Dressing better

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Would like your opinions. Looking to pickup a blazer that would work with both chinos & jeans (mainly jeans).  Besides these two, I'm also on the hunt for a textured sports coat/blazer.

Looking at these two from Indochino (feel in love with this company, they do not disappoint)  I'm leaning towards the first one
1303766050.346827010.additional.01_large.jpg..large.jpg

1283470970.1467775189.additional.01_large.jpg..large.jpg

More pics here
http://www.indochino.com/collection/Blazers

Correct me if I'm wrong.  But isn't the jacket wrongly sized? The chest bulges (lapels) out a bit, and I was told that was a sign that it's not fitting the person properly. 
you are right...they both fit awful

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by hella handsome

30t6p3b.gif
Foul. *Shakes fist*

They do this on mannequins at the store too.  So blatant, but the don't seem to give a damn.

It's because all they care about is getting you into the store and see the customer traffic go up. So you see the mannquin and notice the clothes fit good. Go inside and check it out and you maybe disappointed seeing the clothes pinned in the back but they got you inside and there is a bigger chance you might buy something now. 

I remember you posted a picture of a j.crew trench coat and in one of the pictures, you can see the clip. I guess they forgot to edit it.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Day at the park. Would newer jeans make this outfit better?
laugh.gif
APC pocket fade
ohwell.gif

2bp6ib.jpg

The hat throws it off to me. Too many solids doesn't look good to me. Low profile sneakers would look good with a casual look. Newer jeans with a tucked shirt with loafers dresses it up.

laugh.gif
APC pocket fade
ohwell.gif

2bp6ib.jpg
This is a great outfit on paper, but I don't think it's executed well. I think that the more "complex" the elements of your outfit are, the more important it is that each element fit well. That is, I think you can get away with wearing t-shirts that are a little big/small much easier than you can get away with wearing blazers/jackets that are ill-fitting. The degree of difficulty is higher, and imperfections are going to hurt the outfit more. Here, I think the blazer is too big and just generally ill-fitting. Maybe it's just the picture, but the sleeves look too short and too baggy, and the shoulders are a bit wide. Aside from that, the collar of the shirt seems to be much too flimsy to stand up under the weight of a blazer. The jeans are the least of the problems here.
Just my 2 cents, in the spirit of the thread. I think with a different shirt and a better fitting blazer that outfit can be great, same hat and jeans. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

laugh.gif
APC pocket fade
ohwell.gif
This is a great outfit on paper, but I don't think it's executed well. I think that the more "complex" the elements of your outfit are, the more important it is that each element fit well. That is, I think you can get away with wearing t-shirts that are a little big/small much easier than you can get away with wearing blazers/jackets that are ill-fitting. The degree of difficulty is higher, and imperfections are going to hurt the outfit more. Here, I think the blazer is too big and just generally ill-fitting. Maybe it's just the picture, but the sleeves look too short and too baggy, and the shoulders are a bit wide. Aside from that, the collar of the shirt seems to be much too flimsy to stand up under the weight of a blazer. The jeans are the least of the problems here.
Just my 2 cents, in the spirit of the thread. I think with a different shirt and a better fitting blazer that outfit can be great, same hat and jeans. 
Thanks a lot for the pointers. Always nice to learn. My outfit actually originally consisted with just the shirt. I threw the jacket on because it got windy throughout the day, the photo is actually from walking back from the car. The shirt is more of a casual shirt, being that it has chest pockets and rolled up sleeve holders. As for the jacket itself, the sleeves do look short, but could be because there's no inner cuff from the shirt. But I will admit it is slightly large, not as much as it looks in the picture, but still, and that's why I keep it in the car.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Brown shoes with Grey suits?? 
nerd.gif

Most people would say stick with black.

I'd also rock lighter browns, just for the pop.
I thought that'd be the case too and a woman I work with is swearing by Black telling me shed make fun of me if I wore brown shoes with my grey suit.
laugh.gif

But I'm seeing a lot of stuff online with the grey/brown combo...
BrownShoes_Header.jpg

I’m just going to come out and say it: you should own a gray suit. I will even go as far as if you’re only going to own one suit, it should be gray.

Especially if you’re a guy who is lucky enough to have multiple suits, then you should definitely have a gray suit.

A gray suit is your most versatile suit in your dress clothes armory.  There are no occasions I can think of where it would be inappropriate for a normal guy to wear a gray suit instead of say, a black suit, except a funeral.  Job interviews, weddings, client meetings, fancy dates, if you don’t have to wear a tuxedo, then you’ll be set with a gray suit.
[h3]But why a gray suit? What makes it so much better?[/h3]

A black suit is the equivalent to the blue dress shirt, it’s the first dress shirt every 17 year old kid gets.  The reason they get a blue dress shirt first is because it’s good of course, it looks good on everyone and it’s not plain like a white dress shirt can be. That’s the same reason many guys start out with the black suit. It looks good on everyone.

It’s safe. It’s modest. You can’t go wrong with a black suit. And that’s true!

But is that what you want out of your personal style? To wear something that every guy wears because it’s safe?

This isn’t to suggest a gray suit is flashy by any means, it’s arguably just as conservative — BUT — every guy you know isn’t wearing one already. If you’re reading Primer, that means you are the fringe of our age group. You’re a smart guy who cares about becoming the best you can in all aspects of life. You care about self-improvement, getting fit and staying in shape, maintaining a long-term relationship, spending money wisely while not missing out, excelling in your passions, and moving up in your career. Think about five normal guys that are in your life right now. If you can say the same thing about all five, that’s incredible.

It’s tough to say but most guys our age just don’t put the same thought into some parts of life as you and I. I’m not suggesting they’re any less of a man or anything like that. We just think more forwardly than most.

Imagine going to a wedding.You’re standing around the bar at the reception with a few of your old friends. What are they wearing?

Black suit, black suit, charcoal suit, black suit, navy pinstripe if you’re lucky. But you, my good man, you stand out in your gray suit. Not in a flashy way. In a “wow, he looks good

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

laugh.gif
APC pocket fade
ohwell.gif

2bp6ib.jpg

You Jet Li's son? lol 
Philip- Where'd you buy that jacket?

Stole the words out of my mouth!Btw I loooove the contrast of brown and grey, did it for my wedding and have done it when I've dressed up, I found a pic in my flickr o something I put together a while back, I should have worn a different color socks...lol
4841729150_17395db7c4_b.jpg

I might have an extra 30% off coupon I get with my catalogs, only online purchases though....I'll let ya know and then I'll gibe it to one of ya...

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Honestly...honestly how many of you have actually had a tailored suit? I'm not talking just taking the pants in, I'm talking full on, go pick your fabric, get your measurements and wait that 3-6months for a tailored suit. and if you did, do you have any pics of you wearing it? want to see how well they come out before I drop the 3000 for a nice suit.

I believe niidawg said he is moving towards more bespoke suits. Check out his posts and blog.

Speaking of which, did niidawg get fed up and leave this thread?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom