Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Nice
smokin.gif

Went with brighter summer colors today (shirt is purple and blue). Also included a picture of my law school prom from a few months ago; The dinner jacket is shawl-collared. 

Not sure if the first fit pic would constitute "brighter summer colors" but dope fit nonetheless!

Very nice Ears. I think the white jacket would've looked better if it had a black lapel but the shawl collar is killer nonetheless. Great job!

As for the sake of the contest, I just want to express again how much I appreciate the whole DB team and NT in its entirety for coming together to help me out. Fingers crossed!!

Hey_

FedEx just dropped off these Club Monaco Indigo Chinos at the house:

I have to say these are of great value at the current sale price of $79.

I love the button fly and extended tab.

In addition to the details on the product page, the neglect to mention that these chinos EDIT: have "finished seams" and are unwashed.

They have size 33 remaining at the time of this posting on the US site,

and 30 on the Canadian site.

If you're a student,

don't forget you get 20% off at Club Monaco.

Julius F. Wrek

Last edited:
Hey_

In addition to the details on the product page, the neglect to mention that these chinos are selvedge and unwashed.

If you're a student,

Julius F. Wrek

How do they fit? What's the measured waist size vs tagged size? and how wide is the hem on yours?

I agree with Wes but I've seen great cardigan + tie combos look good. Obviously far from blazers and sport coats but for me I think it's that some piece needs to be worn over top of the combination.

A lot of times when people rock a shirt and tie with no jacket it gives off a vibe of trying too hard to dress better without really knowing anything about it. Not to mention most times I have seen it, the pieces are ill fitting and remind me of a cell phone kiosk employee
laugh.gif
Completely disagree, obviously. I think the look is really 90's, yet simple. Way to much going on with things now a days, While I have a few navy blazers that I've worn with that before, I prefer the laid back dressed down, slight worn look. Think people nowadays try to look to pristine, take themselves to serious. If you actually do things all day and have to be out and about, to me, it looks to fake. I can't pose all day, and want everything i wear to be easy fitting and reflect my "didn't throw this one to impress anyone rather fit it while standing out" I accomplished with small yet noticrable personality clues (Royals baby). I take hints from factory workers and everyday employees, keep a tailored, yet comfortable, fit and material that is durable and can stand up to the moving about of the day. Form x actual function, without having to worry about my clothes with every move. Get a dirt stain, wipe it off with a bit of water, keep it moving. I did wish I ironed it a little more, lol that used to be my mothers job. And trust I know the "rules" of fashion, I disagree with them.

Lookin good Ears with both fits :smokin, I agree with Adrian about the black shawl but very clean nonetheless man

Went with brighter summer colors today (shirt is purple and blue). Also included a picture of my law school prom from a few months ago; The dinner jacket is shawl-collared. 

Really good stuff ears. The fit of your jackets in your past few posts has been spot on :pimp: :pimp:

I agree with Wes but I've seen great cardigan + tie combos look good. Obviously far from blazers and sport coats but for me I think it's that some piece needs to be worn over top of the combination.

A lot of times when people rock a shirt and tie with no jacket it gives off a vibe of trying too hard to dress better without really knowing anything about it. Not to mention most times I have seen it, the pieces are ill fitting and remind me of a cell phone kiosk employee :lol:

Completely disagree, obviously. I think the look is really 90's, yet simple. Way to much going on with things now a days, While I have a few navy blazers that I've worn with that before, I prefer the laid back dressed down, slight worn look. Think people nowadays try to look to pristine, take themselves to serious. If you actually do things all day and have to be out and about, to me, it looks to fake. I can't pose all day, and want everything i wear to be easy fitting and reflect my "didn't throw this one to impress anyone rather fit it while standing out" I accomplished with small yet noticrable personality clues (Royals baby). I take hints from factory workers and everyday employees, keep a tailored, yet comfortable, fit and material that is durable and can stand up to the moving about of the day. Form x actual function, without having to worry about my clothes with every move. Get a dirt stain, wipe it off with a bit of water, keep it moving. I did wish I ironed it a little more, lol that used to be my mothers job. And trust I know the "rules" of fashion, I disagree with them.

