Dressing better

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

in terms of popularity in the fashion world. most iconic fashion staples had pervious uses. desert boots = british army. denim = workwear. however, they became streetwear in regards to regulr folk wearing them outside of their original functrion, e.g. on the streets

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

DBs have always been streetwear... 
Wait, how are you defining "streetwear"?  Desert boots have been around for decades.

Streetwear is simply casual wear, jeans/chinos, tee/button up, sneakers/boots/derbys, etc...
Streetwear isn't really whatever hypebeast fad is going on at the time. 

To me, as long as it isn't a suit, business or formal, it is basically streetwear.

There are grey areas there but for the most part that is how I view it.

Clarks DBs have always been worn with jeans or chinos and a simple tee or button up.
Okay, just checking because the term streetwear by NT definition (and possibly most younger people) typically falls into what's viewed as more "urban" or even "hypebeast", skate, sneakers, "Jordan heads" etc.

That being said, I think that whoever mentioned Desert Boots as becoming streetwear is talking about is as I just defined it, which definitely seems like a transition for an otherwise simple, classic shoe.

I've had middle-aged people recognize mine as shoes that they wore back in the 70s, those elephant print looking things are an abomination and ruin such an otherwise versatile shoe, IMO.

True but maybe it is time people change that misconception?
Some NTers need to really branch out a bit and expand.
I think generaiya meant "when classics becomes hypebeast"?

I mean if Clarks DBs aren't streewear, what is it?
It's not business, it's not formal, definitely not goth-ninja.
I guess you can say it is somewhat workwear but workwear falls under streetwear category too.
Plus if you are working outdoors or construction, DBs are probably going to be your last choice anyways.
laugh.gif

Generaiya did not intend to start a "streetwear" vs :hypebeast" debate. But yes, technically RFX is correct.

Generaiya is also pretty sure most people on NT understood what Generaiya meant when he said "streetwear". Not that serious.

No chucks, how about some black derbys? With some nice button-up? It's presentation, unless it is in HS for some history project, I wouldn't recommend wearing sneakers.

I dont want to over do it since most were in jeans but what can you recommend? trying to ball on a budget lol

Tested out the ToJ, not sure why I am standing that way. Collar still needs to be fixed/broken in. I think it needs dark denim instead of khaki jeans.

xWlvB.jpg
Generaiya thinks your TOJ is fantastic
pimp.gif
and the collar will need some time to broken in.

Generaiya doesn't think the outfit as is, would look better with denim. The khakis look great, but perhaps boots in a darker shade of brown and a leather belt would bring the outfit up a notch

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

No chucks, how about some black derbys? With some nice button-up? It's presentation, unless it is in HS for some history project, I wouldn't recommend wearing sneakers.

I dont want to over do it since most were in jeans but what can you recommend? trying to ball on a budget lol

Some bucks or derby are fine and a good casual alternative to chucks. Something like this would look great with grey pants.
_6306622.jpg

That oen should be pretty versatile, can be worn with jeans or khaki as well.

Originally Posted by generaiya

Tested out the ToJ, not sure why I am standing that way. Collar still needs to be fixed/broken in. I think it needs dark denim instead of khaki jeans.

Generaiya thinks your TOJ is fantastic
pimp.gif
and the collar will need some time to broken in.

Generaiya doesn't think the outfit as is, would look better with denim. The khakis look great, but perhaps boots in a darker shade of brown and a leather belt would bring the outfit up a notch
I actually am wearing brown belt in that fit. 

It's far from the end all but just google streetwear. Maybe what it is considered in a fashion designer world is not the common or current definition?

I agree NTers need to expand and though I don't check any type of WDYWT post, it at least seems as if that is happening more now. You even see those LRG, etc type companies coming out with less obnoxious graphic print, more cardigans, slimmer clothes, etc...correct? With those elephant prints desert boots in particular, it seems as if Clarks has gone the route of some of those other companies rather than, as I said, keep a simple shoe design. Maybe it will work for them, I just think that print is horrendous and not something I'd identify with as a shoe I've worn for years.

Personally, I've never been into the NT prevalent style but I take someone saying streetwear on here in context as it would differ from styleforum or any of those other sites.

Originally Posted by HHHornet15

Originally Posted by tobiastorgenson

HHHornet15, I like the look of your penny loafers you were wearing in one of your older posts. I have been on the lookout for some. What brand are those?
Thanks. They are Bass Weejuns Logan in Burgundy. You can find a pair here, https://bassshoes.harborghb.com/bass-weejuns-mens, but I got mine for cheap from a thrift store. They're pretty comfortable.

Wow. Thanks man. I would not have guessed bass. Just because when you look at penny loafers, they are on the lower end of the price scale and in that pic they look like they would be Gucci or something cause with the fit, they look like they are from a Gq shoot. No rideThanks for the info

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

picked these up. would these go with jeans as well as khakis??

20a9oxz.jpg
I'm not really sure what wouldn't go with khakis and jeans. Maybe black leather, but then again black leather doesn't look good with jeans or khakis IMO.
I think almost any shoe can be worn with khakis as well as it could be worn with jeans, 

^ haha good point. Speaking of jeans...I just got some Joes Jeans....know anything about them? first time trying them on....was it a good pick up?

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

^ haha good point. Speaking of jeans...I just got some Joes Jeans....know anything about them? first time trying them on....was it a good pick up?

roll.gif

About the 3rd time you've asked this about these Joes Jeans...If you like the way they fit on you and are comfortable, who cares what anyone else thinks?

Joes Jeans are decent but they have moved away from being predominantly jean maker. They are on the same ranks as 7FAM and True Religion in quality, they are just not as gaudy style-wise.

TheRealMcCoy12:

I have those same shoes, they're pretty versatile. I've been wearing them with everything, jeans, black and khaki chinos. Also super comfy, as RFX has pointed out before. Great pickup.

ya man they are super comfortable....im gonna rock em with the jeans for the first time, see how they look....till now its just been like khaki, and navy blue chinos.

I know I come and go often and havent been on in soem months now, but damn look at this lil kid's gear!...i'm slightly jealous
Kofi+Siriboe+Screening+Lionsgate+Films+Tyler+N3kc7Soh-wjl.jpg

laugh.gif
:lol:...uh, no pedo. chill

This leather jacket is smooth too...I'd probably need an Youth 8xl:
Kwesi+Boakye+Sarah+Wetherbee+40+Premiere+2010+JCowLCZX0nyl.jpg

The color. the zip, the epaulets even...I'd love that leather jkt in an adult L!!! >
embarassed.gif

or THIS black leather jkt...(far right):
Kofi+Siriboe+Premiere+20th+Century+Fox+Gulliver+G3yj6izCI3jl.jpg

what do you call it? maybe "military style leather jkt"? (because of the chest pockets) Thats the style I'd like to buy most, if not the one above. If anyone's seen one anywhere....for less than $400 (haha less than $200 even). I'm listening(reading)

Back
Top Bottom