Dressing better

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

rfx hit it on the money...
if not what i do is cop the D1 dockers and get them tapered and slimmed down ... they look so cash

I might try that. D1s are too roomy and I cant wear 511s. RFX is right, but most of those aren't near the Dockers price point.

Originally Posted by Aze201

real life...

if not what i do is cop the D1 dockers and get them tapered and slimmed down ... they look so cash

I might try that. D1s are too roomy and I cant wear 511s. RFX is right, but most of those aren't near the Dockers price point.

Dockers retail for $35-$40, 511's cost the same. Brooks Borthers 5-pocket chinos have been ons ale for $35 on their website for 3 months and had fsr about a week ago. JCrew is $70 retail, I still don't think that is too steep. Rugby's vintage chinos go on sale for $50 all the time. The Urban Outfitter brands is about $30-$40 as well. H&M has some for $25-$30. I don't think those are unreasonable prices at all. 
On a side note, I tried on Docker D1 in a size 28 and I waera  size 30, it felt like I was wearing Phat Farm to be honest.

Thank ya fellas. I haven't been able to get full body pics this Winter, I kinda just snap and go while on the move.

The are some Ralph Lauren saddles I picked up Summer 06'.
200rx5j.jpg

As much as I love the color combo on McNairy saddles I can't bring myself to purchase a pair because leather saddle piece doesn't balance out the shoe.
mark-mcnairy-new-amsterdam-two-tone-saddleshoe.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

real life...

Dockers retail for $35-$40, 511's cost the same. Brooks Borthers 5-pocket chinos have been ons ale for $35 on their website for 3 months and had fsr about a week ago. JCrew is $70 retail, I still don't think that is too steep. Rugby's vintage chinos go on sale for $50 all the time. The Urban Outfitter brands is about $30-$40 as well. H&M has some for $25-$30. I don't think those are unreasonable prices at all. 
On a side note, I tried on Docker D1 in a size 28 and I waera  size 30, it felt like I was wearing Phat Farm to be honest.

I cant find the Chinos on BB site. I only see the cords for $35. I agree, fifty isn't steep at all, but it is nearly twice as much as Dockers(They're always $30 in store). Does the OU brand fit like 511s? I don't even go into OU anymore, I cant do Skinny and they don't seem intereseted in stocking pants for the slim crowd. 

The D1 is labeled slim fit, but it clearly has a relaxed fit. 

BBs sold out, they still had them yesterday when I checked but only in size 34+.
UO isn't all slim, I found some khaki colored 514s there last year. You really have to try some of their stuff on, look for slim straight instead of skinny fit.
Keep in mind that most of these cotton materials stretch, just like jeans. My 511s trousers are slightly looser than when I first bought them.

Dockers aren't really all that great for what you pay and their waders retail around $60-$65, there really isn't much slim stuff you can get that is that much cheaper outside of 511's on sale or H&M.
Dockers.com have a bunch on sale for $30 right now, they say it's slim but I am not sure if it is D1 slim. It looks like their slimmer ones aren't even on sale.

The Docker's D1 slim fit are not slim at all!

Bought them online during Christmas sale for about $20 each and they were huge. Returned them all.

Levi's 511 Stretch Trouser are top notch but are hard to find on sale.

511 trousers are always on sale at Macys & JC Penney for $40-$45, retail is like $65 on their website. They may be gone in those stores now though since it was last season. They'll probably have more spring colors soon but it looks like their focus are on 510's right now, sucks because I don't like how slim they are.

A few month ago the 511 trousers were available for $35-$40 at levis.com with some coupons floating around for extra 20% off and free shipping. Just need to time it right.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by Gordonson

I too am on the hunt for some nice slim fit khakis.
nice slim fit khakis are so hard to find.
http://us.dockers.com/pro...80&parentPage=family

It is actually becoming more and more attainable now. There Levis 511's chinos/trousers that is available in most Urban Outfitters, Macys and JC Penney. Then theres those Dockers Waders, some people say these are available at Macys, I have yet to see and try them on. Brooks Brothers has the Milano and 5-pocket chinos. J Crew has the Urban Slim fit chinos. RL Rugbys vintage chinos are pretty slim. Found some slim Alternative Apparel chinos at Macys too.  Even Dickies has their slim fits of their stiff cholo chinos now as well. Not to mention the brands at Urban Outfitters and maybe GAP realesing some slimmer ones too, I found a cord from there that fit me real well after sizing down 2. 
I named 7 brands right there and many available at your local mall and that is just from the top of my head.

I want to try those tapered ones on.

I think the JCrew ones fit me best. i shouldve bought some when they had 30% off. i wish BR carried something similar. i need to use this gift card

The issue with the Waders is that the inseam is 30". If it's labeled slim fit on the Dockers site it's D1. The pant I posted earlier, the SF Tapered, is the way to go if you want a real slim fit. They retail for $65, but there is always a 30% off promotion on the Dockers site.

Originally Posted by dukeben18

The Docker's D1 slim fit are not slim at all!

Bought them online during Christmas sale for about $20 each and they were huge. Returned them all.

Levi's 511 Stretch Trouser are top notch but are hard to find on sale.
They are not tapered.

511 trousers are always on sale at Macys & JC Penney for $40-$45, retail is like $65 on their website. They may be gone in those stores now though since it was last season. They'll probably have more spring colors soon but it looks like their focus are on 510's right now, sucks because I don't like how slim they are.

A few month ago the 511 trousers were available for $35-$40 at levis.com with some coupons floating around for extra 20% off and free shipping. Just need to time it right.

Are these the 511 stretch trousers with the pockets like dress pants or with the pockets similar to jean pockets?

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Are these the 511 stretch trousers with the pockets like dress pants or with the pockets similar to jean pockets?

Mine has trouser pockets, vertical not horizontal.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

I too am on the hunt for some nice slim fit khakis.
nice slim fit khakis are so hard to find.
http://us.dockers.com/pro...80&parentPage=family

It is actually becoming more and more attainable now. There Levis 511's chinos/trousers that is available in most Urban Outfitters, Macys and JC Penney. Then theres those Dockers Waders, some people say these are available at Macys, I have yet to see and try them on. Brooks Brothers has the Milano and 5-pocket chinos. J Crew has the Urban Slim fit chinos. RL Rugbys vintage chinos are pretty slim. Found some slim Alternative Apparel chinos at Macys too.  Even Dickies has their slim fits of their stiff cholo chinos now as well. Not to mention the brands at Urban Outfitters and maybe GAP realesing some slimmer ones too, I found a cord from there that fit me real well after sizing down 2. 
I named 7 brands right there and many available at your local mall and that is just from the top of my head.
I want to try those tapered ones on.

I think the JCrew ones fit me best. i shouldve bought some when they had 30% off. i wish BR carried something similar. i need to use this gift card

At BR, the new Gavin sized down 1 in the waist fit awesome. Pretty slim and straight through the leg. I have three pairs in my rotation and they're my go to pants right now.

Any thoughts on slim-fitting cargos? I'm hesitant to get a pair because I'm not sure how I'd wear them. I guess same as my khakis, but I haven't worn cargo pants since middle school so...
ohwell.gif

Top man have some nice chinos...

Someone needs to post the perfect fitting Chinos!!

I need some in my life tooooooooooo

real life...

i got mine done up to be more fitted and taped the ends, they look dope

I actually bought a pair of Docker's khaki waders today from UO and they fit great! Though they're D1, they fit much slimmer than the regular D1's at Macy's, I actually sized up on these. Def. try these out, I've been trying to find slim chino's for awhile now. 

Back
Top Bottom