Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

Bought a BoO shirt (it'll be my first BoO shirt) to give it a try.

Fit is amazing but definitely not for everyone. I wish I could have picked some up from GILT but they don't ship to Canada or accept Canadian CCs
frown.gif

I've only handled BoO but never owned.
I purchased a Small and I know those things fit very, very slim so I'd have to see if that size will even fit.

Originally Posted by SDS45

Bought a BoO shirt (it'll be my first BoO shirt) to give it a try.

Fit is amazing but definitely not for everyone. I wish I could have picked some up from GILT but they don't ship to Canada or accept Canadian CCs
frown.gif
indifferent.gif

Glad i never signed up

I have those Rugby chinos, too. The rise could have been about an inch lower and the legs about a half inch narrower. I was hoping to not have to get themtailored, but oh well. If your legs aren't as skinny as mine are, you'll probably be alright with them.

again w/ the gilt sale...i checked the sizes available on the John Varvatos cropped peacoat right at noon and only a size M was available...the rest were soldout

did they have that in a previous sale? 'cause they couldn't have sold the other sizes listed within 30 seconds

too bad i didn't have more time to browse...i would've maybe picked up the brushed cotton blazer and a shirt

Oh man, once the page loaded I jumped on the pea coat too but the small was sold out and the medium was already in the cart.
I don't think they had that size small at all to begin with though.

Oh man, once the page loaded I jumped on the pea coat too but the small was sold out and the medium was already in the cart.
I don't think they had that size small at all to begin with though.

they couldn't have because the large and XL were showing sold out right at noon as well

i thought maybe it was leftover from before but i don't remember seeing it on another sale previously

I think I have come at a crossroads in my life regarding all things fashion. I believe it is simply a part of growing up, but I feel it is happening earlierthan expected. The Jordans I used to care for now sit, wasting away in their boxes. I will admit, much of this detachment is due to an evolving style,or rather a slimming fit I have grown accustomed to wearing.

At this moment, I would like my footwear to consist mainly of runners and casual shoes. However, I stumbled upon gem of a shoe brand/shoemaker, Mr. Hare. Ididn't even know dude was Jamaican
pimp.gif
. A few of the pieces are now for sale. I was geeking over the Stingray Orwell, but those are priced at $905.40,which is just a tad bit out of my price range. And by "tad bit" I mean no where close. The regular Orwell is awesome as well, and priced at a muchcooler $535.98
laugh.gif
. I laugh because while it may sound like a good amount of money, many of these higher priced items feature premium leathers and othermaterials, handmade and precision craftsmanship. They are meant to last years upon years. NT should be the last ones scoffing at consumers of quality footwear.Spending upwards of $300 for craptastic leather is not what's hot in the streets. I want these naow!!
http://www.oki-ni.com/Mr-Hare-Secret-Link/MrHare-Orwell/invt/mrh0001blk
imageEffectsAbove_49780015.png

I don't even know how I came to make such a post. I must still be high off the fumes of some industrial strength glue I was trapped in while at work for 10hours today.

I'm not sure if the last post is correct. If not, I'll fix when yuke gets it's $$!% together.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

^^^ That McQueen look is very Jack the Ripper.
Looks more like Alex from A Clockwork Orange

Touche, he looks too clean though.
I would love to pull off that look though, I just need the hat and a navy peacoat and I'll be there.

Super Producer, I think what you are feeling is totally normal. All my Jordans are just sitting in the boxes in my closet, I really should find the time tosell them so I can make some room.
The move from baggy streetwear to a more fitting, classic look is understandable and the search for quality items that looks good becomes a main focus.
If I could afford it and isn't too impatient, I would try and get all my clothes custom made, shirts, suits, shoes, etc... Living in SoCal, it is possible,it just isn't my taste as of yet.
Maybe when I am older, in the meantime, I just try to take advantage of the recession and purchase quality items like BoO from GILT, Paul Smith and JV.
Although I could probably get much better quality for what I spend, half the time, I am after a certain look that more expensive alternative does not provide.
I'm not against spending less money on great fitting clothes with sub par quality like H&M or Levis though. It's all about finding the balance andachieving the look you are looking for.

Yes, patience is something I'm learning when it comes to building a wardrobe I can feel proud of and continue to grow into (figuratively speaking). I'mnot even knocking lower quality brands as I myself have a couple H&M items. Honestly, that post was just a random collective boiled up and not evencompletely thought out and delivered.

Anyway, I've got a French Connection jacket to pick up tomorrow at Marshall's. My cousin took a picture, sent it to me, I gave the OK, and instead ofbuying it for me, this piece of work put's it on layaway. lol, whatever, I'll snap some pics Saturday. It looks hawt.

Originally Posted by sloanboy

btn_zoom.gif

pPOLO2-5836086_standard_v330.jpg
do anyone know any other clothing line that sell this style shirts not feeling the colors

Tim Hamilton @ GILT has two that looks and should fit pretty well.
They also have a black and a blue gingham shirt.
tim_ha10.jpg

on the subject of desert boot's, the coach boots i got off ebay for 30 came in yesterday. no camera, but here's the ebay image (not sure if i postedhere or not)

The quality on them is great and i'm very happy to see good quality desert boots on a gum sole that won't look trashed like the clarks crepe.

here's a trick for fellow canadians having problems with gilt.com . if you live anywhere near the border, go get a PO box. change your billing address onyour cc to the po box and voila, you now have a legitimate US billing address that you can also ship all your items to. works like a charm for me andhaven't had a problem yet.

that mcqueen look is more or less perfection in my eyes. clean jeans, navy peacoat, quality boots. i'm undecided on whether or not that's what i'llbe going for, but i'm at least waiting until september to buy anything, been dropping wight lately.

laugh.gif

I blame the weather and everything Cali has to offer.
It's just too perfect here in SoCal. Everything's within reach.
I can't imagine myself living elsewhere.
happy.gif

And for the fall/winter, Nike Sportwear is releasing some nice varsity jackets.
I'm just hoping these stuff doesn't fit like JB clothes.
Nike Stadium/Varsity Jackets
nike-sportswear-2009-fall-stadium-varsity-jackets-1.jpg

nike-sportswear-2009-fall-stadium-varsity-jackets-3.jpg

nike-sportswear-2009-fall-stadium-varsity-jackets-4.jpg

nike-sportswear-2009-fall-stadium-varsity-jackets-5.jpg

nike-sportswear-2009-fall-stadium-varsity-jackets-6.jpg

nike-sportswear-2009-fall-stadium-varsity-jackets-7.jpg
Google Shopping says these are 395 at the NikeStore

Back
Top Bottom