Dressing Better Vol 2.0

thinking about copping these boots. i can spend up to 100 but these caught my eye and their only 45, would it be a bad buy?

heres the link
http://www.target.com/p/men-s-merona-everett-boot-brown/-/A-14120265

Color may not have much to do with quality but color selection differs in price. Reading through threads at SF for the past 8 years on people who started and tried to start their own clothing company has taught me that you simply do not get the different cloth and different patterns for the same price, some does cost more than the other. Not all cloths and pattern are created equal.
So that does affect the price of the clothing. A slight change in the percentage of the cotton material can also alter the price, it may only increase is by a few cents per yard or per meter but you buy a big enough bulk and that adds up along with a higher mark-up.
W&B is grotesquely overpriced for what it is.

GAP x GQ is up on the site, but not everything.

INFAMOUS, I'm guessing you work for GAP, tried it on before you put it out?

W&B is grotesquely overpriced for what it is.

The point isn't about it being overpriced, it's practically a given with the name and price tripling, but whether the quality is exactly the same as regular JCrew stuff. From merely experiencing it in store, I think W&B is slightly better, admittedly not worth the price still. Then again I do not even think a regular JCrew shirt is worth it's regular retail price to begin with.

The point isn't about it being overpriced, it's practically a given with the name and price tripling, but whether the quality is exactly the same as regular JCrew stuff. From merely experiencing it in store, I think W&B is slightly better, admittedly not worth the price still. Then again I do not even think a regular JCrew shirt is worth it's regular retail price to begin with.
What is this whole debate about? I was out in the field all day so I missed the excitement.

Of course J. Crew's stuff isn't even worth at retail. Hardly anything is worth retail, my man. They're still enjoying healthy profit margin even after the sales, and student/teacher discounts are applied.

Without going into too much detail to bore everyone else, here's their operation in a nutshell. J. Crew is a large manufacturer. Their target segment is traditional. They rely heavily on automation and low wage labor to keep the cost down and production speed up thus decreasing their cost to produce each piece. With that cost severely reduced, they can employ tactic discounts such as student/teacher/25% off/etc and still enjoy healthy profits.

If there is something J. Crew shines at, it is marketing. I can probably write a report on this so I'll stop now :lol:

I have the W&B camo sweater that was around $130? It feels like a regular cotton sweater. I just bought it because I liked the camo print. Nothing special about the fabric/construction at all.

Last edited:
What is this whole debate about? I was out in the field all day so I missed the excitement.
Of course J. Crew's stuff isn't even worth at retail. Hardly anything is worth retail, my man. They're still enjoying healthy profit margin even after the sales, and student/teacher discounts are applied.
Without going into too much detail to bore everyone else, here's their operation in a nutshell. J. Crew is a large manufacturer. Their target segment is traditional. They rely heavily on automation and low wage labor to keep the cost down and production speed up thus decreasing their cost to produce each piece. With that cost severely reduced, they can employ tactic discounts such as student/teacher/25% off/etc and still enjoy healthy profits.
If there is something J. Crew shines at, it is marketing. I can probably write a report on this so I'll stop now :lol:

I think it started out about people a little unhappy with the price of a leather jacket from the Gq/Gap collection. It then turned into stuff about quality and designers, and somehow Jcrew was brought in etc

I'm just going to order and if I don't like it I'll just return it.... Wonder if they will give me a hustle about returningit to my local store :nerd:

I have the W&B camo sweater that was around $130? It feels like a regular cotton sweater. I just bought it because I liked the camo print. Nothing special about the fabric/construction at all.

It was pretty much on page 107-108. Too long to recap. It's pretty much a discussion on the mark-up and quality of the GAPxGQ pieces in comparison.

DId you get a lot in the shipment, or was it limited quantity?

Full size run of everything, but that's all. Wont be getting replenished.

We didnt get the Ian Velardi peacoat and it was weird that we only got 1 medium and 1 large of the leather jackets. We were expecting 4 :nerd:

I work at the flagship store in Canada (Toronto), so size runs may differ in the States.

I only buy J crew shirts when I have a coupon option and they are on sale or I buy factory items. No way are their basic button downs worth 70 dollars.

meh....not really blown away by that collection, all those button downs look excessively long.

Man I wish I had the money to take advantage of the Allen Edmond sale.
Clothes will always be around, my man. Do not worry one bit.

I'm excited to see the collaboration with Gap because I hope it can trickle a collaboration with the BR line that is severely in need of some refreshing.

Hey_

Id assume the people who are really hyped about the collection could care less about 78 considering most of the stuff is around the high 50's. I wonder if the stuff would be excluded from coupons because I got a 30% off coupon in the mail yesterday

Details?

Is that something that can be printed out?

Julius F. Wrek

Back
Top Bottom