Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I wouldn't. Random but if you live in the NY area, I have no problem meeting up and have you try on my pair of 10UK.

Haha thanks for the offer man. I'll get back to you if I'm ever in the area. Would love to see some pics if you have them on your phone or something. Thank you

Sizing on Clark's DB? I wear 11 in most AEs and sneakers should I go TTS with an 11? Reps will be had

interesting that you wear the same size in AE as sneakers, but based off of that I would say get the same size in the clarks.

i'm a 10.5 in shoes (ae, cole haan, clarks etc) and an 11 in sneakers (nike flyknits, adidas ultra boost) for example.

interesting that you wear the same size in AE as sneakers, but based off of that I would say get the same size in the clarks.

i'm a 10.5 in shoes (ae, cole haan, clarks etc) and an 11 in sneakers (nike flyknits, adidas ultra boost) for example.

Runners I usually go a half size up as well but Jordan's and other non running sneakers I wear the same size

Hey DB bros, does anyone have any idea where I can get some monk straps that look like these Dior Homme's that released a few seasons ago?

I'd definitely go with a jacket...Also probably a tie but I'm not too sure what the PR culture is like.

Anyone know what the best way to clean suede shoes is? Got some navy loafers that have a water stain and are covered in pollen.
Suede eraser and suede brush.

Last edited:
What's the dress code for an outdoor wedding?

I'm wondering if a dress shirt, tie & slacks will be considered overdressed. That's what I had in mind.

You won't be overdressed, but if no dress code has been given, implicitly or explicitly, then there is no dress code.

Edit: if I wasn't wearing a jacket I'd ditch the tie.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the best route to go when purchasing a suit?

I am looking for a suit solely for interviews/business and possibly a second for outings and special occasions. I have been wearing the h&m "one size fits all" joint for the longest.

I've asked friends and family. The concensus has been to shop thrifty, suit outlets and department stores. I have tried all three options and haven't found anything truly appealing.

I am looking to spend $300-$500 on a full suit excluding tailoring but I am open to a higher price range if need be.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know the best route to go when purchasing a suit?

I am looking for a suit solely for interviews/business and possibly a second for outings and special occasions. I have been wearing the h&m "one size fits all" joint for the longest.

I've asked friends and family. The concensus has been to shop thrifty, suit outlets and department stores. I have tried all three options and haven't found anything truly appealing.

I am looking to spend $300-$500 on a full suit excluding tailoring but I am open to a higher price range if need be.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Assuming you're a skinny to a lean guy and not heavy/super muscular, hit up Jason at Thick as Thieves. He's in the 626, you can meet him and have him measured you. That's what I did.

You can also go OTR if you know what you're doing. This has been covered numerous times in the course of the years the thread has been ongoing for. You may want to look back some if you want to go this route.

^ would probably go with SuitSupply in the $400-$600 range. Can definitely get a Napoli for $399 or if you want a slightly slimmer and slightly more modern fit, go for that lazio which like Napoli, has plenty of charcoals and navy's in the high $400-$600 range. I was just in SS and was really impressed with the napoli and laizo lines, especially at their price. The J Crew worsted wool in the charcoal is also really nice, but it's pretty overpriced at $650.

Anyone have any experience with the black tux (THE BLK TUX)?  I'm in my homie's wedding this weekend and my tux just came in yesterday.  I'm not upset with the majority of the fit, but they did "recommend" and send a different size jacket than what I placed for my order.  They guarantee free shipping and the perfect fit but I almost don't want to risk it now since the wedding is this upcoming Saturday and they have no brick & mortar to go to.  Seems overpriced for what you get...

They also did that to me, but called them a day after I got the suit with new size I wanted and they sent it on time. They seems reasonable when I called and sent multiple sizes for items I wasn't sure about.

And when I found out how much my friend paid for it, I was smh. Definitely overpriced.

Last edited:
They also did that to me, but called them a day after I got the suit with new size I wanted and they sent it on time. They seems reasonable when I called and sent multiple sizes for items I wasn't sure about.

And when I found out how much my friend paid for it, I was smh. Definitely overpriced.
Oh ok, so they will send multiple sizes?  At least your friend paid for it 
laugh.gif

The initial package is only one size, when you call for new sizes let them know you're not sure which would be best and if they can send you whichever sizes you want.

Thanks wj4 wj4 & elzarka9 elzarka9 !

I'll be booking an appointment with thick as thieves soon. http://www.thickasthievesla.com/ I really like what I see via their "two button" gallery.

And according to http://us.suitsupply.com, suit supply will be opening a physical location in LA this summer.

In regards to additional information in this thread. Are there any keywords I should search?

Thanks again.

TBH bro this thread is a shadow of what it use be about 2 years ago.

There were some really impressive fits and helpful NTers back then.

Now I pop in every now and then but it just isn't the same.

Somewhere a long the lines it became less about actual style and taste and more about who spent the most money. :smh:

yeah sorry fellas, def wouldve shared the deal if there was one. i visited my buddy at the gilt warehouse and by some divine miracle there were very few pairs of these gems left.  guess they had these on the site for the $98 price.

think it was the sneaker gods way of saying i wont prosper from any big nike/jordan releases since i missed out on frags and chicagos 
laugh.gif

maybe worth a shot to price match though

http://www.gilt.com/brand/common-pr...n-projects-original-achilles-low-top-sneakers

Back
Top Bottom