Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I looked at my FB and saw pics from 2009-2010 when I first started posting pics in the OG thread. I used to rock neckwear with anything and everything :lol:

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/t1.0-9/25233_626458565156_3192042_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/16132_596719038406_3144392_n.jpg

These pants were the Bowley Slim or something like that from J. Crew, before the 484 came out. Looks rather loose on a slim guy:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/13931_603986100156_386982_n.jpg

Express shorts on deck:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/5415_581811178876_7191718_n.jpg

Since we're on the topics of suits, I'm looking to buy a dark, navy blue suit (for interviews). I've tried on a size 34s Jcrew Ludlow and that seemed to fit well considering its OTR. I have also consider Suitsupply's Napoli and Washington fits since I have heard great reviews from here. Budget is ~$400-$500. Any other suggestions?

I'm also a rather short and skinny guy (5'4, ~125 lbs) so that also plays a factor.

PS. Thanks to Adrian for giving a heads up on those Fifth Ave's!

I would def go the MTM route and try out Indochino or TaT.

Since we're on the topics of suits, I'm looking to buy a dark, navy blue suit (for interviews). I've tried on a size 34s Jcrew Ludlow and that seemed to fit well considering its OTR. I have also consider Suitsupply's Napoli and Washington fits since I have heard great reviews from here. Budget is ~$400-$500. Any other suggestions?

I'm also a rather short and skinny guy (5'4, ~125 lbs) so that also plays a factor.

PS. Thanks to Adrian for giving a heads up on those Fifth Ave's!

I would def go the MTM route and try out Indochino or TaT.
20% off with Indochino til sunday with code FBCOUPON

Steel Grey Fiorentini + Baker

Rob, dope....but get a tripod mang :lol:

I have one, but with a WIFI memory card this is way easier.

I realize it's not the best way, and selfies with a DSLR is kind of ridiculous. However, for me it's the easiest, and a significantly faster way to show as much detail as possible

Last edited:
Wayment. Why can't you tripod the cam, then flip the pic via wifi card?

Better than da mirror shot famb.

Wayment. Why can't you tripod the cam, then flip the pic via wifi card?

Better than da mirror shot famb.

Because then I'm setting up my tripod, and looking for a location with a do-able background.

Again, this is just the easiest for me. Next time I'll use the tripod just for you brother

Got the call last night that I got the job for an interview I went on last week :pimp: .

Office setting, casual attire. I figure jeans/dockers and a button down/polo with dress shoes is fair?

Got the call last night that I got the job for an interview I went on last week :pimp: .

Office setting, casual attire. I figure jeans/dockers and a button down/polo with dress shoes is fair?
If you are against a suit, I would suggest:

Solid navy vneck or cardigan sweater
White dress shirt
Striped or pindot tie
Grey trousers
Black or brown loafers

But that's just me.

White dress shirt
Striped or pindot tie
Grey trousers
Black or brown loafers

But that's just me.

Hit the nail on the head.

Don't be like everyone else wearing jeans and **** to an office. Slacks should be worn Monday through Thursday and Chinos/Khakis are reserved for Friday.

Loafers, Oxfords, Boots should be in the rotation. If you like, you can even wear Drivers on Fridays.

Some times the way you look and dress means a lot in an office setting. You'd be surprised how often you get noticed. This plays to your advantage when you're going above and beyond or just doing your work well.

Last edited:
Definitely good for business casual

For $65, those who are looking for a starter shoe, that joint looks great ^

Loafers would be good too but if the last (shape) is too bulbous, it would look off if worn with a suit/proper trousers.

Last edited:
Definitely good for business casual

For $65, those who are looking for a starter shoe, that joint looks great ^

Loafers would be good too but if the last (shape) is too bulbous, it would look off if worn with a suit/proper trousers.
Thanks for the input fam, always helping out whenever I pop my head in here. 

What ya'll think of the color? I was hoping for a more tan color but this is all they had. I feel like any shade of brown is versatile. This is for a summer internship. Graduate in the spring which is where I'll prolly move up to AE. But for now, these fit right into my budget 
laugh.gif

White dress shirt
Striped or pindot tie
Grey trousers
Black or brown loafers

But that's just me.

Hit the nail on the head.

Don't be like everyone else wearing jeans and **** to an office. Slacks should be worn Monday through Thursday and Chinos/Khakis are reserved for Friday.

Loafers, Oxfords, Boots should be in the rotation. If you like, you can even wear Drivers on Fridays.

Some times the way you look and dress means a lot in an office setting. You'd be surprised how often you get noticed. This plays to your advantage when you're going above and beyond or just doing your work well.

I hear ya both. Don't think a suit is necessary, especially because the person who interviewed me didn't even have one on; he was wearing jeans and a button down (pretty sloppy too :lol: but who am I to judge).

I'll keep it simple. Once I get some paychecks coming in I definitely plan to hit up some stores and expand the wardrobe, now that it will be put to great use.

anyone else hate those "remove before wearing or washing" tags in shirts? I always forget its there until ive worn it a few times and even washed it. Then randomly i'll feel it pokin me :smh

Back
Top Bottom