Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Student discount and sale can't be combined
Yes they can. I've done this plenty of times. I have 6 or so items coming in the mail.

This was in store. Half off the sale price and student discount.
Hmm. Maybe the cashier just hooked you up? Or your store is just more generous. Shrug.

I've tried twice in the last two weeks at two different stores, both times they told me they can't combine the sale and discount. Only gave me the discount on items not in the sale. That's been the case in the past when I've asked too. I know there was someone who gave me a student discount on a final clearance sale item once, but that wasn't a 50% off promotion and that person also gave it to me with my student email and never checked for an ID, so maybe they were just hooking me up, too.

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about wearing a white floral tie with a white shirt, or should I go for a light blue shirt. I'll be wearing a glen plaid navy suit.

What wallets are tall using. I'm having trouble just finding a regular tan leather bi fold for a decent price
I still use my LV coin holder for my cards I bought back in '05 or so. Regular wallets haven't been rocked in ages for me.

Hmm. Maybe the cashier just hooked you up? Or your store is just more generous. Shrug.

I've tried twice in the last two weeks at two different stores, both times they told me they can't combine the sale and discount. Only gave me the discount on items not in the sale. That's been the case in the past when I've asked too. I know there was someone who gave me a student discount on a final clearance sale item once, but that wasn't a 50% off promotion and that person also gave it to me with my student email and never checked for an ID, so maybe they were just hooking me up, too.
Doubt I got 'lucky' at all 3 local branches. Other members had no issue getting the discounts stacked as well.

What wallets are tall using. I'm having trouble just finding a regular tan leather bi fold for a decent price

I've been using coin pouches/card holders for a while. Currently using a Vianel piece I've had for a year. It's made from ring lizard. Four credit card slots lined in calfskin and a center slot lined in kidskin. It's held up very nicely. They also offer different styles including bifold's and they have sales pretty often ranging from 30-70% off.

Whats the consensus on Factory stores? I need a fair amount of work shirts and I was thinking about going the Banana Republic Factory route on some of them being that I have a gift card that I havent found a use for since February. 

Is there a noticeable quality drop off between factory and regular?

Never had a problem getting a discount at J. Crew. Maybe you just give them a bad vibe or something 
laugh.gif

Whats the consensus on Factory stores? I need a fair amount of work shirts and I was thinking about going the Banana Republic Factory route on some of them being that I have a gift card that I havent found a use for since February. 

I haven't stepped into a BR factory store in years because the quality was noticeably worse for most of the items.

J Crew factory seems to be very good though in terms of having similar fabrics and cuts to their mainline stores.

I haven't stepped into a BR factory store in years because the quality was noticeably worse for most of the items.

J Crew factory seems to be very good though in terms of having similar fabrics and cuts to their mainline stores.
Thanks for the response. Guess I'll wait and see if they have a 4th of July sale to use it.

Never had a problem getting a discount at J. Crew. Maybe you just give them a bad vibe or something :lol:

:lol:

It's not that I don't get the discount, it's just that they don't stack it for me. Literally only stores that let me do it are my local flagship and factory stores because they see me all the time (I pretty much mostly wear j crew because it fits me off the rack).

I tried to stack with the 50% off at the Union Sq store and they told me to chill. They gave me the discount on the non sale items but not the sale stuff. Shrug.

Agree. The only thing I have with J. Crew outlet items is buttons getting undone so I gotta resew. No other concerns otherwise.

Yea I always get the disco stacks.

What did u do my friend?

No idea, but follow up question is what do you guys do when your iDs expire? Mine says valid thru Spring and then a blurry '11 but has been working so far. That's gotta stop some day right?

you know the look you give the worker who don't put enough meat on your burrito at chipotle?

Yea that look

So what do you guys think about white floral ties with white shirts. Was thinking about wearing this Penguin tie with a navy suit and either white or light blue shirt.

Tie looks kind of like this:

whiteblue_small__26675.1407821255.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a tux for my wedding about a year ago, only wore it once, are there any other events a tux would be appropriate to wear to, because as of right now for what I spent I feel as though it may have been a waste for a one time use only. I know it may not be appropriate to wear a tux to someone elses wedding unless stated.

Bought a tux for my wedding about a year ago, only wore it once, are there any other events a tux would be appropriate to wear to, because as of right now for what I spent I feel as though it may have been a waste for a one time use only. I know it may not be appropriate to wear a tux to someone elses wedding unless stated.
Find places to go out to where rocking a tux is warranted like a nice show or take your wife out to a nice restaurant for dinner.

Last edited:
yeah, the amount of events you're required to wear black tie to is usually low but it could come into use if you attend a show or fine dining for a special occasion.

No idea, but follow up question is what do you guys do when your iDs expire? Mine says valid thru Spring and then a blurry '11 but has been working so far. That's gotta stop some day right?

mine only has an issue date of 2010 but that's starting to fade. i managed to never lose my id so i have the original one with the picture from freshman year, baby face and all. never had a problem and if the employee decides to start prying i just say i'm buying clothes for an internship or work-study

yeah, the amount of events you're required to wear black tie to is usually low but it could come into use if you attend a show or fine dining for a special occasion.
mine only has an issue date of 2010 but that's starting to fade. i managed to never lose my id so i have the original one with the picture from freshman year, baby face and all. never had a problem and if the employee decides to start prying i just say i'm buying clothes for an internship or work-study

Still got my PSU ID as well :lol: mines falling apart and I made the mistake of not replacing it before I graduated

Was at limerick outlets on Sunday. Regret not picking up a camo tie BR had on sale for like $6. Was too lazy to stand in line. Would look dope with a white shirt and olive pants

Back
Top Bottom