You gotta know the rules to break 'em, right? We were just offering opinions based on our taste. As long as you feel comfortable in the fit at work, it's appropriate and most importantly, you feel good, go for it :smokin

Hey_

Hey_

In addition to the details on the product page, the neglect to mention that these chinos are selvedge and unwashed.

If you're a student,

Julius F. Wrek

How do they fit? What's the measured waist size vs tagged size? and how wide is the hem on yours?

They're cut in Club Monaco's Davis fit.

Tagged a 34, the waist measures about 17.5.

The hem measures a bit more than 7 inches Edit: Across, that is.

This is my first experience with Club Monaco trousers, and as they are unwashed I assume that they would shrink just a tad.

If anybody else has had experience with the Davis Fit in Club Monaco trousers, please feel free to educate.

Julius F. Wrek

Last edited:
Any good shorts that you guys recommend? Can't find any that I really like, looking for shorts that hit at the knee.

Thanks in advance fellas

I should be heading to Uniqlo on Saturday if anyone wants me to pick up the Bastian x Uniqlo Polos.

Nice casual fit, my dude!

Thanks Ears!

Man the fit of your jackets have been on point! Both looks are GREAT!

Hey_

Hey_

If you're a student,

Julius F. Wrek

They're cut in Club Monaco's Davis fit.

Tagged a 34, the waist measures about 17.5.

The hem measures a bit more than 7 inches.

This is my first experience with Club Monaco trousers, and as they are unwashed I assume that they would shrink just a tad.

If anybody else has had experience with the Davis Fit in Club Monaco trousers, please feel free to educate.

Julius F. Wrek

thanks!

Thanks man; I never would have worn grey pants with a blue blazer without inspiration from your fit pics.
Not sure if the first fit pic would constitute "brighter summer colors" but dope fit nonetheless!
Yeah, purple is on the brightside for me lol
Very nice man, beautiful girl too.
pimp.gif
Thanks, man . . .she says thank you too; makin her blush and S*!*!
Very nice Ears. I think the white jacket would've looked better if it had a black lapel but the shawl collar is killer nonetheless. Great job!

As for the sake of the contest, I just want to express again how much I appreciate the whole DB team and NT in its entirety for coming together to help me out. Fingers crossed!!
Yeah, man, I think it would have looked better with a black collar, but I couldn't fine one anywhere! And congrats on killin' TSB contest. You deserve it hands down, no lie.
Lookin good Ears with both fits
smokin.gif
, I agree with Adrian about the black shawl but very clean nonetheless man
Thanks, man.
Really good stuff ears. The fit of your jackets in your past few posts has been spot on
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You gotta know the rules to break 'em, right? We were just offering opinions based on our taste. As long as you feel comfortable in the fit at work, it's appropriate and most importantly, you feel good, go for it
smokin.gif
Thank you . . .I've been going to this awesome older Korean lady, and she knows her stuff; she doesn't charge a lot either. She's super sweet and has the clothes done in less than a week.
I should be heading to Uniqlo on Saturday if anyone wants me to pick up the Bastian x Uniqlo Polos.
Thanks Ears!
Man the fit of your jackets have been on point! Both looks are GREAT!
Thank you! post some pics of the stuff you get from uniqlo!

Thanks, Grizzly! Appreciate it!

Last edited:
thinking about getting some uniqlo x michael bastian polos

but i might head out to nyc over the weekend... hopefully they have sizes

pinoy732... congrats on being on the tsb list.

ears... nice fits so far. cute girl too

I agree that it fits great, but are the sleeves to short? I'm never sure how long they should go because I always see different lengths

Back
Top Bottom