Dressing better

That one is fine but I was talking about this layering:
thumb_3164_556bef7ef2616d24658be6ba37f71562.jpg

It is a dress shirt, under a sweater, under a vest?
I wouldn't be surprised if it came with a matching blazer too.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

man, i could never get down with polo ..they always fit too baggy on me or seem like it...

POLO's Rugby line is slimmer and I find it's size small tolerable enough.
You can also try black label if you have the budget. It doesn't get any slimmer than BL.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

dude you gotta be anorexic if Ralph Lauren items are to baggy.
grin.gif
nah homey, i got wide shoulder + wide chest and slim waist...44 inch chest, 32 inch waist ...so if i wear a shirt that fit my upper body, the waist area will be flappy around
grin.gif
, i like my shirt fitted ...i stay with paul smith, john varvatos, g-star,etc....just never a fan of polo...but i might give there black label a look tho

laugh.gif

That's not true, I am far from it anorexic, trust me, and RL Rugby in small are the only ones that fit me well.
Even the custom fits aren't cutting it anymore, it feels and looks so baggy compared to Rugby.
With BL, well, it's a whole new story. It is on BoO level, might even be worst.
laugh.gif

There's a different fit in term of America brands to Europe/Asia brands. Americans are just bigger as a whole.

Ralph Lauren Polo polo's, for example, fit big as hell.

Originally Posted by wj4

There's a different fit in term of America brands to Europe/Asia brands. Americans are just bigger as a whole.

I mean are cats buying their correct size or trying them on? An XL in one brand doesnt equal an XL in another. And you can't compare RL toEuro brands or what ever because they arent going for the same look so you cant expect them to fit the same.

I always try clothes on first and once I am familiar with the sizing, then I freely order them online.

As for fit, this is what I wear when it comes to sport shirts:

Hugo Boss Slim Fit = S
Ben Sherman Soho Fit = M
Ben Sherman Mod Fit = S (still not as slim as a M in soho fit)
Rugby = S (not very consistent though, some small are slimmer than others)
Band of Outsiders = M
DKNY Slim Fit = S

Those, for the most part, fit pretty similar to each other.

Also, like I've stated before in this thread, the regular RL POLO sport shirts in S fits big and baggy.
I'll do comparison pics when I get home as I promised to do it a few months ago.
laugh.gif

Banana Republics and GAP's fitted and slim fit shirts in XS is also huge on me, similar (or might actually be bigger) than a RL POLO small.
I honestly don't know why.

laugh.gif
maybe if he try different brands of clothing beside polo he shouldknow ...anyway european sizing fit me well ...asian sizing fit smaller then european sizing to me.

Wow...my dude Wiz schooling folks
laugh.gif

You're right though man...I've been looking through this thread and I for sure wouldn't recognize you if I saw you in the street.

Originally Posted by wj4

Ralph Lauren / Polo Classic fits are the way they are because they remain true to the "heritage" fits that made them popular to beginwith. Ralph Lauren's design philosophy has always taken inspiration from utilitarian, functional looks (albeit from bourgeois activities like hunting,sailing, and, yes, polo), so the Polo was originally designed to be a tailored look for the active American.

As they moved forward and Polo's look became more established, they moved more towards an "Americana" look, which has generally (andconsistently) appealed to an older crowd. And by older I mean 40 or 50+. So classic Polo fits will always be catered more to them.

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

RFX, nice to see that you read Steel Closet.

I've heard of that blog but I do not really read it.
Just curious but what made you think I read it?
I might add it to my list of daily blog visits though.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

RFX, nice to see that you read Steel Closet.

I've heard of that blog but I do not really read it.
Just curious but what made you think I read it?
I might add it to my list of daily blog visits though.
I saw your PF Flyer shots were taken off Steel Closet...that's why I thought you read it.

Ahhh, I actually got those from Selectism but most of these blogs just grabs pics/stories from one another.
I just checked out the site and it was pretty cool.
It is a pretty random blog of just interesting things, I'll be checking it out more often.
Thanks.

Whats a good blog to peep, that just shows Different clothing/brands/season lines and style tips or what ever and maybe even skin care stuff, but with out allthe "extraness" found in most blogs. I just want information more so then opinion type stuff.

Originally Posted by MHT214

Pimpin'
9cc5f05feb4c6fda45d57f31ad07ef27-getty-87746152jg002_magic_cavs.jpg

I'm really digging the upper half, but the jeans with 'stacks' aren't doing it for me. I know everyone has their own preference,but to me, it looks like you're borrowing someone's pants.

PS I'm surprised his stylist didn't tell him that you're not suppose to button the last button on a vest and blazers.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Pimpin'
9cc5f05feb4c6fda45d57f31ad07ef27-getty-87746152jg002_magic_cavs.jpg

I'm really digging the upper half, but the jeans with 'stacks' aren't doing it for me. I know everyone has their own preference, but to me, it looks like you're borrowing someone's pants.

PS I'm surprised his stylist didn't tell him that you're not suppose to button the last button on a vest and blazers.
laugh.gif
I can rock with the fit, but the shoes and sunglasses are wack

I'm no longer in the loop, but I'm assuming those are his own shoes..so it's self advertisement. If the jeans were about 2-3'' shorter, itwould probably look lot better and be a cleaner fit.

Originally Posted by wj4

Pimpin'

I'm really digging the upper half, but the jeans with 'stacks' aren't doing it for me. I know everyone has their own preference, but to me, it looks like you're borrowing someone's pants.

laugh.gif
I've also never been a fan of mixing brown/tan tones with monochrome black/white.

That's the problem with black/white...one misstep and it ends up looking elementary and tacky. Luckily for 'Bron, his overall build and proportionsdraw the eye away from the imperfections.

Back
Top Bottom