Dressing better

Off the rack. Like I said it's my first. And yeah i'm "portly" 
happy.gif

Thanks for the really quick input NT
smile.gif

real life....

it looks like that cuz my dude is a little on the husky side....

so hes got skinny legs, and a bigger upper body, which makes it look "off"

Originally Posted by ebpo

First time wearing a suit, it's for an interview. Thoughts?

sgtlhz.jpg

Unbottom the bottom button and wear a nice tie you should be straight for the interview.  
Alterations could be made here and there on the Jacket, but its nothing atrocious.

Originally Posted by remix

where can i get kinda like a moto slim leather jacket ? idk how else to describe it

Look into Temple of Jawnz.
They make custom leathers, quality and customer service is top-notch.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Initial Lotus

Questions:

1. Is it proper NOT to wear an undershirt under a button up. What are the rules on this?
2. Is normal to wear a button down shirt with jeans? (no tie)
3. What are the rules on tucking in? When should you tuck in and when should you not.

Please let me know. Thanks

It's definitely proper to not wear an undershirt. As far as I'm concerned, crewneck shirts should NEVER be worn under another shirt. V-necks aren't necessary at all, but you can wear them either to absorb sweat, or just for the look. I have v-necks in different colors that I wear under my casual button downs sometimes.
As to the other two questions; as others have pointed out, "button down" is a broad category and the answers vary depending on what sort of button down you're talking about. 
If it's a dress shirt that is meant to be worn with ties, it shouldn't be worn with jeans, and it shouldn't be worn untucked.

If it's a casual shirt, you can wear it tucked/untucked, and you can wear it with jeans. 

Some signs that a button down is a dress shirt: it has collar stays, it has a tag on the front bottom, it has a long and semi-circular tail that comes down over your butt.

See the difference here: the left is a dress shirt, the right is a casual shirt. 

tuck.png
I took a shirt I really liked to the tailor, and he cut the shirt from the example on the left to the one on the right. Cost only $4
photo straight outta GQ.

u guys think casual dressy/casual + sneakers like jordans etc are a good look..?? saw my boy pull it off few times and wasnt
that badd

Originally Posted by sb23

u guys think casual dressy/casual + sneakers like jordans etc are a good look..?? saw my boy pull it off few times and wasnt
that badd
Yeah you can pull anything off depending on your style and how the clothes fit. If you got style you would also know what J's to sneaker to rock with dressy/casual clothes.

Originally Posted by BmoneyBagz

that badd
Yeah you can pull anything off depending on your style and how the clothes fit. If you got style you would also know what J's to sneaker to rock with dressy/casual clothes.
I'm sorry but I hate that logic. Jordans with dressy clothing looks terrible to me. Now, certain bball type shoes do look good with jeans and a button up. But dressy, no.

Which one of those outfits is dressy though? If you're used to wearing basketball shorts, jerseys or whatever from 2000, maybe. Each one of those is pretty casual, they just fit well.

that badd
from a while ago, pretty much how i dress day in day out

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

what khaki pants are those with the black/red 1's?
Sneakers by Air Jordan (original colorway, re-released in 2009). Chinos by Ralph Lauren Polo (34×32). White oxford shirt by Band of Outsiders (size 3). Black cotton jacket by Gucci (size 50). Watch by Montblanc (42mm Timewalker). Watchband off eBay. “Clubmaster

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Which one of those outfits is dressy though? If you're used to wearing basketball shorts, jerseys or whatever from 2000, maybe. Each one of those is pretty casual, they just fit well.
His first two fits are definitely more casual. Something you can rock while running errands around the city or grab day drinks with some friends. 
What's this dudes blog again? I'm thinking about swagger jacking that first fit. 

Back
Top Bottom