Dressing better

Originally Posted by slickrick916

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

seriously.. I cringe at some of these questions... Dudes think some of us on some elitist shh, but everything I've learned about fashion has come from reading/researching via forums, magazines, and on the street, before blogs were even big.

+1 
laugh.gif
 My friends ask me questions all the time (which is fine) but your really only going to get a good idea on clothes/styles from researching/reading yourself. I was always into clothes/shoes since middle school, but not till the last few years did I really get into it. It's a long process but a fun one. For the newbs, here are some good websites to check out.
1. styleforumdotnet

2.superfuturedotcom

3. stylezeigeist (for the goth ninja's who like baller boots and leathers)

4. acontinouslean

There are a ton more out on the web but these are good starters to browse and look around.

+2, dudes need to go out and do some research on these sites and develop their own styles.  Although most of the people posting newb questions on here would get ripped apart on those sites. Each forum has their own style basically so it is good to go and check everything out.  I am not sure if to many people here though would be into SZ with its goth ninja steez.  That is my favorite forum to lurk though, to bad I can't afford hardly any of the stuff posted their though, one day I hope to be able to throw down some cash for a Julius or RO leather.

Originally Posted by beezylocks

how would i know what tie not to use
only one i know how to tie is the half windsor. what about the four in hand

If you have an iphone get the tiee app helps alot

What is a good all around sock color when wearing jeans most of the time with casual sneakers? Trying to get out of the white sock phase.

^
roll.gif

nii that last fit is extra smooth
pimp.gif

I need info on those pants though

Does anyone know where the sales are for the holiday ?
mad.gif

Originally Posted by ddot7

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Originally Posted by ddot7

Juicy J 32 wrote:
I don't see how it should be a problem to any decent tailor, has she done anything for you other than just hemming pants and jeans? 

She's done a couple shirts for me and a few pairs of jeans/slacks for work. The when she wouldn't taper the jeans it kinda made me mad.

So I tried out another tailor to get sleeves shortened and sides brought in on some shirts and she did a great job. I'll probably end up bringing in my slacks over time to have them tailored to fit my legs better.

Originally Posted by Shaze804

^
roll.gif

nii that last fit is extra smooth
pimp.gif

I need info on those pants though

Does anyone know where the sales are for the holiday ?
mad.gif

they are banana republic's but bought from the UK. they come with button fly and i got them tapered a bit more by my tailor after i brought them back.

lovely feel and color. my favorite gray pants now.

someone asked about dark green gingham shirts. i ran into a couple at the BR Outlet in Cummings Northern Georgia Premium Outlets on Thursday. They were going for 8 bucks. I bought one in Medium and it fit like a glove. Will rotate it with the one i've had for a few years now.

Hey guys, can I get some opinions on this fit. Its a tweed jacket and a black tie and brown shoes and grey slacks. I'm not sure if I should wear the white button up or blue.

5v26gh.jpg

rctxcw.jpg

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Hey guys, can I get some opinions on this fit. Its a tweed jacket and a black tie and brown shoes and grey slacks. I'm not sure if I should wear the white button up or blue.

5v26gh.jpg

rctxcw.jpg

Its actually not a bad fit. Tweed is more fall/winter. Just get the pants and jacket tailored to fit your body. I would switch the tie though, look is a little muted.

- pants need hemming
- jacket is a size too big in the neck and chest. if you want to keep it, the body needs to be tightened and so does the collar. as it stands it is not hugging your neck and chest.
- as has been said, tweed is for cooler climes. may not be season appropriate if you are in summer now.

Jacket sleeves are too short as well and the combination of colors doesn't work at all IMO.

man thanks to this thread all I wear now is

-V necks
-BDG t-shirts
-straight fit levis
-cardigans
-Sperrys
-& some Ralph Lauren Polos

im trying to figure out how i can fit my Jordans and some of my dunks into my outfits with out looking tacky....if thats even humanly possible.
EDIT- Oh and one more thing.....i had to get a custom made suit (im 6'9) from a guy that makes suits for NBA players....and my jacket/ blazer or w/e is OD long. He says its the style, but I'd rather take you guys word for it....is this true?

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

im trying to figure out how i can fit my Jordans and some of my dunks into my outfits with out looking tacky....if thats even humanly possible.
yea i dont like any of the shoes posted in here either lol

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

EDIT- Oh and one more thing.....i had to get a custom made suit (im 6'9) from a guy that makes suits for NBA players....and my jacket/ blazer or w/e is OD long. He says its the style, but I'd rather take you guys word for it....is this true?

did you watch the NFL draft? do you see the pictures of the NBA players posted? Do you see any of them wearing OD long jackets?

find another tailor.   

Back
Top Bottom