
I use the non-slip now, much better, they're like 50 for $15 at Costco, pretty good deal.

I use the wooden hangers on most just outerwear and suits now.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

[h1]Tom Ford[/h1]

Tom Ford – fashion powerhouse, film mogul and old
school romantic – is the cover star of the spring/summer 2011 issue of
Another Man. Alongside web exclusive images from Jeff Burton's shoot,
AnOther presents Tom Ford's five easy lessons in how to be a modern gentleman, taken from Jefferson Hack's intimate conversation which appears in full in the issue.

You should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the
world because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.

A gentleman today has to work. People who do not work are so boring and
are usually bored. You have to be passionate, you have to be engaged
and you have to be contributing to the world.

3. Manners are very
important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. I always
open doors for women, I carry their coat, I make sure that they're
walking on the inside of the street. Stand up when people arrive at and
leave the dinner table.

4. Don't be pretentious or racist or sexist or judge people by their background. 

A man should never wear shorts in the city. Flip-flops and shorts in
the city are never appropriate. Shorts should only be worn on the tennis
court or on the beach

I don't really agree with #5

number 5 is absurd. i live in Arizona, why would i wear pants when its 115 degrees in the summer. Does this dude really never have a casual summer day with shorts and a t-shirt?
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom