Dressing Better Vol 2.0

So apparently LL Bean boots are all sold out until the end of Feb-April, which kind of defeats the purpose of buying them for rain and snow. Reps are saying you have to order your boots in the summer time to get a pair in the winter?? :lol:

I ordered mine Oct-Nov a few years ago. I guess demand for them is even way more now. They're not that great anyway. Maybe try those Sorel boots posted.

I find bean boots to be amazing... idk how you prefer a pair of Timbs over them

Last edited:
They're like the winter equivalent of Sperry's for these college kids. I won't front, I would buy a pair for the low and go out of my way to walk in puddles with them.

original_24750052.jpg

So apparently LL Bean boots are all sold out until the end of Feb-April, which kind of defeats the purpose of buying them for rain and snow. Reps are saying you have to order your boots in the summer time to get a pair in the winter?? :lol:

I ordered mine Oct-Nov a few years ago. I guess demand for them is even way more now. They're not that great anyway. Maybe try those Sorel boots posted.

I find bean boots to be amazing... idk how you prefer a pair of Timbs over them

Maybe I need to break them in more. Also not a fan of the cheerios sole and the heel. I almost slipped one time walking to class in them from the rain.

They're like the winter equivalent of Sperry's for these college kids. I won't front, I would buy a pair for the low and go out of my way to walk in puddles with them.

original_24750052.jpg

I used to get a kick out of watching fraternity guys make the simultaneous switch from deck shoes to duck boots or timbs

Mr Porter sale is live! A lot of good stuff, grabbed another SNS Herning sweater.
Blah nvm that Stark is blue but looked black on my phone, going to cancel the order. It's sold out now so if anyone wants a Blue Stark in a XL keep an eye out for the restock

Last edited:
Which jacket do you guys think is the better wear?

This jacket from Asos:

Or this from Topman:

I save over forty dollars by going with the one from topman but I do really like the look of the Asos jacket. Any advice on which one I should go with? or if I should go with neither?

Last edited:
not sure what thread to ask this in, but for those with nike tech fleece sweatpants, what's the lowest you've seen them go for and what's average discount for them like?

thoughts on wearing a down vest over a suit?

City-chic-down-vest-with-suit-and-tie.jpg

or under...

harry-shum-02a-flannel-suit.jpg

thoughts on either look
Both horrible. I've worn a North Face down jacket over a suit before though, kept me warm in Wisconsin last Feb.

I have an early morning NYC interview tomorrow and just realized someone swiped my scarf. I'd normally just go suit and wool scarf, but without it, I'm not sure what to do about the cold. I've got a slim pea coat but it fits a little snug over my suit and I'm not sure on the etiquette with that either so I was about to go the down vest route.

Last edited:
Can anyone point me in the way of a good tuxedo. Need it for a wedding, trying to spend 700 or below.

Can anyone point me in the way of a good tuxedo. Need it for a wedding, trying to spend 700 or below.
If time isn't a factor you can go mtm. Check out suit supply, thick as thieves, and the likes.

If time isn't a factor you can go mtm. Check out suit supply, thick as thieves, and the likes.
Suit Supply isn't MTM so you can cop and alter in a fairly expedited manner.

They also would happen to be my recommendation given your price point anyway.

cop the LL Bean pac boot. Joints held up for me in 20 Below...with tons of snow. Feet stayed dry. Stayed good. Or u can get some of the Army boots that soldiers wear in extreme climates...i forget but u can google em. They pretty cheap too. Joints are tuffffffff

Brands like Uniqlo make much thinner down vests to wear with suits. Those two examples are bad examples. The first one is from Pitti, which is just for peacocking reasons.

Also SuitSupply does do MTM.

Looking for a leather briefcase to carry a laptop, notebook, and a few documents in. Just got my first full time job that starts in July and looking for some options in this area. Looking to spend ~$450 or less. It will be my daily driver for at least a year or so. Appreciate the help in advance.

Looking for a leather briefcase to carry a laptop, notebook, and a few documents in. Just got my first full time job that starts in July and looking for some options in this area. Looking to spend ~$450 or less. It will be my daily driver for at least a year or so. Appreciate the help in advance.
Look into Saddleback. I have their thin briefcase, able to house a laptop, couple of notebooks, but that's about it. It's heavy though, but also pretty much indestructible. I treat it the opposite of how I treat my LV, and Burberry portfolio/briefcases.

Back
Top Bottom