Dressing better

Originally Posted by streetballa2311

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Been looking through this thread for a bit and was wondering if I could get some advice.

I'm currently a junior in university and I'm looking to make some improvements to my wardrobe but I have no idea where to start. I've always been a t-shirt and hoodie person but I see the way some people around me are dressing and I'd like to look a little better. What I want is stuff that would be nicer than what I have right now (mostly Nike/Jordan shirts and hoodies) not so formal that it would look weird if I wore a pair of sneakers and a fitted with my stuff.

If that makes sense and there's clothing out there that would fit with what I want then I'd appreciate some help, like I said- I'm really not sure where I should look and what I should start with
I had that same issue around that same year in college thats crazy.. i just graduated this past december.  What i did is shopped at places like H&m and gap and places like that.  There you can get clothing thats are not so formal.  personally i say get some button down shirts like polo oxfords.. denim shirt or chambray shirt to show more style . stuff that you can wear year round even with a tie or whatever. get some sweaters too vneck, crew neck which ever suits you best.  invest in some khakis.  they are wearable with mostly anything depending on the type of shoes you wear.  Don't be afraid to look at thrift stores too.  you can get some good looking blazers for like 5 dollars and get them tailored to fit you well.  its not really about how much you spend but really the fit of your clothes.  
As for the sneakers its hard to really say because some sneakers are so bulky that you can't, well you can if you want, wear with certain clothing.  if you like wearing  sneakers and want to dress it up a bit i say wear sneakers with simple silhouettes like the jordan 1, jordan 3, and possibly jordan iv.  dunk lows aren't so bad either, chucks are perfect and vans eras are perfect.  usually if i want to dress better in sneakers i.e. foamposites or jordan vs for example i wear street wear that is not so embellished with logo.  for instance i wore a 10 deep cardigan with a regular button down shirt, jeans and some jordan vs.  its not jcrew, brooks brother level but it gives me a better look than just wearing a hoody or t-shirt.  

check out some pics from the style blogger

hope this helps

reIMG_6725-682x1024.jpg

[font=Georgia, Arial, Tahoma, Verdana]
[/font]

[/font]

What size of  jeans are you? we look like were the same hight and weight but my jeans dont fit this way. Info please.
[/font]

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by AyMan23

From Why You Mad?!
that jacket makes dude look like he's 4'8 
I think it just makes him look as if he is trying to hard. GQ has created this sense that imperfections are fashionable. He seems to be creating too many imperfections to look stylist. Its not working. 

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

From Why You Mad?!
I think it just makes him look as if he is trying to hard. GQ has created this sense that imperfections are fashionable. He seems to be creating too many imperfections to look stylist. Its not working. 

agreed, his outfit looks mad uncomfortable. no breathing room whatsoever. i believe this is the same guy that wore shorts with a blazer top. the look isn't working for me. 

Everyones a fashion blogger these days. Only a handful, including JKissi and street etiquette, seems to do them flawlessly w/o looking like they are trying very hard.

I love the fact that the guys in the Jordans looks better than ol' Tweed Jacket/Sweater Vest up there.

Dressing up is what you make it. I work in the Music Business, so I can dress "better" and still wear Jordans, Air Maxes, Air Force 1's, Shells whenever I want.

Except now maybe I'll have a cashmere hoodie. And throw a blazer over it.

To me it's more about the fit now and how you craft your look.

If guys think dressing better is wearing Sperry's and rolling their pants up to mid shin, they can have that.

There is no definition. Do what you think looks better and what you think looks clean and what you feel confident/comfortable in.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Everyones a fashion blogger these days. Only a handful, including JKissi and street etiquette, seems to do them flawlessly w/o looking like they are trying very hard.
I think that guy does it quite well actually, TheStyleBlogger.com, he's developed quite a name for himself, and most of his styles look nothing like what was posted above with the Jordans.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by RFX45

I think that guy does it quite well actually, TheStyleBlogger.com, he's developed quite a name for himself, and most of his styles look nothing like what was posted above with the Jordans.
I was actually talking about the guy in the Thom Browne jacket, blog called "oh you mad" or whatever it is called. Styleblogger has been doing it for a while now, well as long as the trend had existed at least, he may have started it before as well. 

Benssick tthats not me its the style blogger he wears a 36 or 34 waist i forgot but either way you can get levi 511 that fit like that easily . in fact i think they are the levi 511 he is wearing with the grey jeans
but the blue pants are custom made

The thing that bugs me about Ayman's outfit is how stupidly high the pants go up thus creating a pseudo short pant effect which looks ridiculous with that jacket that looks too tight on him. It looks like the lines across the jacket are belts that lend to the illusion that this guy is getting suffocated.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

From Why You Mad?!
Usually the top half of his fits seem good but then the pants and shoes never go well with them.  It's like he's trying to combine 2 different fits but ones that don't coordinate.  I noticed in pics last week that he didn't even show the bottom half.  And ayman23, is that your blog?  Because you're the one always posting the pics.

Dressing Better Gurus,

What do you think about the versatility of this color of the jacket:

pPOLO2-8329835_standard_v360x480.jpg

Would navy be better(unfortunately RL.com is sold out of my size)? As seen here:
pPOLO2-8329480_standard_v360x480.jpg

does anyone know any blogs that show more casual/business causal styles for more muscular people? The style blogger is great but a lot of those looks are unrealistic for someone with my frame (5'10.5" and my weight is usually 195-205 depending on my workout routines).

all the things I find are usually about suits and my line of work doesn't require a suit (no office dress code but I feel way under dressed if I go into the office in a tee other than Fridays).

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Dressing Better Gurus,

pPOLO2-8329835_standard_v360x480.jpg

Would navy be better(unfortunately RL.com is sold out of my size)? As seen here:
pPOLO2-8329480_standard_v360x480.jpg
The blue jacket is much better than the green.
RL tends to use green in much more of the outwear, so blue jackets sell out a lot more quickly because
the production numbers are lower.
These are available at every major retail chain so you should have no problem getting one before the season is over.

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Dressing Better Gurus,

The blue jacket is much better than the green.
RL tends to use green in much more of the outwear, so blue jackets sell out a lot more quickly because
the production numbers are lower.
These are available at every major retail chain so you should have no problem getting one before the season is over.

Good looking out man, I'll begin my search this weekend before the sale is over!
Matter of fact I'll just call them lol.

Posted this in a separate thread. Thought you guys may want this

$75 off $100 at Casual Male XL
Earth Keepers $90 shipped to store

Coupon code RCTV

Quick link to earth keepers
http://shoes-xl.destinationxl.com/m...roductDetail.jsp?catgId=cat70120&prodId=M4375

6" Premiums
http://shoes-xl.destinationxl.com/m...king-boots/6-IN-PREM-WORK-BOOT/cat70120/M1241

Picked up a pair of these and fillers for $30 shpiped to store.
http://shoes-xl.destinationxl.com/m...als/Sperry-Bahama-Chukka-Snkr/cat270065/M4248

I just got some blue Ralph Lauren cords for 12 dollars anybody knows what goes good with blue as far as shirt and shoes

Austin-Wong-Norfolk.jpg

I'm sorry, but this entire outfit is awful. 
laugh.gif

Everything is a size too small, looks like he had a bad run-in with the dryer. 

Can anybody point me in the direction for some nice fitting. affordable cardigans? I looked at jcrew but that was a little too rich for my college budget 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

Can anybody point me in the direction for some nice fitting. affordable cardigans? I looked at jcrew but that was a little too rich for my college budget 
laugh.gif

target?

Back
Top Bottom