Dressing better

What type of pants do I wear with a blue chambray shirt? I assume khaki pants? Anywhere to get those 511 trousers? Also would a darker shade of denim also suffice?

Oh and yes for those chambray's at GAP they do run a bit big. I'm 5'10 160 and had to get a small.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

What type of pants do I wear with a blue chambray shirt? I assume khaki pants? Anywhere to get those 511 trousers? Also would a darker shade of denim also suffice?

Oh and yes for those chambray's at GAP they do run a bit big. I'm 5'10 160 and had to get a small.

yes for light khakis, dark khakis, darker denim. example from a few pages back:

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Originally Posted by got shoes

i copped some chambray denim shirts from gap for bogo. these shirts are huge. i had to get a small and i'm 6'0 150.

Gap shirts fit big I was just about to cop the same style I normally wear a small in button up shirts so i guess i should get an xs?

Gap shirts fit small. Maybe cuz i'm tall
smile.gif

laugh.gif
 Looks like ill just have to quit being lazy and go to the store

i'd go with XS if they even carry it in stores. but the BOGO promotion is only in stores.

Someone told me it was only for last weekend is this true..? or is it continuous?

I wanted to show Melo's recent fit. I only would have changed the shoes to a brown leather but still nice.
melo-lalaCS550.jpg

*Lala looks good by the way.
pimp.gif

i copped some chambray denim shirts from gap for bogo. these shirts are huge. i had to get a small and i'm 6'0 150.

Gap shirts fit big I was just about to cop the same style I normally wear a small in button up shirts so i guess i should get an xs?

smile.gif

laugh.gif

i'd go with XS if they even carry it in stores. but the BOGO promotion is only in stores.

Someone told me it was only for last weekend is this true..? or is it continuous?

i got my gap BOGO shirts yesterday which was a monday.

So i bought this dark denim shirt last week.

Im wondering what i can really wear with it. I wish i had thought of this before i bought it.

Am i stuck with khaki pants or shorts? Would camo shorts work? I was thinking a white v-neck, the denim shirt unbuttoned with sleeves rolled, and some camo shorts. I really have no idea though.

94td3001-indzoom1.jpg

I've seen denim shirts pulled off well with khakis or beige chinos. I think GQ has a guide on how to wear denim shirts iirc. There might be some look in there you like.

Thanks, ill look into GQ.

My problem is i still wear my pants and shorts baggy. Not super baggy, but i wear 501s a size too big and wear em loosely on my hips. And i never wear khakis casually because i would wear them baggy, and i dont like that look for khakis.

So basically im hoping dark camo shorts will look solid, as thats my main option in my head.

I think khakis can actually be pulled off baggier than jeans. Now I am not saying you should wear your khakis baggier than your jeans but khakis tend to be more forgiving in fits. It isn't supposed to be skin tight and should be slightly more loose than jeans for a more relaxed look. If you already have a baggier jeans, just go very slightly slimmer with khakis and as long as you can keep the shirt in proportion, I think you can pull it off.
Here's some look from GQ.

matthew-goode-j-crew-shirt.jpeg
matthew-goode-calvin-klein-gilded-age.jpeg

matthew-goode-j-crew-denim.jpeg
matthew-goode-j-crew-denim2.jpeg

I don't think I would ever rock white pants by choice.  I had to wear them for work, hated every second of it.

How many colors are too much? I have a brown jacket, blue shirt, grey pants, black tie, and brown shoes. the jacket and shoes are different shades, so im looking at 5 different colors.

Colors just need to compliment each other. I wouldn't consider two different shades of brown to be different colors. I think your good as long as the colors do not clash. Plus you do not really want too match the colors too much by hitting the correct shade all the time, it may seem trying too hard. Just make sure the colors flow together as Nii would say. Look at Nii's last fit, assuming the belt doesn't match the color of his shoes perfectly, that is 7 different colors/shades/patterns not including the bag. Then if he wore a watch, then that is another color. As long as you can work it all together, then you'll be good to go.

smile.gif

laugh.gif

i got my gap BOGO shirts yesterday which was a monday.
Thanks alot 

Brooks Brothers FACTORY store: Take 40% off your entire
purchase-everything in the store from Thursday, May 27- Monday, May 31
navy_blazer_outfits.jpg

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Man.. what kind of color and fabric is this?

Its perfect, the type of navy I want on my suit to be made.  Ideally im after this color and cut:
Its super 120s wool ... and the fabric color is called airforce blue. Mine is a bit darker of an airforce blue.

Cool, thanks Nii.. will get my suit made up hopefully soon!

I have a 40% off one item Banana Republic online code i don't need

time to give back, since i used someones gap code last time

5/26 only

MKZG7Y4L78BB

Back
Top Bottom