Dressing Better Vol 2.0

A briefcase?

Truth be told, I hate carrying anything with me. Phone/wallet/keys/Moleskin/pen are already pushing it, especially when I'm wearing trousers or dress pants.
Lmao I'm the exact same way. People always make fun of me because all I carry is my credit card, ID, and phone. As soon as I sit down I take them out of my pockets and put everything on the table. Stuff in my pockets drives me nuts.

For work I usually switch between these two bags; depends on how casual or formal the meeting is 

how does the j.crew ludlow shirts fit and what are you guys opinions on them? i'm looking for something pretty slim.

Modern Tailor MTM examples. No shirt was more than $60 shipped. Even after monogram

Last edited:
Looking to pick up a light grey soon, similar to the one Daniel Craig had in skyfall. What are your guys thoughts on ranking below taking into consideration quality, costs, overall fit and satisfaction

1. Suitsupply
2. Indochino
3. Thick as thieves (for those who have it)

Showing options B.

Sift through my blog if you want more pics my son. Or maybe post your input on MTM/Ludlow shirting. :rolleyes :lol:

Last edited:
You bout that MTM life?
:pimp: thanks fella
I put in mad work at my job this year, about to get my yearly bonus next month. I figured I splurge a little as a reward to myself. Bless me with your guidance.
I feel the digs.

Alright, I put it at TaT, SS, then Indo.

TaT is great for fully canvassed garments for just shy of $600 but theres a turn around of a month and no alteration credit. However, if you find a dope fabric you like, then bam, you can customize til your hearts content (lapel style, lapel size, amount of buttons, lining color, belt loops/side tabs, braces buttons, cuff/no cuff, vent styling, etc.). They even have fabrics from mills like VBC and offer grades of wool as high as Super 170's. However, I will say that I have ran into some issues in regards of overlapped padding on the shoulder. I know Wis ran into this issue before and a few of our suits do not have an entirely clean drape on the arm. One of those things I just deal with. (I have a handful by TaT)

SS is my favorite choice for RTW products. I feel like they have a large amount of offerings and even have 3 piece joints in the instance that you are feelin OD swaggy. While it is not fully canvassed (with the exception of the 1k La Spalla line) they offer half canvassing at $469-600 a pop. If you can get in stores, their in house tailoring is quite competent and overall inexpensive. Also, they use VBC and a few other noteworthy mills. If the MTM process is daunting, I definitely would suggest going SS.(I have one SS)

Indo as a third. I'll say it right now. If you trying to splurge, Steve Nash pass this. However, if you wanna save a little guala, aware a bruh. I got you on a 20% off code (no I am not a rep, otherwise I'd push heavy). Indo is great in that they are MTM like TaT but they also offer up to $75 in alteration credits if the suit needs work after completion. The garment can be delivered in just about a month and if alterations exceed that $75 price point, they will even allow remakes free of charge (they also pay for shipping to and fro). While they are the least expensive option overall, I cannot speak on what mills are used for their fabrics. However, the essential line does state S100's-110's I believe. Again like TaT, you can add customized features to your suit but your are not given as much freedom as you would get with TaT (but you can do a waist coat which TaT does not allow). (I have no Indo's but have handled one in person)

So yeah, hope that answers it for you mang. Let me know if you have any other questions on the matter.

I just read like 300 pages of this thread, if you can't tell, its been a slow day at work. Joint is dope, looking forward to seeing more styles and fits. Dressing better is an apt title as I don't think anyone ever achieves that perfection, but we keep trying. Cheers fellas

Gonna be my last fit with this ghetto backdrop. Heading to NY to take care of some things then moving into my new spot in DC start of next month.

Next time I post in this thread I'll be wearing a suit. Until then hope you all continue to flourish
pimp.gif
That backdrop will be the reminder...Started from the bottom bro.

Back
Top Bottom