Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Designer jeans and trousers come in one inseam. They are meant to be hemmed to your preference.

The only pants I have that I don't hem are the J. Crew 484. The others: Epaulet, Gant Rugger, APC, Naked & Famous, Paul Smith, etc. get hemmed jobs.

I never knew this,are they a limit to what would be considered too long to be hemmed? Because a 35' to me is way way too long..

of course not. you could get them hemmed to be shorts if you wanted to. the only thing that may minimally be affected is the leg opening. and we are talking fractions of an inch in difference.

Where can I find a similar or exact shirt as this DB guys? :nerd:

of course not. you could get them hemmed to be shorts if you wanted to. the only thing that may minimally be affected is the leg opening. and we are talking fractions of an inch in difference.
Yep. I get them hemmed to 32" or so. TypeR nailed it. If you even taper it to say 28", the leg opening may increase by .5". If you're really picky, just have the tailor taper it to eliminate that.

I never knew this,are they a limit to what would be considered too long to be hemmed? Because a 35' to me is way way too long..

Where can I find a similar or exact shirt as this DB guys? :nerd:
It's a floral pattern shirt. For higher end...check Etro, Paul Smith, patterns from Liberty of London.

I'm not too familiar with fashion brands but I'm sure Zara, H&M, Uniqlo, etc. will/or already have some.

For those who wants to cop the APC PS:

Here's a helpful chart

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=665

I'm tempted myself, but I need to have self control :lol:

Felt ambitious and copped some white denim. Suggestions for shirts? I've been thinking gingham.

Designer jeans and trousers come in one inseam. They are meant to be hemmed to your preference.

The only pants I have that I don't hem are the J. Crew 484. The others: Epaulet, Gant Rugger, APC, Naked & Famous, Paul Smith, etc. get hemmed jobs.

Nothing can be too long, but if you have the option to choose the inseam, pick something as close as possible to your actual measurements. For example, if a 31" inseam is ideal on your body and you have to choose between 32" and 34" inseams in a sale section or something, you should choose the 32". The reason for this is because although you can tailor both sizes to a 31", the leg opening will be slightly bigger on the 34" pair compared to the 32" because of the natural way the pants are tapered.

Nothing can be too long, but if you have the option to choose the inseam, pick something as close as possible to your actual measurements. For example, if a 31" inseam is ideal on your body and you have to choose between 32" and 34" inseams in a sale section or something, you should choose the 32". The reason for this is because although you can tailor both sizes to a 31", the leg opening will be slightly bigger on the 34" pair compared to the 32" because of the natural way the pants are tapered.

Thanks and thanks to Wis and TypeR as well....I like my jeans,chinos etc...with no break and my ideal length is 29" or 30" so 35" just seemed incredibly long to me...

I already have white demin but that is such a good deal for those APC's, I'm considering copping lol

Last edited:
That is a good deal but I can't wear white jeans :lol: My heart skipped a beat when I saw Petit Standard in the last post preview yesterday, thought it was the indigos :lol:

That is a good deal but I can't wear white jeans :lol: My heart skipped a beat when I saw Petit Standard in the last post preview yesterday, thought it was the indigos :lol:

Agreed.

I considered buying a pair since I figured it'd be a nice staple item during the spring/fall. Couldnt see myself pulling it off, though. :smh:

If you are still looking into getting the Slim Fit Cargo pants from LandsEnd they have the blue ones in a 34x32 and 38x32 for $12 plus 30% with CODE: SPARK and PIN: 1315. Paid $14.95 with shipping.

Link:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-404980_7R.html

Edit: They are part of their deal "On the Counter" so it could drop to $9 tomorrow plus 30% off but the chances they may still be available are slim...no pun intended. I jumped at them at $12.

Last edited:
If you are still looking into getting the Slim Fit Cargo pants from LandsEnd they have the blue ones in a 34x32 and 38x32 for $12 plus 30% with CODE: SPARK and PIN: 1315. Paid $14.95 with shipping.

Link:
http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-404980_7R.html

Edit: They are part of their deal "On the Counter" so it could drop to $9 tomorrow plus 30% off but the chances they may still be available are slim...no pun intended. I jumped at them at $12.

Great info. Any idea on the leg opening?

I prefer 7.5" and smaller, but with the description of "slim straight lower leg" I'm hesitant to pull the trigger...

Back
Top Bottom