Dressing better

Originally Posted by nologo02184

Originally Posted by Prowler 23

how do clarks' desert boots fit? i usually wear a 12 in dunks, air maxes and the like, but i hear that clarks should be sized down. i have a 12 in claes and those feel a little big.

i can't try them on, so i need some guidance. i have flat feet and feel that 12 is my true size...so should i get the 12 or 11 1/2 in clarks' desert boots?
I wear 11 1/2 in most nikes and Jordans , and I purchased a 10 1/2 in my Desert Boots

thanks...i ordered a pair of clarks desert boots in beeswax leather finish in an 11 1/2... weren't on sale, but according to those guys at styleforum, clarks only puts them out every 4-5 years, so its probably only the leftovers that are left. PM if you want a link
Can you post the link? I recently bought 2 pairs of DBs for 70 or so with a 20% coupon at shoes.com when they were having a sale, I'm stilllooking for a pair of beeswax.

As far as sizing, I bought the same size clarks as I wear converse all stars. They definitely run big, but not at first. When you first get the shoes, theywill feel really really snug since the leather hasn't stretched yet. After a few wears, it'll stretch and the leather will be a lot more supple.

fyi, I wear:

size 11 vans slipons
size 11 dunk sbs
size 10 converse all stars
size 10 clarks DBs

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

how do clarks' desert boots fit? i usually wear a 12 in dunks, air maxes and the like, but i hear that clarks should be sized down. i have a 12 in claes and those feel a little big.

i can't try them on, so i need some guidance. i have flat feet and feel that 12 is my true size...so should i get the 12 or 11 1/2 in clarks' desert boots?
I wear 11 1/2 in most nikes and Jordans , and I purchased a 10 1/2 in my Desert Boots

thanks...i ordered a pair of clarks desert boots in beeswax leather finish in an 11 1/2... weren't on sale, but according to those guys at styleforum, clarks only puts them out every 4-5 years, so its probably only the leftovers that are left. PM if you want a link
Can you post the link? I recently bought 2 pairs of DBs for 70 or so with a 20% coupon at shoes.com when they were having a sale, I'm still looking for a pair of beeswax.

As far as sizing, I bought the same size clarks as I wear converse all stars. They definitely run big, but not at first. When you first get the shoes, they will feel really really snug since the leather hasn't stretched yet. After a few wears, it'll stretch and the leather will be a lot more supple.

fyi, I wear:

size 11 vans slipons
size 11 dunk sbs
size 10 clarks DBs

can be found here as well, but that seemsto be about it.

quick question--i'm new to leather cleaner. if i'm buying the beeswax, can i use the same leather cleaner on my shoes as a leather jacket the samecolor?

don't pass up on these beeswax db's, guys--supposedly, we won't see these for 4-5 years, so get them now. look at these pics:

essentials-3sixteen-andrew-04.jpg

25508162gb5.jpg

(don't know why it's on a vans box, but you get the point)

can't wait to get these. these and my claes will help me look a little more grown.

and on that note, we need a wdywt in this thread. we should be constructive and not be overly critical. i think we can all learn something from another, asthis thread attests to.

anybody get the black hundreds shoes?

my brown ones came in today and they are a very clean and simple shoe
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great thread - Can anyone give me links/ brands of button-up shirts that are specifically made for wearing untucked. People think theyre doing up wearinguntucked oxfords when in reality the shirt is so long they look like a doctor.

Originally Posted by vdubsta

I wear outfits like this on a normal basis, but this was at a formal. Wore a Orchid dress shirt from express, tan burberry tie, and some dark sevens. With gucci shoes(black leather, white sole) and a white belt.
14ipuo8.jpg

Took it down so it doesn't get flamed:tongue:
How much do these go for?

This trend is great because of this I stopped wearing tees and its all shirts with jeans and jays cause I REFUSE to give up my sneakers. A sweater over theshirt and its so clean

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Can you post the link? I recently bought 2 pairs of DBs for 70 or so with a 20% coupon at shoes.com when they were having a sale, I'm still looking for a pair of beeswax.

As far as sizing, I bought the same size clarks as I wear converse all stars. They definitely run big, but not at first. When you first get the shoes, they will feel really really snug since the leather hasn't stretched yet. After a few wears, it'll stretch and the leather will be a lot more supple.

fyi, I wear:

size 11 vans slipons
size 11 dunk sbs
size 10 clarks DBs
I was gonna ask about desert boots sizing compared to converse so you answered it perfectly.
Thanks man
pimp.gif

zvzsbs.jpg

Been rocking my Bees Wax Desert boots since last year , got a compliment from a mighty sexy lady 1st day I wore them ....cemented my love for these
pimp.gif

got some new express gear today
pimp.gif

going thru my old clothes and damn dude, they are so huge, i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate huge shirts and baggy clothing now, how in the hell did i ever wear thatstuff
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
oh lord

energeegod-
haha i feel you dude.
as of late i've been going through my closet
seeing these loose hoodies/jackets and bootcut jeans
all so booboo now... needa clean up and get some levi 514s and 511s
and even go to the tailor for some dress shirts and stuff

good to see this thread still alive though

Originally Posted by DNeou20

energeegod-
haha i feel you dude.

im telling you now, this skinny fitting trend is never goin away if you do it correctly
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

anybody want to help me find a cardigan with the epaulets?? not necessarily this one but one like such

drake.jpg
Check Club Monaco, they have a cashmere one with metal buttons.
good look, but they only sell in the gallerias in Texas. any online retailers? i see tons of cardigans obviously, but never came across any with the epaulets
info on this cardigan please btw what are some good sites for cardigans??

Am trying to pull a fit with some slacks and something to go with the cardigan but idk what am going for yet any help?

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

energeegod-
haha i feel you dude.

im telling you now, this skinny fitting trend is never goin away if you do it correctly
pimp.gif

I wouldn't even call it a skinny fitting trend or a trend at all.
It is all classic clothes that fit well.
Not skin tight but not baggy either.
The classic style will never go out of style!

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

energeegod-
haha i feel you dude.

pimp.gif

I wouldn't even call it a skinny fitting trend or a trend at all.
It is all classic clothes that fit well.
Not skin tight but not baggy either.
The classic style will never go out of style!

co sign
pimp.gif

hey so my friend was wearing a sweater vest today with an argyle pattern on it with a white shirt and tie underneath. The shirt was untucked, however, so itwas long, especially in the back. I thought it looked funny, however he insisted that it was not supposed to be tucked in because that was the style. Ididn't argue because I really wasn't sure, but is that really the style or would it have been better tucked in? I guess I think it woulda just lookedmore clean, but that's just me

If it's not tucked, it's more casual. But it looks stupid to have a long %*% shirt.

Originally Posted by Truballa72189

hey so my friend was wearing a sweater vest today with an argyle pattern on it with a white shirt and tie underneath. The shirt was untucked, however, so it was long, especially in the back. I thought it looked funny, however he insisted that it was not supposed to be tucked in because that was the style. I didn't argue because I really wasn't sure, but is that really the style or would it have been better tucked in? I guess I think it woulda just looked more clean, but that's just me
i would've tucked the shirt in.

Being untucked under a sweater isn't really casual, just sloppy.
If it is for a casual event, it should be worn with jeans or chino's (and maybe sneakers).

On another hand, got myself a new pair of chino's and they fit real well.
On sale at Macy's, Converse by JV. Still pricey at $80 (retail $165) but damn to they fit well.
One of my best fitting pair of light chino's OTR. No alterations needed at all.
2rrw590.jpg

Back
Top Bottom