Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Keep hearing this Thursday boot company name brought up. Just curious to hear and see.

I've been looking for my first pair of boots for the last few months.

The brand as a whole is ... ok I guess. There are definitely better bootmakers that come kinda close to their pricing if you can get them on sale (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc ...)

The thing is none of them make a slim silhouette like Vibergs or Trumans.

I think one of the things that people really don't like about them is how they advertise that they sell boots with quality standards of much more expensive boots which isn't necessarily the case.

The main reason I want to try their boots is the silhouette and them having rubber soles is a plus. I have rw beckmans and the quality is great but the toe area is huge. Ideally I'd just find leather wolverine 1000 miles on sale and get rubber soles put on them. I have a couple suede pairs and they're great.

The main reason I want to try their boots is the silhouette and them having rubber soles is a plus. I have rw beckmans and the quality is great but the toe area is huge. Ideally I'd just find leather wolverine 1000 miles on sale and get rubber soles put on them. I have a couple suede pairs and they're great.

I've mentioned them before, but the Allen Edmonds Higgins Mills are dope. Awesome cxl leather, comfy out the box, slim toe profile

I had Beckmans as well, and sold them on Grailed. Too chunky for business casual wear

A little OOTD pic....loving these Sesames man

18248BD4-4AB4-461E-B2E8-C2258F908744.jpeg

Thursday Boots are my rainy day/travel beaters. They're not bad overall, but what annoys me the most (and what makes them my beaters) is how scuffed up the sides of the heels get just from casual walking. I'm not sure if that's intentional so that the boots have a "vintage" look, but I despise having a vintage look on anything I wear.

It's still better than Wolverine 1000 miles though; I gave those away cause the uppers would get scratched up if you even breathed on them.

Been evolving my "japanese workwear" looks. A lot of Iron heart, flathead and stevenson in my closet now. Any sales on red wings coming up, looking for a black moc toe.

All my leather boots, alden/rw get scuffs on the heels. It just happens.

It does, but it's a lot worse on Thursday Boots. I think it's because they used some cheap paint to give it the stacked leather look. Once I visit my parents' home this weekend, I'll try to take some pics to show what I mean.

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.42.17 PM.png

See the brown part of the heel? That's just a thin layer of paint that scratches/peels off easily.

Other than that, I have no complaints for the price. The boots have a casual look to them that doesn't end up looking like those clown shoes most casual bootmakers end up selling

Last edited:
It does, but it's a lot worse on Thursday Boots. I think it's because they used some cheap paint to give it the stacked leather look. I'll try to take some pics to show what I mean.

They scratch on the sole?

Or the upper? Scratches and nicks in the upper don't mean poor quality. If the 1000 miles were Chromexcel leather, it is a pull-up leather that is easily scratchable and soft. The leather is packed with oils that help the "pull up" effect

They scratch on the sole?

Or the upper? Scratches and nicks in the upper don't mean poor quality. If the 1000 miles were Chromexcel leather, it is a pull-up leather that is easily scratchable and soft. The leather is packed with oils that help the "pull up" effect

Right, I agree. It's hard to explain without showing pics of my actual pair. I edited my last post to show which part I'm talking about.

It's a fake stacked leather paint job that scratches off easily and leaves the boots looking kind of worn out. I know a lot of people don't care about that, but I'm not into the "rugged/workwear look" at all, and I like all my shoes/boots to look perfect

I've mentioned them before, but the Allen Edmonds Higgins Mills are dope. Awesome cxl leather, comfy out the box, slim toe profile

I had Beckmans as well, and sold them on Grailed. Too chunky for business casual wear
i've been considering selling my beckman for this reason as well. they're well built, but i need to start looking for sleeker boots that won't break the bank.

EDIT:
my humble set of footwear to dress better aka not sneakers. i work in a formal office so dress shoes have been my primary focus. looking to add a pair or two of boots that still allow me to dress up a bit.
wom.jpg
fcvx.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, I've tried Red Wings offerings and they look like clown shoes on me.

I normally get the slim or slim straight jeans from AE. Sometimes I just cop whatever looser fit and tailor them myself. However, I tried the original taper and it’s fire. I definitely recommend for the bigger guys or big leg guys (PAUSE). Copped the black wash pair and I’m gonna dye them solid black.

Back
Top Bottom