Dressing Better Vol 2.0

This has probably been asked before but what is the difference between trousers and chinos? Taper? Epaulet has both and not sure which to buy
Dress trousers have a higher rise for a more elegance look. Chinos are cut similar to jeans with a lower rise. They are all of different patterns.

With Epaulet...the Rivet Chinos are the most slim, follow by Walt, then Rudy. With Chinos, they usually come in cotton, where as dress trousers can be wool, cashmere, tweed, silk, and blends.

I will however be copping these
air-jordan-1-retro-blk-blue.jpg

random question:

on puffer vests, how can you get the down material to move in the vest if it gets bunched up in a particular area of the vest?

What kind of shoe polish do you guys use on light-medium brown shoes? Do you just try and find a brown shade or just go with neutral polish to avoid darkening the color?

random question:

on puffer vests, how can you get the down material to move in the vest if it gets bunched up in a particular area of the vest?
Just shake it and the feathers will puff out. I need to get a new down vest but haven't found one I totally liked yet.

What kind of shoe polish do you guys use on light-medium brown shoes? Do you just try and find a brown shade or just go with neutral polish to avoid darkening the color?
Allen Edmonds and other brands I am sure have polishes in all sorts of shades, you could prob find one to match.  Otherwise, I would use nuetral

Apparently Walmart is selling Harris Tweed jackets.
Took this from Put this on.

$75 Harris Tweed jackets at Walmart

This has to be one of the most curious deals I’ve read about in a while. According to forums Ask Andy About Clothes and X Marks the Scot, Walmart is selling Harris Tweed jackets for $75.

According to the forums, they’re manufactured in Bangladesh and come sized by chest size, even in “long” sizing. They’re not at every Walmart store, just some select areas. And there’s a selection of six different fabrics.

This might be a decent pickup for those of you looking for such a jacket, as I highly doubt you’ll find a Harris Tweed blazer for this price at retail. Even with alterations, you’re easily looking at probably no more than $150 total.

Still, there’s plenty of reason to be skeptical, especially at such a low price. I’ll admit to even having the thought, “If it’s too good to be true, then it probably is” cross my mind. And it’s worth noting that you can often find plenty Harris Tweed jackets on both eBay and in thrift shops at a lower price, too.

If anyone comes across these — or buys one — please get in touch. I’d love to do a follow up. (I’d check this out for myself, but Walmart is a rare species in the Windy City.)

-Kiyoshi

Last edited:
i'm actually tempted to check to see if my local walmart has any of those blazers. but i'm terrified every time i go near a walmart

Walmart is always a fun experience :lol:
I was just there, sucks I didn't see this until I got home.

Last edited:
Since we were talking about shoes or more specifically sneakers and to be even more specific, Nikes (which have been pretty big in the fashion world this year), here's some fit pics of Nikes via GQ/Tommy Ton:

Ad some Vans & NB & Chucks too:

Last edited:

I would go with neutral myself, made that mistake once polishing with a brown polish that was darker and well the result wasn't pretty.

Lovin those look's up there ^

Been wearing my free runs 3's when "dressing better" for lack of better term, and think its a great look with fitted trousers

Back
Top Bottom