Dressing better

Originally Posted by niidawg3

if you can stack this and the one above - you can raid the Gap for some of your fall essentials ... respect to big brother big sister ... if you are not volunteering with them, its something to consider ...

Shop at Gap, Old Navy or Banana Republic and support Big Brothers Big Sisters!
Gap, Inc. has invited Big Brothers Big Sisters back as one of six U.S charities to benefit from a second round of shopping at Gap, Inc. stores – all while raising money for Big Brothers Big Sisters!

The Give & Get promotion runs several times each year and we’re excited to help them raise needed funds for kids in America!

The coupon link below is good for 30% off any in-store Gap, Old Navy or Banana Republic purchase from Thursday, August 26th through Sunday, August 29th – just in time for back to school. The best part is 5% is given directly back to Big Brothers Big Sisters!

Link: http://www.gapinc.com/giveandget/bigbrothersbigsisters/

Last spring, our friends helped Big Brothers Big Sisters raise over $200,000 in three days, just for shopping and distributing the coupon to friends, networks, and families. Thank you!
goodlookin on both nii
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by got shoes

if you can stack this and the one above - you can raid the Gap for some of your fall essentials ... respect to big brother big sister ... if you are not volunteering with them, its something to consider ...

Shop at Gap, Old Navy or Banana Republic and support Big Brothers Big Sisters!
Gap, Inc. has invited Big Brothers Big Sisters back as one of six U.S charities to benefit from a second round of shopping at Gap, Inc. stores – all while raising money for Big Brothers Big Sisters!

The Give & Get promotion runs several times each year and we’re excited to help them raise needed funds for kids in America!

The coupon link below is good for 30% off any in-store Gap, Old Navy or Banana Republic purchase from Thursday, August 26th through Sunday, August 29th – just in time for back to school. The best part is 5% is given directly back to Big Brothers Big Sisters!

Link: http://www.gapinc.com/giveandget/bigbrothersbigsisters/

Last spring, our friends helped Big Brothers Big Sisters raise over $200,000 in three days, just for shopping and distributing the coupon to friends, networks, and families. Thank you!
goodlookin on both nii
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by got shoes

Originally Posted by rhester

....Tip's been killing it lately [||]

33e3mu8.jpg
i've been looking for nice long v-neck sweater for a minute
pimp.gif

I copped 2 from Banana Republic a while ago...nice and soft...they're probably about as thin as the one he's wearing....

try zara

I did that groupon thing last night, had me nervous at first, but it seems legit now...
Ima wait till the 30% and cop some denim
pimp.gif

I did that groupon thing last night, had me nervous at first, but it seems legit now...
pimp.gif
i wish you could use it online. Gap stores don't always have pieces in the store that is online
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif
i wish you could use it online. Gap stores don't always have pieces in the store that is online
ohwell.gif

If you had to choose, what are the 10 essential items an everyday college student would need to buy to best be on his path towards dressing better? Yes, I am that student and yes, I am standing on the precipice and will go shopping soon. Please disregard jeans.

Did a thread search but couldn't find a similar question and an answer.

OK guys I have a little dilemma and I apologize in advance if this has already been asked about a million times.

I will be attending an evening wedding in about 8 days and am in desperate need of a descent slim fitting suit to wear ASAP (preferably black or dark gray).  I'm 5'11" and a pretty slim/skinny dude (160 lb) so I need it to fit really good.

I'm on a budget so I can't be getting all extravagant with the crazy prices of designer name brands and all that (the most I am willing to spend at this point is probably $300, maybe a little more).

Any suggestions/advice as to what brand/style/store to look for is most definitely appreciated.  I'm in Connecticut so my options are kind of limited.  Thanks.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

If you had to choose, what are the 10 essential items an everyday college student would need to buy to best be on his path towards dressing better? Yes, I am that student and yes, I am standing on the precipice and will go shopping soon. Please disregard jeans.

i have put up a list twice in this thread. just search within this thread.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

i have put up a list twice in this thread. just search within this thread.

Went browsing through Marshall's. Nothing special, but good deals IMO. 
2v32zno.jpg

zodzbd.jpg

zodzbd.jpg

2z656x5.jpg

2dwdq49.jpg

Rundown:

Navy/Red PLR & Black/Purple PLR: $25 each.

Black Kenneth Cole Two Pocket Polo: $20

Blue/Green/Marine/Red Polo Sneaks: $30

Steve Madden sunglasses (Love these): $8

All in all, I think I made out pretty good. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheHype

No hate towards you at all but I HATE those polo sneakers
laugh.gif

You're post just reminded me, lol

laugh.gif
 To be honest with you, I only ever liked the all blue pair but couldn't find it. I saw this pair at the local Journey's for $50 and then saw it a Marshall's for that price. They didn't really get my attention until I tried them on. They have blue on the other side, I just didn't post that pic.
I absolutely hate the high-tops, though, especially the all leather ones. 
laugh.gif
 I don't know why, I could just never convince myself to buy a pair.

$30? Can't pass it up. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheHype

No hate towards you at all but I HATE those polo sneakers
laugh.gif

You're post just reminded me, lol

laugh.gif
 To be honest with you, I only ever liked the all blue pair but couldn't find it. I saw this pair at the local Journey's for $50 and then saw it a Marshall's for that price. They didn't really get my attention until I tried them on. They have blue on the other side, I just didn't post that pic.
I absolutely hate the high-tops, though, especially the all leather ones. 
laugh.gif
 I don't know why, I could just never convince myself to buy a pair.

$30? Can't pass it up. 
pimp.gif

start with staples ... and invest in quality pieces that will last a long time. then with time add the other components. by default allitems should fit perfectly, so search hi and low till you find the right fitting items, or work with a competent tailor to get the items altered. i wouldsuggest the following:

a pair of khaki flat front pants.
a pair of dark denim jeans
a pair of grey flannel/wool flat front pants
a couple white dress shirts (maybe one spread color, one button-down collar)
a couple blue dress shirts (maybe one solid blue, one striped blue)
a very good brown belt
a very good black belt
a pair of low profile sneakers (think jack purcell etc)
two very good LEATHER pair of dress shoes (one brown, one black - think Italian - lots of brands discussed here)
a very good navy blazer (will help dress things up when needed)

this would be a great start if they are all very well fitting. then from there you can start buying more pieces and colors to complement them. also, embracediversity - dont totally get rid of your jordans, nikes etc. you may choose to reduce the herd of athletic shoes, but always keep some you can rock once in awhile to spice your wardrobe up.

good luck.

I had it bookmarked lol.
I'm still searching for some shoes, idk if I want leather or suede though.

Can someone point me in the right direction of this list Niidawg is talking about? I've searched for a while and this thread is 900+ pages. Every phrase I use is getting a ton of hits.

Hey guys, Whats the best places/ Stores/ Name brand for Slim Fit clothes for work?? I need to go shopping for new working clothes this weekend. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom