Dressing better

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by generaiya

Generaiya thinks those that are looking for an economic option for a suit to consider purchasing the J.Crew Aldridge Suit on sale for $400
Use the code MUSTSHOP and get 40% off to get the suit for $260+tax. Free shipping.

Even better, make it a 3-piece by adding the vest.

erez

erez

i want to pull the trigger on this but ordering a suit online is so iffy. how will you know how it fits? any advice?
I haven't tried on the Aldridge, only the Ludlow and it was a modern, slimmer fit than J. Crew suits I had tried on in the past.  That I would recommend but it also depends on your body type and preference.

I'd caution that the linked jacket is part of the final sale, no refunds or exchanges so you'd absolutely need to try it on, be sure of what size fits if they have it still.  I don't see that they have the pants anymore, you'd need to try to hunt them down too.

Generaiya recommends that you go to a local J.Crew and try it on yourself, because Generaiya ranges from Size 40-42 depending on the brand and cut of their jackets. Generaiya owns a Ludlow Suit from J.Crew and had to get a 42 and tailor it down to a 41. While for their Tweed Herringbone Sportcoat, Generaiya wears a 40R.

ScarsorScabs is correct. The Ludlow is a more modern, slimmer fit, while the Aldridge is a more classic fit. And it is final sale.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

NachoBroadway wrote:

Debut the Wool/Cashmere Polo suit today, warm as a snuggie during the 10 degree day
suitpolocashmere%20%2828%20of%2033%29.jpg
suitpolocashmere%20%284%20of%2033%29.jpg

This is why i love Polo Made in Italy (Corneliani and Caruso) ... best bang for the buck .... soft shoulders, high armholes, great swooping lapels and nice range of fabrics. I'd hem those pants a touch to give a cleaner trouser line.

Nice look Nacho!!

How much would something like this run me, tailored and all that
nerd.gif
?

I'm getting a suit tailored currently. For the jacket I'm having the sides taken in, the sleeves shortened, and also having them narrow the sleeves (tapering them to make it a tighter fit). For the pants I am having them hemmed. The tailor wrote the ticket up to be $61.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I'm getting a suit tailored currently. For the jacket I'm having the sides taken in, the sleeves shortened, and also having them narrow the sleeves (tapering them to make it a tighter fit). For the pants I am having them hemmed. The tailor wrote the ticket up to be $61.

fair price. now the key is that hopefully it makes you happy. nothing more fun that tailors getting it right ... nothing worse than tailors getting it wrong.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

hows lands end? the clothing being fairly cheap and being sold at sears has me iffy about the quality.
i've had good experience with them. sizing can be an issue, so i usually buy 2 of each and return one to Sears when they come in. I am somewhere between their medium and large.

Alright guys. I have a Valentines Formal to go to.
She's wearing red.
Anyone want to help me with my outfit.
nerd.gif

What are you guys opinion on these? I need a pair of boots from macys, I have a gift card.

Timberland Boots, Classic Boat 7 Eye Chukka Boots

855665_fpx.tif

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

I like those, and my guess is they are relatively cheaper than Clarks. What's the price?

100 flat. I have like a 60 dollar gift card, hopefully gonna find free shipping and/or a discount as well. Call me cheap

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

What are you guys opinion on these? I need a pair of boots from macys, I have a gift card.

855665_fpx.tif

This specific pair is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. I tried looking for a nice pair of these last year, but couldn't find nothing. Are these a recent release or what?

EDIT- Found them. Copped. Does anyone know if these run true to size?

I have a black tommy hilfiger suit that i bought from macys 2+ years ago. The jacket has a blue lining and there are some portions where you can see small blue and white stringy threads coming out on the jacket sleeves and shoulders. I don't really wear the suit that often but it has been tailored perfectly and I don't really want to loose it. Any idea how to save it?

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

What style Blazer is this?
I thought it was a shawl lapel but the length is different.

29bc1v5.jpg
It is a shawl lapel some just come that long
Anyone know where online i could purchase this blazer or one very similar to it?

just copped this from over at plndr (could do without the collar panel but its removable
pimp.gif
)
 closepinpinsearchminimizeforwardbackzoomoutzoominzoomin

[table][tr][td][/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

ba-fk1012-chazoom1.jpg

StaXX wrote:
Alright guys. I have a Valentines Formal to go to.
She's wearing red.
Anyone want to help me with my outfit.
nerd.gif

it's a formal so ull be wearing a tie of some sort.  accessorize with a reddish tie/pocket square and wear whatever else u want.  dont overdo the red.

Back
Top Bottom