Dressing Better Vol 2.0

F/W > S/S
#comeatmebros
*waits for Wis to say the opposite due to paper thin skin* :nerd:

In every aspect of life, even outside of fashion. Spring and summer time is just boring to me. The best brews, foods, and clothing are all available in the fall. Plus the weather in the fall and winter down here >>>>. Too hot and humid during other seasons

F/W > S/S
#comeatmebros

In terms of business, shopping, etc, agreed 100%. That said, where I'm at you absolutely CANNOT beat the summer. But I do feel that summer is just a major waste of time, given that most people are on vacation and doing business is damn near impossible.

FW is going to be an expensive one, given that I need to buy a new peacoat, trench, car coat, boots, and maybe a leather.

On a side note: Maybe some of you guys can help me on this issue that I've been having.

I love the Summer season because of the great weather and the women showing off their assets, but one thing I cannot stand about the Summer time is how much I sweat when I have on my suit. I'm almost forced to always wear shirt dress shirts to work, just so the sweat stains I have through the day aren't visible.

I decided to wear a light blue shirt this morning with a great subtle herringbone pattern, and alas, I was sweating on my walk to work! Now, It's almost a quarter past 11 and the sweat stains started to reappear. What's worse is that the stains are VERY visible up close and I have a meeting with some important people today and I have to look my best (I wore my bespoke suit, Rotonde de Cartier watch, Farragamo shoes, Turnbull & Asser bespoke shirt and YSL tie).

I went to the bathroom and dabbed some water on the stains hoping it'll go away. You guys have any tips that I can use to make the stains go away and maybe tips to stop the stains from appearing in the first place?
I asked this same question a few months back. The only thing I found was jcrew sells a bar soap specifically for collars. I've never tried it. Was hoping there was some spray that would make collar sweat proof in a way that it doesn't absorb moisture. But couldn't find any.

I don't sweat so much in the armpit area. Most of the sweat stains are happening on my chest area. I'm thinking about just taking my jacket off when I walk to work, but what's the point of that?

I see no problem of walking to work holding your jacket if you are going to sweat and have a big meeting later on. What I would suggest is having a fresh white dress shirt at work at all times so if you sweat too much, you can switch it up. I actually suggest this to everyone, keep a spare white dress shirt at work or in your car if possible.

F/W > S/S
#comeatmebros

X10000000000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer is boring, nothing but tee and shorts/jeans and even if I rock nothing but tank and boxer, I'm still sweating my a** off.

Layering is where it's at.

On the bright side, you save a lot of money in the summer since you're not shopping as much. I basically live in $15 H&M sweat shorts and $5 H&M tank tops. Cheap, easy. Sneakers aside, I might have bought 1 thing in the past 2 months (Zanerobe pants).

OH. This has been killing me for awhile but keep forgetting to post. My Cole Haan loafers will not stop squeaking when I walk. What can I do to help stop this?!

F/W > S/S
#comeatmebros

In every aspect of life, even outside of fashion. Spring and summer time is just boring to me. The best brews, foods, and clothing are all available in the fall. Plus the weather in the fall and winter down here >>>>. Too hot and humid during other seasons

In terms of business, shopping, etc, agreed 100%. That said, where I'm at you absolutely CANNOT beat the summer. But I do feel that summer is just a major waste of time, given that most people are on vacation and doing business is damn near impossible.

FW is going to be an expensive one, given that I need to buy a new peacoat, trench, car coat, boots, and maybe a leather.

X10000000000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summer is boring, nothing but tee and shorts/jeans and even if I rock nothing but tank and boxer, I'm still sweating my a** off.

Layering is where it's at.

Co-sign with all of this

The only thing Summer is good for are the women :lol:

Seeing women in those maxi dresses :evil:

I saw this one chick on the train with this black maxi dress and I was so compelled to just go up to her and have a conversation. I go up to her and she turns out to be this really nice chick. Just moved to NY a few years ago and works in fashion. A few weeks later, we smashed in my apartment.

