Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey, all. 

I've lurked this thread for a while, and I have a quick question for you all...

Is it okay if I clean my clarks with reshoevn8r and the all purpose brush?

Hey, all. 

I've lurked this thread for a while, and I have a quick question for you all...

Is it okay if I clean my clarks with reshoevn8r and the all purpose brush?
For clarks I would just suggest copping some mink oil to rejuvenate the leather.

In an effort to change up my daily routine of wearing jeans exclusively on my off-days from work, I copped some olive "ultra stretch" chinos from Uniqlo. Comfy as heck. Looking forward to wearing these often. Definitely gonna have to get another color though. Debating between the black and brown. 

In an effort to change up my daily routine of wearing jeans exclusively on my off-days from work, I copped some olive "ultra stretch" chinos from Uniqlo. Comfy as heck. Looking forward to wearing these often. Definitely gonna have to get another color though. Debating between the black and brown. 

I got these in every color when they came out last year. So good.

When does comme des garçon play come out with their new Chuck taylor line, I slept on the first and I hate the 2nd one with that big heart logo.

When does comme des garçon play come out with their new Chuck taylor line, I slept on the first and I hate the 2nd one with that big heart logo.
iono but they need to stop tripping and go back to the original where there was no contrast stitching on the black model

Any recommendations for dress pants for guys with bigger legs? I can dress however I want at my job however I choose to dress on the nicer side, shirt/tie/dress pants. Currently rotating a couple pair of J.Crew Bowery Classic Pants and I'm finding that there is excessive bunching at the knees, it looks horrendous and I'm assuming it has something to do with the fit, but not sure where else to look. Thanks!

Any recommendations for dress pants for guys with bigger legs? I can dress however I want at my job however I choose to dress on the nicer side, shirt/tie/dress pants. Currently rotating a couple pair of J.Crew Bowery Classic Pants and I'm finding that there is excessive bunching at the knees, it looks horrendous and I'm assuming it has something to do with the fit, but not sure where else to look. Thanks!
Fabric bunching at the knees?

Pics?

Fabric bunching at the knees?

Pics?

This is the best I could do on my own. I know it's somewhat attributed to sitting down. It this seems OD. Even freshly ironed and put on they aren't flush.

Find a "regular" fit pant, that fits you good in the waist and thighs and then have them tapered to you liking. Best way to go and not too expensive.

Has anyone ever had a tear in a leather jacket repaired? Where did you take it and how much did the fix cost?

Looks weird. Did you get them tapered? It LOOKS like the tailor made too aggressive of a taper.

Apologize for the horrible pics too, just realized the lighting is trash to really see the problem. But yes, I did get them slightly tapered, I've been going to the same tailor for years and he has never wronged me. If that is that case I'm assuming there is nothing that can be done about these then, he only barely tapered them too because my calves are too big he said he didn't want to take them in too much.

Here are some more pics on the same style pants (J.Crew. Bowery Classic) their most regular fit I believe. Had these slightly tapered, and this is before even sitting down. I'm thinking you guys might be right in they were too aggressively tapered...

Last edited:
Here are some more pics on the same style pants (J.Crew. Bowery Classic) their most regular fit I believe. Had these slightly tapered, and this is before even sitting down. I'm thinking you guys might be right in they were too aggressively tapered...
I feel like this is definitely due to the taper. From the side profile picture your calf seems very big which can cause your pants below the knee to ride up. Do you wear long dress socks? Do you find that the fabric below the knee catches onto the sock, causing the pants to bunch up at weird spots? 

This happens to me when I wear pants with a strong taper. In fact, this happens most often in the JCrew (Ludlow & 770) pants that i own. I used to like the Ludlow cut until the gains started coming in. I've since moved onto MTM suits and have not looked back since. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom