Dressing better

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

For more a fitted dress pants look I heard you ask the tailor to hem your pants with no break. Is that true?

Repost since you guys went off a bit

it all depends on your preference. dress pants most people go for a hem with no break and taper, others go for a slight break (usually without taper), and then you have the "Al Jefferson":

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by RFX45

Nii, what is the blazer you posted last and what material was it made of?

Versace - 100% wool ... but its so damn light so works well all year round. my go to jacket.

Very nice. It doesn't look like the typical wool though, it looks thicker and without the slight sheen most wool has. 
It looks almost cotton like, is it unlined?

Yeah - unlined, and almost 0 padding. You are talking about the navy jacket i wore today right?  

Yup, this one: http://niketalk.yuku.com/...8/t/Dressing-better.html
That is the kind of material I am looking for in a casual blazer, I like it a lot. I like the fact that it has a peak lapel too.

For more a fitted dress pants look I heard you ask the tailor to hem your pants with no break. Is that true?

Repost since you guys went off a bit

it all depends on your preference. dress pants most people go for a hem with no break and taper, others go for a slight break (usually without taper), and then you have the "Al Jefferson":

laugh.gif
looks like he is wearing a sagging overside basketball shorts. 
Epaulets on the sport coat is the cherry on top though. 
roll.gif

interesting... even after college and getting married, i'm wearing t's, button downs, slim fit levis, and worn chucks to the office everyday. but our office is chill, and there's no dress code or clothing expectation beyond just wearing some. oh yeah, and the pay and benefits are excellent.

i never got those dudes in college who wore suits to class and stuff. but then, i've never aspired to make over $100k per year or cared too much about fashion, so it is what it is... maybe its a seattle thing, ha.

Originally Posted by clkru

i never got those dudes in college who wore suits to class and stuff. but then, i've never aspired to make over $100k per year or cared too much about fashion, so it is what it is... maybe its a seattle thing, ha.

I've spoken to those who wore suits in classes before and most of them are interns or had a job that required them to wear suits. You will rarely find any students wearing a suit every day just to attend classes or just for the heck of it.

^interesting about the suit dudes... i hope they're paid interns on not the labor-for-free students working in our office! we don't make 'em dress up (though some do) or offer any promise of catching on after graduation, but man do we pile that work on them!

Originally Posted by jomitm

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by RavageBX

someone help me find a shirt just like that isnt $60??
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/...s/PRDOVR~12445/12445.jsp
erez

thx alot in advance..
If you're in NY Uniqlo has/had one just like that for $30 and the quality was very nice.
No i live about 15 mins outside of ATL.. i wish we had a Uniqlo down here in GA
i have one from H&M that cost me like $15. but it was from 2 seasons ago.

my friends call me 'picnic cloth' though everytime i wear it. 
smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i can see it lol..

Still havent found one though..
frown.gif
frown.gif

Back to normal on Wednesday:

Do you wear a tie during the day? I wear a tie every damn day for work and can't bring myself to wear one when I'm just being casual.

Originally Posted by JStunn197

Do you wear a tie during the day? I wear a tie every damn day for work and can't bring myself to wear one when I'm just being casual.

I'd say half and half. It's just what you are comfortable, accustomed to. Kind of like when you don't put your wallet in your back pocket, it feels like something is missing. It's a personal preference really.

Originally Posted by FilthyRich

Past few nights...
Sloppy for Monday:
really?

I am open to criticism. Elaborate on what is wrong. On my defense, I did say it was sloppy. 
happy.gif

erez

thx alot in advance..
If you're in NY Uniqlo has/had one just like that for $30 and the quality was very nice.

smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i can see it lol..

frown.gif
frown.gif
I probably wouldn't wear that by itself because it does look like a picnic cloth. Wear it under a nice cardigan and you're good.

^ i usually like your fits but this one to me just looks a lil odd.
green shirt w/ navy blue n white tie and brown pants?

not hatin but is this really in?

The thread isn't really about trend or what is in.
It's a personal taste and style and I think the blue and white tie goes well with the green shirt and brown pants.
Again, it may just be me but I like it.

No worries, I did not take any hate. I was just curious what you thought was wrong.

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

question: do you guys really pay more than $50 for a tie? i understand really liking a pattern/color, but why when you can find there's such a huge selection of them at TJ maxx/Marshalls for <$15
Naw, I usually hit Zara or BR on sale areound 10 bucks.

Originally Posted by shake n bake718

adn39y.jpg

New pickup. Im a fan
happy.gif
pimp.gif
...I'd love to have these since I dont trust the laces on standard DesiBoots. Feel like they'll untie quick and theyd b too short for me.
did you size down for this pair and how much?? Where from and whats the name Clark's gave that style?  (desert slip?)

Good %*%+. Thanks

erez

thx alot in advance..

smh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i can see it lol..

frown.gif
frown.gif
I probably wouldn't wear that by itself because it does look like a picnic cloth. Wear it under a nice cardigan and you're good.
yea, i would only wear in under a jacket or something..

Sweaters fresh off the H&M sale rack
pimp.gif

21117ph.jpg
2n6f7t.jpg

I'd say half and half. It's just what you are comfortable, accustomed to. Kind of like when you don't put your wallet in your back pocket, it feels like something is missing. It's a personal preference really.

Past few nights...
Sloppy for Monday:
really?

I am open to criticism. Elaborate on what is wrong. On my defense, I did say it was sloppy. 
happy.gif

Sometimes bro, I think you need to be sloppier (nh
laugh.gif
).

Sag the pants a little lower than your waist, depending on the shoes undo the laces a bit, etc. You look uncomfortable or mannequin-esque at times.

Overall you can put a great outfit together though.

Past few nights...
Sloppy for Monday:
really?
I was sort of surprised by this too. The outfit without a tie would be 
pimp.gif
 and with a better matching tie would be 
eek.gif
. This is of course just opinion but usually I love your fits, this time I think the tie kills it. If the tie was the same pattern but black and grey, it'd be sick. 

off topic kinda, but i like her
Spoiler [+]
12089Acct08Web.jpg
via the Sartorialist.  I kinda wanna wife. idk y

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

RFX45 wrote:

Past few nights...
Sloppy for Monday:
really?

happy.gif

Sometimes bro, I think you need to be sloppier (nh
laugh.gif
).

Sag the pants a little lower than your waist, depending on the shoes undo the laces a bit, etc. You look uncomfortable or mannequin-esque at times.

Overall you can put a great outfit together though.

laugh.gif

but I'm not a big fan of that outfit either, from the epaulets to the tie, to the mustard cords.... ehh :/

Back
Top Bottom