Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Unless black is a staple in your wardrobe, those will be hard to wear casually.

Not interested in perhaps burgundy ? Or a brown hue ?

Guys I have a white coat ceremony today. Was planning on wearing this suit. I only have 4 ties on me right now at school (solid red, navy, blue, sky blue) and plan on wearing brown shoes. What tie and shirt (white or baby blue) should i go with?

Last edited:
Guys I have a white coat ceremony today. Was planning on wearing this suit. I only have 4 ties on me right now at school (solid red, navy, blue, sky blue) and plan on wearing brown shoes. What tie and shirt (white or baby blue) should i go with?

Either shirt with he red tie. I'd go sky blue with the red tie.

'Murica

Anyone know where I can cop some black plain toe blucher's that's versatile enough for work and casual wear ? Looking for some alternatives as I'm about to cop some Mark Mcnairy joints and I'm wondering if they are worth the $370 price tag.

Shell Leeds from AE on sale for $345 2nds quality

I would pass on the suit and just go with a shirt and tie. It's already an awkward movement when they put the white coat on you and a jacket/blazer will only make it even more difficult and you will just end up taking it off anyway.

Thanks for the input. Yep decided to leave the jacket behind since I probably wont even wear it. So sky blue shirt and red tie it is.

Last edited:
My DBNT brothers, this might be a super broad question but .. I recently lost like 20 lbs and went from near a 36 to a 30 now. I have a bunch of denim from GAP and J. Crew that are just huge on me. Should I go get them all tailored and pay the price? Would tailoring even be an option since its such a dramatic size change?

Or should I just take the L, and go purchase new clothes lol

I had to take all my suit pants and get them taken in, feels good man.

My DBNT brothers, this might be a super broad question but .. I recently lost like 20 lbs and went from near a 36 to a 30 now. I have a bunch of denim from GAP and J. Crew that are just huge on me. Should I go get them all tailored and pay the price? Would tailoring even be an option since its such a dramatic size change?

You're a new man, so treat yourself to some new clothes.

Anyways, purchased a pair of pure blue Japan xx011 today :pimp:

I know this isn't the denim thread but still, I'm a fan of quality denim.

Last edited:
What leathers do y'all recommend?

I'm trying to cop a black DR (likely will source from the Vanson/Thurston/SF MTO that UNKNWN had posted in here a few times). Was wondering what other places y'all get down with outside of Schott or TOJ.

I can't imagine what Jordanscrub must've posted in regards to white coat ceremonies to get him banned
nerd.gif

Congrats on the weight loss. Gap and J.Crew denim are bottom of the barrel in terms of quality. Certainly not worth the price of alteration.

Wassup guys. I just started my first year at college. I go to college in NYC and I wanted to know how can I upgrade my closet. Right now im looking for versatlie and some unique pieces that I can wear and look good. Not looking for the jeans t shirt and sneakers combo for everyday. How can i incorporate various buttondowns (oxfords), coats, pants, chinos, boots, and loafers without looking out of place. What pieces and items do you guys recommed. I'm on a limited budget as I am a college student. School me on fashion and tips that will help me. Thanks guys

Wassup guys. I just started my first year at college. I go to college in NYC and I wanted to know how can I upgrade my closet. Right now im looking for versatlie and some unique pieces that I can wear and look good. Not looking for the jeans t shirt and sneakers combo for everyday. How can i incorporate various buttondowns (oxfords), coats, pants, chinos, boots, and loafers without looking out of place. What pieces and items do you guys recommed. I'm on a limited budget as I am a college student. School me on fashion and tips that will help me. Thanks guys

Might seem like an bs answer but you would benefit from reading the whole thread.

There is a lot of information and while there are some filler you can get the answers to everything as well as some outfit ideas.

Back
Top Bottom