Dressing better

Interview in NYC for business-2-business sales with a major corp on the 22nd fl.
Had to look serious (dull suit & shirt color) but aggressive & sharp(tie), cc welcomed
excuse the wrinkles, pics are from upon arrival after roundtrip bus commute to nyc & cross Manhattan walk thru snowfall
Fashion.jpg

izodsuit.jpg

izodsuit-2.jpg
izodsuit-14.jpg
izodsuit-15.jpg

I didn't & couldn't ball out on some quality wool, low on time & $$, spent the 3 days I had researching & rehearsing.
I knew it would be a regular suit for work, my focus was on fit & hopefully navy or gray. 
Hit Nordstrom Rack, Bloomys, K&G, Zara, H&M, everything either too wide, long or trendy.
Macys Izod Suit $120 - best fitting off the rack, I know it needs work & the shirt arms are short, pants hemmed ($12) but still too long, no?
BB Slim-fit shirt 16/33, need a 34, best white shirt I got & I enjoy the collar spread, don't care much for french cuff
Allen Edmonds captoe

Brutal interview, met 3 sales managers back to back, one I knocked out the box, one tried to catch me w/ the scenario questions but I'm too sharp & last one is in the air.  Thank you letters in the works.

It seems Bobby and co. has seen the recent response with regards to his line-up and has decided to 'adjust' the line. He is a NT'r, so I wouldn't doubt he lurks here. See the following for his words verbatim instead of me paraphrasing 
http://hypebeast.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2354979&postcount=396

Looking around this thread so far, I've come to observed a few generalizations: Clarks of course, sheep mentality aka yes-posters, lots of trendiness, little stylishness, and a lack of creativity/innovation with lots of imitation. 

To those that post in here frequently, cool beanso.

~Lefty

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Interview in NYC for business-2-business sales with a major corp on the 22nd fl.
Had to look serious (dull suit & shirt color) but aggressive & sharp(tie), cc welcomed
excuse the wrinkles, pics are from upon arrival after roundtrip bus commute to nyc & cross Manhattan walk thru snowfall

I didn't & couldn't ball out on some quality wool, low on time & $$, spent the 3 days I had researching & rehearsing.
I knew it would be a regular suit for work, my focus was on fit & hopefully navy or gray. 
Hit Nordstrom Rack, Bloomys, K&G, Zara, H&M, everything either too wide, long or trendy.
Macys Izod Suit $120 - best fitting off the rack, I know it needs work & the shirt arms are short, pants hemmed ($12) but still too long, no?
BB Slim-fit shirt 16/33, need a 34, best white shirt I got & I enjoy the collar spread, don't care much for french cuff
Allen Edmonds captoe

Brutal interview, met 3 sales managers back to back, one I knocked out the box, one tried to catch me w/ the scenario questions but I'm too sharp & last one is in the air.  Thank you letters in the works.
good luck on the interview Nacho! I hope it works out.

on the suit - i think its servicable ... not great. the sleeve pitch is off causing the diagonal lines that you see when your hands are at your side relaxed. you have already noted the other issues (sleeve of jacket), pants could do with a better tapering job ... its slouching on the back.

good looks.

Originally Posted by LeftyJeenyus

It seems Bobby and co. has seen the recent response with regards to his line-up and has decided to 'adjust' the line. He is a NT'r, so I wouldn't doubt he lurks here. See the following for his words verbatim instead of me paraphrasing 

Looking around this thread so far, I've come to observed a few generalizations: Clarks of course, sheep mentality aka yes-posters, lots of trendiness, little stylishness, and a lack of creativity/innovation with lots of imitation. 

~Lefty
We could careless about him lurking in this thread.

Also I know it depends but I was wondering how much does tailoring a suit usually run you guys

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by LeftyJeenyus

~Lefty
We could careless about him lurking in this thread.

Also I know it depends but I was wondering how much does tailoring a suit usually run you guys

Someone posted a really good example a couple pages back

Originally Posted by Jehul

Originally Posted by RFX45

Felt like a cold winter night...

Detail...
ps_bor10.jpg

Gave flying a try...
laugh.gif
That's a nice fit right there, RFX
i really like the fit of your jeans rfx...they don't seem to be skinny, but they're not too lose either...do you tailor them?  i usually buy 514's and some of em fit just a bit too loose for my liking.

Dropped $139 at the tailor today.

I had 5 pairs of chinos/khakis and two slacks for work hemmed and the waists were taken in a bit. Then had two shirts worked on by having the sides taken in and the sleeves shortened.

No digi-cam so I can't post pics, but I thought the tailor did a good job. Found her off of a couple good reviews online and she was very informative and helpful. I'm probably going to bring back like 4 or 5 button ups to have them tailored to fit me perfectly. It's pricey though. It ended up being $13 for the sides taken in and $13 for the sleeves shortened, but I think it was worth it.

Definitely glad to find a good tailor in my city. She's probably the fourth one I've gone to and her finished products has definitely been the best.

anyone know a good tailor in NYC? or a place where I can find one? I would go to ones I've seen in ads but don't trust them. Thanks.

I know this must have been asked a million times, but i'm not trying to search through 600 pages. How do topman clothing fit? I'm like a 31-32 waist and medium shirts fit me good.

Tonight...

Nah, I'm just playing with the red shoes, I was just trying them on (although I didn't think it looks too bad).
I actually wore these shoes to go out.

Details...

ps_ric10.jpg

fit_115.jpg

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by Jehul

Felt like a cold winter night...

Detail...

Gave flying a try...
laugh.gif
That's a nice fit right there, RFX
i really like the fit of your jeans rfx...they don't seem to be skinny, but they're not too lose either...do you tailor them?  i usually buy 514's and some of em fit just a bit too loose for my liking.

Nah, all my jeans are Levis 511 (or H&M Sliqs) and none are altered/tailored. I am luck enough to find jeans that fits me real well off the rack and for a great price nonetheless.

Tonight...

Nah, I'm just playing with the red shoes, I was just trying them on (although I didn't think it looks too bad).

Details...

ps_ric10.jpg

fit_115.jpg

Very clean fit.

Would wearing something like this to a wedding be too formal? Morning wedding, evening party

Do you mean if what I am wearing is too formal for a wedding?
If so, I do not think it is too formal at all, actually for an evening event it is a bit under-dressed.

Tonight...

Details...

ps_ric10.jpg

fit_115.jpg
i think the red shoes go better with that outfit imo.

nacho - good luck on the interview.
what kind of tie is that?

and lol at wilson comment at rfx45
nice iwc, like that a lot!

If I could give one piece of advice on dressing better I would suggest buying a pair of APC jeans...

apc.jpg

And wearing them every day without washing them so they start to look like this after 10, 15, 20 months.

IMG_7549.jpg

smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom