Dressing better

Anyone got any links to some good socks? Going to a wedding and looking for some argyle socks to go with black pants....anylinks/help is much appreciated.

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Anyone got any links to some good socks? Going to a wedding and looking for some argyle socks to go with black pants....any links/help is much appreciated.
laugh.gif
Just go to the local Mall, you will find tons. I get mine from BR, Macys', and Express whenever I see some nice ones on sale for $2-4 apair.

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

Originally Posted by wj4

I don't know the body types you guys have, but Banana Republic fitted t's are my fav. I used to have the Gap t shirts and they fit horrible. I had them all..classic fit, crew neck, v neck...sadly I splurged on them when they were on sale. Even a size small fit weird and wide. They look horrible after several washes as well.

Same with me.I bought like 3 packs of those v-necks because of the friends & family sale a while back and they do fit horribly.A size M was too long and too "slim fitting".

i've had different experiences with GAP blank tees personally (athletic fits only, not the pre packs). they're not as thick as my james perse tees butthey're just as comfortable & slightly wider also. i copped some v-necks from the outlet today for $7 a piece since they're trying to slang themonline and in store for $15. i ended up returning the same tees i had just bought that day at regular GAP. surprised they were the same tee considering GAP/BRoutlet clothing is designed to be sub-par to regular stores.

i dig GAP b/c they're pretty consistent with trends while still staying true especially with Patrick Robinson behind the wheel (referencing their 09 FALLlook). there's a redesigned "slim" fit jean they're releasing so hopefully it's actually slim b/c the sample pic says otherwise but thecollection pics show they are. the waist says 32x32 but damn they look huge
6s47sz.jpg

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by wj4

I don't know the body types you guys have, but Banana Republic fitted t's are my fav. I used to have the Gap t shirts and they fit horrible. I had them all..classic fit, crew neck, v neck...sadly I splurged on them when they were on sale. Even a size small fit weird and wide. They look horrible after several washes as well.

Same with me.I bought like 3 packs of those v-necks because of the friends & family sale a while back and they do fit horribly.A size M was too long and too "slim fitting".

i've had different experiences with GAP blank tees personally (athletic fits only, not the pre packs). they're not as thick as my james perse tees but they're just as comfortable & slightly wider also. i copped some v-necks from the outlet today for $7 a piece since they're trying to slang them online and in store for $15. i ended up returning the same tees i had just bought that day at regular GAP. surprised they were the same tee considering GAP/BR outlet clothing is designed to be sub-par to regular stores.

i dig GAP b/c they're pretty consistent with trends while still staying true especially with Patrick Robinson behind the wheel (referencing their 09 FALL look). there's a redesigned "slim" fit jean they're releasing so hopefully it's actually slim b/c the sample pic says otherwise but the collection pics show they are. the waist says 32x32 but damn they look huge
6s47sz.jpg

slim fit? hmm...I always go with the standard fit at Gap...I'll look into this when it comes out in the fall

yeah zac and the jonas bros. do dress extremely tight its disturbing looking at them whenever my nieces come over

that shirt actually looks like a shirt Old Navy had, or still has. Im sure its not, but its the same material I believe

Don't know what brand his chambray shirt is but his pants are almost if not as tight as his girls.
Funny you mentioned that because I was telling a friend that's how the need for a manpurse came about. Jeans are so tight that the pocketsare useless so you need something else to hold your keys, cell, wallet.
laugh.gif

I just read this from another forum and it might be of some help to some here:

If anyone's interested, Foot Locker has Clarks DB in Sand Suede for $47.99. They have them in black and brown too, but those aren't on sale. I just ordered a pair with the coupon code URLFLFFY for 30% off, and they ended up costing me $43.53 with tax and shipping.

With the F&F sale, it is the right time to buy even if the DB's aren't on sale, however, I personally haven't seen it at Footlocker but then again I do not really enter the store looking for it so I may have missed it. Overall, you can probably make a phone order or get it shipped from another store. Good luck to those that wants to try.

Tryna get started on blazers like semi-formal with jeans maybe. Wanted to start with a solid color like black or navy blue then work my way to white or tan.Obviously pricey but I don't wanna spend too much at the beginning. Any ideas??

Originally Posted by RFX45

If anyone's interested, Foot Locker has Clarks DB in Sand Suede for $47.99. They have them in black and brown too, but those aren't on sale. I just ordered a pair with the coupon code URLFLFFY for 30% off, and they ended up costing me $43.53 with tax and shipping.

Robocopped.

i just found out gap, old navy and banana republic are all the same company from wj4s comment on how the shirts fit LOL.

ive never wore any of the brands, interesting though

Originally Posted by RFX45

Robocopped.
x2

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

can someone help me find a charcoal vneck? i appreciate it
It's not that dark, but darker than heather gray, they call it coal. I swear by these shirts.
laugh.gif

http://bananarepublic.gap...61689&scid=361689142

To Cru- you may want to look at sport coats without shoulder pads if you want to be casual and not so formal. These are a great starter IMO.

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/...03/99101381782/90903.jsp

Lurk- yep, they're all under the same umbrella, but quality is very noticeable.

Lol some of the cats in here be dressin like the 3 muskateers

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

coo im gonna look into b. republics v necks
I'm almost certain you're going to like them, man..since you have a lean body and all.
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
Man I found these Ben Sherman s/s button downs in some ill colors,but the sleeves are just way to short. I'm a smaller guy and like how they are fitted but the sleeves are not going to work.

Back
Top Bottom