Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Also with that suit, I would say grab a bengal stripe shirt (thin stripe, preferably in blue/light blue) and a brown or forest green knit tie.

I did this last week

But this is grenadine

Here's a grey chalk stripe suit with a solid brown silk tie

A, what hat dat is you got on in your photoshoot?

Looks summery and me gusta. I'm liking the longer brim compared to my fedora.
Dat dere Stetson.

Size down if you cop. I went with a 7 3/8" and wear a 7 5/8" fitted.
http://www.stetson.com/hats/whitehall-in-tan-mix
Thanks breh.

This NJ weather has prevented me from really dressing up.

Either Chubbies + polos/tanks or Cargos + tanks.
Thankfully my office is air conditioned.

Only time I face the elements is the walk to/from the car and when I head outside to grab my daily pictures. Provided that it's not raining of course.

Copped 3 pants at J. Crew for around $30 during lunch today. You guys may wanna hit up yours

Copped 3 pants at J. Crew for around $30 during lunch today. You guys may wanna hit up yours
My local one has 60% off all clearance. Got a couple chambray shirts for $9 a piece

Still got that blue/green J. crew button up you gave away last year after things got a little heated in the thread. Don't think I forgot about that man, I wear it out all the time. Thanks again!

My local one has 60% off all clearance. Got a couple chambray shirts for $9 a piece

Still got that blue/green J. crew button up you gave away last year after things got a little heated in the thread. Don't think I forgot about that man, I wear it out all the time. Thanks again!
Glad you're still rocking it, man! :smile:

Finally got the Beckman boots I wanted. Ordered them last week as a birthday present to myself when I saw they were included in the Nordstrom sale.

Need some help/advice guys...

Getting married in two months, wearing a suit that I already own at my wedding (don't want to rent one, extra $$$ and my fiancee wants me to wear sharkskin anyways)...

Got my jacket back from getting tailored and I am still wondering if it is a bit too big..

Also, I think I need my pants tailored a little slimmer...thoughts? I am a skinny guy (6'2 165) so it is tough to get a suit that fits.

***Note...I will be wearing a white shirt, white tie, but not these exact ones and I threw on the tie and shirt really quickly, I know it looks sloppy.

Need some help/advice guys...

Getting married in two months, wearing a suit that I already own at my wedding (don't want to rent one, extra $$$ and my fiancee wants me to wear sharkskin anyways)...

Got my jacket back from getting tailored and I am still wondering if it is a bit too big..

Also, I think I need my pants tailored a little slimmer...thoughts? I am a skinny guy (6'2 165) so it is tough to get a suit that fits.

***Note...I will be wearing a white shirt, white tie, but not these exact ones and I threw on the tie and shirt really quickly, I know it looks sloppy.

The suit is way too big IMO. The shoulders look to be way to big on your frame. It just looks like your shoulders end about a good 2 inches before the shoulders on the suit do and as a result it's not giving you a very flattering and natural shape at the top. I think this is why it just looks off to me. If you were to bring that jacket in more it would look even more disproportionate IMO. The sleeves are also way too long. Trousers need a hem and maybe a taper.

Does it have to be a white tie?

Unless this is like your 4th wedding and you don't anticipate it being your last, I can't fathom why you would want to wear that.

Do yourself a favour and get measured by a tailor and go the MTM route.

Damn I just got put on blast 
laugh.gif

Guess I didn't realize it was THAT bad. Thanks though guys.
The suit is way too big IMO. The shoulders look to be way to big on your frame. It just looks like your shoulders end about a good 2 inches before the shoulders on the suit do and as a result it's not giving you a very flattering and natural shape at the top. I think this is why it just looks off to me. If you were to bring that jacket in more it would look even more disproportionate IMO. The sleeves are also way too long. Trousers need a hem and maybe a taper.

Does it have to be a white tie?
It feels pretty snug in the shoulders area. I don't know why it looks like that. But I could be wrong...obviously I am not a pro when it comes to suits...

Sleeves are fine, they're just bunched up and my button up shirt is bunched up as well.

White tie is the bride's choice...I don't like it either but it's up to her.
I can't even find the size on the suit...it's a Tommy Hilfiger..

So, it's not worth saving? No way I can get it tapered more and save it?

donate it and start over man. at your height and weight you are probably like a 36-38L. start from there.
Damn I just got put on blast :lol:

Guess I didn't realize it was THAT bad. Thanks though guys.
It feels pretty snug in the shoulders area. I don't know why it looks like that. But I could be wrong...obviously I am not a pro when it comes to suits...

Sleeves are fine, they're just bunched up and my button up shirt is bunched up as well.

White tie is the bride's choice...I don't like it either but it's up to her.

I can't even find the size on the suit...it's a Tommy Hilfiger..

So, it's not worth saving? No way I can get it tapered more and save it?

I have to second what everyone said, definitely start over. The sleeves aren't fine man, they reach your thumb. They should be at about your wrist. Adrian seems to be about your built with the exception of you being a little taller than him. Check out his tumblr, his fits are pretty spot on. Two months may be a tight turnaround time for a MTM suit. Checkout J. Crew and try their Ludlow fits. The lapels may be on the slimmer side but it's a better option than Tommy Hilfiger, which are notorious for large shoulder pads; especially the Macy's ones. If you're near SuitSupply try them as well.

Back
Top Bottom