Dressing better

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I wish i had a code for Gap right now. Wanna pick up that Navy barracuda 30% off 49.99
Sweet. Then you will have a barracuda to match the ones me and Homer have for the next time the 3 of us go out.

Seems like I never have bread when these codes come out
laugh.gif

I'm eyeing some of the SS chambrays from M&O though. Sucks that I can't use the code though..

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Any of you guys mess with Vineyard Vines?

I'm about to cop some of their ties for work.
I've got a couple ties.

They make some solid button ups though. Good patterns/colors.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Those Bass shoes up there all look pretty good. Does anyone own a pair and can shed some light on them?
nerd.gif

Felt real uninspired and lazy lately, especially since it's starting to get hot.
I tried the semi-boot-tuck tonight.
v75t0o.jpg

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

I wish i had a code for Gap right now. Wanna pick up that Navy barracuda 30% off 49.99
Sweet. Then you will have a barracuda to match the ones me and Homer have for the next time the 3 of us go out.
o hai

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

o hai
im not invited ?
frown.gif

Originally Posted by hadegbite

sure wish i had an H&M proxy to help me get a linen suit.

I was at H&M yesterday looking to buy a suit.  The linen suits were decent looking but most of them were heavily wrinkled.  I would've bought the off-white one if I wanted to look like I was from Miami Vice.
I ended up finding a nice, wool gray suit at the 2nd H&M i visited.  I have to exchange the pants because the size on the price tag was different from the actual size.  No wonder they felt surprisingly loose.  I thought I had lost weight.  
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Felt real uninspired and lazy lately, especially since it's starting to get hot.
I tried the semi-boot-tuck tonight.

May be casual, but I really like this RFX! 

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Why do you have an oven mitt on your dry erase board, again?
laugh.gif

Assuming his co-worker tried to point to out where he was from on his hand and Nii was utterly confused, he drew out a map of one of the great states of the union my tracing his over sized right hand... Just a map of MI.  Gotta love it when you can tell people where you are from by using your hand. 

On another note, I know the BB Friends & Family just finished, but seeing as they have a big sale every other month or so, can we expect of summer sale in June?  Hopefully 30% off?

Originally Posted by 18th letter

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Do me and Grimm look alike?
I confuse you two also. I thought i was the only one. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Grimm is cuter.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I guess the similarity in our physique causes the confusion

RFX, the red chambray isnt Polo...the name's not coming to me right now, though.

My first pair of Chucks ever.
http://
214zihg.jpg

Cole Haan joints I was gonna pick up till I realized the Florsheims were cheaper
n6c16s.jpg

Question for you guys who get your suits tailored:  I found a well-fitting gray suit at h&m to wear to my cousin's wedding.  I tried looking for short sizes but they only had regulars.  I will get the pants hemmed and sleeves shortened.  The problem is the non-functional buttons are near the bottom of the sleeves (pic below).  Should I ask the tailor to move the bottom buttons up or will the button placement look weird?  Maybe I should keep looking for more suits in the same price range but ones in short sizes. 
ohwell.gif

Might not be worth it for a H&M suit, but tailors can shorten the sleeves from the shoulders.

The other thing is that short and regular aren't different only in the sleeves. The actual length of the suit is actually different so make sure you buy the one that fits the body, not just the sleeves

For non-functional sleeves, you do not want to get it altered by the shoulders. That is too big of a risk and expensive.
Talk to the tailor and ask him if he can copy the stitching in the sleeves, some can do it while some can't.
I would definitely ask to move the bottom button to the top because you don't want it too close to the edge.
Or, you can just ask the tailor to talk it off completely and clean off the stitching. I've seen sleeves with 3 buttons and it wasn't too bad at all.

And thanks Nii for the compliment, it was a shot in the dark and I liked how it turned out.
Awesome, awesome loafers too. I am kind of pissed I missed on a similar loafer (but in cordo color) by Paul Smith at the Gilt sale last week.

Back
Top Bottom