Dressing better

Some new pick-ups minutes ago courtesy of Ebay:

Ferragamo

11absap.jpg

GANT:

GANT111809_141343.main.jpg

Question about the GANT shoes I got:

I got it for $73 inc. shipping - is that a fair price for some GANT shoes? How cheap can they go @ the outlets?

Sorry I have no basis since 1. it's my first pair from them 2. We don't have GANT in Toronto (or I just haven't seen them)

A couple pictures I posted during my black blazer obsession last week.

The man who started the trend himself in first picture, Hedi Slimane from Dior Homme.

hedi-slimane-diesel-red.jpg

Dean and Dan from DSquared2
christina.jpg

dsquared-clothing.jpg

Dior runway show, I need those jeans.
dior2005iv2.jpg

My man Alexander Wang with a couple good looks in the black Blazer.

8edb8a70d99119e3_alexander_wang.jpg

080m.jpg

Balmain
balmain01.jpg

Christophe Decarnin is killing it.

Paris+Fashion+Week+Balmain+Spring+Summer+2009+qBPzWhqNUyLl.jpg

The discussion on black blazers were about versatility and I will just re-iterate what Niidawg said, most of the looks on the pic posted looks good, but how versatile can it be when all the looks are the same, black blazer, jeans with a shirt. Show me the black blazer working well with a navy trouser, some flannel pants (material not pattern) or herringbone pants or chinos. Show me a pic of someone wearing a black blazer with khakis and show me how a navy blazer wouldn't be a better option? Case in point is a black blazer isn't versatile. No one said it can't look good.

I know looks are subjective but to be honest, all those looks with the black blazer will look much better with a navy blazer or even beige blazer in some of the darker denims. And I am sorry but that Balmain blazer with the skin tight sweats tucked in the boots is not a good look.

Black blazers look nice but you can only pull the same outfits so many times. I feel black blazers will only look good with either black or white shoes, where as navy and gray can pretty much look good with any color. Just my 0.02

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I didn't know the hate for black suits/blazers was that strong here lol

I was always told to wear grey, navy, or black suits.  I have a black pinstriped pant suit and a black wool skirt suit. 

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

A couple pictures I posted during my black blazer obsession last week.

The man who started the trend himself in first picture, Hedi Slimane from Dior Homme.

Dean and Dan from DSquared2
christina.jpg

dsquared-clothing.jpg

Balmain
balmain01.jpg

Christophe Decarnin is killing it.

Paris+Fashion+Week+Balmain+Spring+Summer+2009+qBPzWhqNUyLl.jpg
I don't consider myself a 'fashionisto' so I have no ideas who any of those guys are.  I just know that the pictures I quoted above are laughable. 

The dudes up top are wearing crotch straps?  The dude in the middle is wearing sweat pants and some latex boots?  And the jeans on the last dude is just sloppy.

Originally Posted by SShanique

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I didn't know the hate for black suits/blazers was that strong here lol

I was always told to wear grey, navy, or black suits.  I have a black pinstriped pant suit and a black wool skirt suit. 
A black pinstripe suit is a different story though.
And there really isn't hate on solid black suits, they are just not appropriate in every situation/events as most people think.

Originally Posted by ProducedByTheJuice

Originally Posted by RFX45

And these boots as well?
And these boots as well?

I already answered these questions several times, I just take the pics out so that it doesn't take up space.
So those red boots are Paul Smith Bihar boots.
The tan suede ones are Paul Smith Borelli boots.

Where would I go about looking for some nice, good quality plain white & black shirts. I want something I can casually wear with a jacket or a blazer. I prefer my clothes to be somewhat slim fitting, not too tight tho.
Thanks

And these boots as well?
And these boots as well?

I already answered these questions several times, I just take the pics out so that it doesn't take up space.
So those red boots are Paul Smith Bihar boots.
The tan suede ones are Paul Smith Borelli boots.
no luck finding the tan ones online... pricing/info/link?

Originally Posted by niidawg3

rsdplaya wrote:

niidawg3 wrote:

CJ003 wrote:

is a medium gray suit acceptable for a job interview? and which would be better for an interview dark gray, medium gray or dark blue?

the darker, the better ... except of course no black. first option dark blue ... and then dark grey.
so when should one wear a black suit?

1. To a funeral, preferably not yours
2. As a tuxedo to a formal event.

laugh.gif
don't know why but this made me laugh

if you have a Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH location near you. They're having a "Men's Sale" next week. Not sure of the specifics but I DO KNOW that the suits are going to be BUY ONE GET ONE FREE. I believe you pay for the most expensive suit. Brands like Hugo Boss, Ermenegildo Zegna, Theory, Armani, Ben Sherman, Versace, Calvin Klein, and so forth
laugh.gif
I recently bought a Ted Baker (London based) tie for $4.50 and a Zegna suit a few weeks ago for less than $100 (last seasons collection).

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Some new pick-ups minutes ago courtesy of Ebay:

Ferragamo

GANT:

Question about the GANT shoes I got:

I got it for $73 inc. shipping - is that a fair price for some GANT shoes? How cheap can they go @ the outlets?

Sorry I have no basis since 1. it's my first pair from them 2. We don't have GANT in Toronto (or I just haven't seen them)
Gant makes good clothes - i cannot speak for their shoes. 73 shipped is a touch on the high side for something you dont know about. I'd suggest asking about it prior to bidding/winning. You dont have to share the link if you are worried the snipers will take you out ... lol.

Anyone know where I can find a pair of Paul Smith Corso boots in a brown size 8? Been searching online but haven't had any luck.

Back
Top Bottom