Dressing better

Originally Posted by Kramer

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

Can I get some ideas for prom please? 
nerd.gif

Cosign. I really don't want to rent a tux
The thing about prom is that it is suppose to be formal. I think you should embrace the tuxedo but ensure that it is a classic look and you tie your own bow-tie. If you choose to do otherwise I think a dark navy, well fitting suit would look great.

http://www.gq.com/style/s...hicago-slideshow#slide=5

Originally Posted by dream5hift

Oh ya I forgot to check the night temperature. Sucks that it's still cold at night. I have black dress shoes that I wore once last month to vegas. Thinking about sneakers or something not dress shoes, but no idea what would pass to get in the club.

I was just out in Las Vegas this weekend.  I played the safe route and wore dress shoes to clubs.  Although, I hit up XS and saw dudes that got in with low profile casual sneakers (mainly all black).

And as far as the night weather - you won't feel it unless you're just out on the street on the strip and sober.  If you're clubbing/bar hopping and buzzed the 55-60 degree weather is perfect.  So a jacket may be too much.

Originally Posted by generaiya

Originally Posted by jamminbyalias

Anyone know where I can buy some slim/skinny cargo pants for under $100?
Generaiya knows that Uniqlo has been pushing their cargo pants hard this season. They may even be on sale.
I can't even imagine what skinny cargo pants would look like.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Generaiya knows that Uniqlo has been pushing their cargo pants hard this season. They may even be on sale.

Swizz-Beatz-and-Alicia-Keys-Miami-Heat-Vs-New-York-Knicks.jpg

1564340401_1_1_3.jpg

^ I tried on this blazer earlier at Zara, but had some weird fitment issues. I'm in between a 38R and 40R. I tried the 38 on, too small. The 40 fit nice, but when I buttoned up the blazer, the chest area with the lapels was pushing/folding out forwards (thought maybe the 40 was just small as well, but same problem with the 42). I just wanted to see if anyone in here knows what's up with that (and if I can get it fixed by a tailor). I didn't buy the blazer + pants, but considered it. (I'm 6'2" and 165lbs).

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions

Is there such a thing of a fitted tux? Every where I go there always loose not slim fitted. Anyone have any ideas?

a.p.c. x vans now on the apc site. i copped the beige authentics. yes overpriced for vans. but i had to pull the trigger.

cop cop cop

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

They actually have a page of a recommended brands of cargo pants (all slim) on the latest issue of GQ. One of them recommended some black camo made by Rogue, by the pic and fit, I immediately searched online and bought a pair.
laugh.gif
I guess their spread does work as great advertisement, I just hope it fits well.

Originally Posted by PiNoyBOy

Is there such a thing of a fitted tux? Every where I go there always loose not slim fitted. Anyone have any ideas?
if you're getting a rental, then dont count on it
they want them to be able to fit as many body shapes as possible, not look GQ-fresh on one kid

Wore this to a class presentation earlier today. It was pretty informal and it also hit around 85 degrees outside, hence the short sleeves. Ended up going with the white chucks over the blue jp boat shoes.

Originally Posted by HHHornet15

Wore this to a class presentation earlier today. It was pretty informal and it also hit around 85 degrees outside, hence the short sleeves. Ended up going with the white chucks over the blue jp boat shoes.

Nice, but I think that color of pants throws off the fit slightly.

Originally Posted by tony23retro

Originally Posted by HHHornet15

Nice, but I think that color of pants throws off the fit slightly.
Something about the fit of those pants are throwing me off especially in the hip leading into the knee. HHHornet are you sagging or do you naturally have a long torso?

Back
Top Bottom