Granted, I'm 90% sure me wearing a suit helped during the initial conversation :lol:

Last edited:
Nudie Jeans at Gilt btw, well supposed to be Nudie Jean but when I click on the link it's just a bunch of different brands of jeans. Some are still good price if it's your size though.

Last edited:
F/W is appreciated in SoCal because I basically need to wear a jacket/sweater.

I also find myself more productive in colder weather, so that's infinitely more appreciated than what I can wear :lol:

You have to show security your ID or do you just swipe to get in through the elevators?

All the places I've worked--I had to just swipe my ID to get into the elevators. I just keep the ID in my wallet, so when I get to work--I just take my wallet out and tap the sensor till the turnstile opens up for me. It's pretty simple.

I used to carry my ID around all the time in the retractable ID holder, but then I got tired of people looking at my ID to see where I work. Plus, It looked horrible with my outfits for work :lol:

Badge scans at main entrance and elevator, need to display at all times for security purposes (I take it off once I leave the building), it would be great if there was a more quality option for the badge holders, my research didn turn up anything

Badge scans at main entrance and elevator, need to display at all times for security purposes (I take it off once I leave the building), it would be great if there was a more quality option for the badge holders, my research didn turn up anything

You're in for a search Bruh. I gave up after a lost my Smart Trip Card (DC Metro) and Govenment PIV card using one of those things. I tried to find a fashionable one and the only place that I found something of use was the badge holders that go around your neck from Coach. They're always on sale at the outlet. I decided to go the unique route and buy an assortment of lanyards from Spencers and Hot Topic to match whatever color is in my tie for the day. So today for instance I have on a blend of blue plaid patterns in my tie; I threw on my Sonic the Hedgehog lanyard because he's blue LOL. You'd be surprised at the number of people that ask you where you got your lanyards from. I know it sounds immature to wear but I like to mix things up and show my lighter side in the office place :smile:

Club Monaco is looking impressive this fall. I've seen a few previews of their stuff and so far I really like what I've seen

F/W > S/S
#comeatmebros

I agree wholeheartedly bro...I'm always arguing with my friends about this....give me 50deg and a breeze and I can wear a light coat vs 100 with high humidity and I look like a just came from a sauna as soon as I step outside smh

F/W > S/S
#comeatmebros

QFT Fall weather is where it's at..Been in the 70's in the day and low/mid 50's here at night for the past two weeks...Rocking a sweater out to the bar tonight....

The helllll ya talkin bout!?...I wouldn't give up our short lived 3 months of summer in NYC for a chance to be able to layer more clothes...there is more to life than just "dressing better" bruhs!

Does any one have any opinions on suits by Tommy Hilfiger i'm thinking about picking up a grey shark skin while they are on sale this week

Tried on a few Tommy suits at Macy's today, they have them for $220 plus 25% off for their private sale...and the shoulders are just too big, even at the price it was an easy pass.

The helllll ya talkin bout!?...I wouldn't give up our short lived 3 months of summer in NYC for a chance to be able to layer more clothes...there is more to life than just "dressing better" bruhs!

Northeast winters are brutal. One thing I love about the south, our winters are usually pretty tame and fall weather is gorgeous

Northeast winters are brutal. One thing I love about the south, our winters are usually pretty tame and fall weather is gorgeous

I'm not saying I'd take winters up here when it's a foot of snow but I like actually having different seasons personally. I'm weird though I don't mind cold too much so long as its clear out or light snow occasionally and not below 20 :lol:

I couldn't live in Dallas or Houston, or Arizona having 105 degree days constantly....I'd take 30 degrees over 105+ any day...you can keep warm; can't get cool outside when it's that hot, at least I can't ill be sweating and not wanna go anywhere

Fall is definitely the best for wearing your whole wardrobe though...I agree for sure about women in summer though the sun dresses, bikinis etc :smokin :lol:

Last edited:
Got a remote for my camera today and messed around with it once I got home. I keep going back and forth on getting these pants tappered or not. When I wear them they look fine, but in pics they look like they could use one.

Back
Top Bottom