Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yeah it probably has to do with the fact that she's younger than me and in college still so isn't used to seeing it.
Guess she didn't go to school with pinoy732 pinoy732 :wink:
Age doesn't necessary have to do with anything. The youngest I've dated was a 22 yr old. She dresses pretty dope. Mod inspired and very career oriented. She appreciates menswear as well. The oldest I've dated was 38 yrs old and this one was a bit more into stuff like A&F :lol: and mentality is still in the high school phase sadly.

^Clean fit my man. You and @ReturnBama got me wanting to cop a solid brown tie. Seems pretty versatile and like I'd get a lot of wear out of it especially with dark brown shoes.

I gotta question for some of you guys... You ever get called douchey for dressing better?

So yall remember when I said I got the yambs in the whip after being complimented on "dressing better" on that first date? Well I ended up really liking that girl and making her my gf. So the other day we are just laying in bed and she tells me she's surprised I'm so nice and she thought I was going to be douchey and arrogant. I was kinda surprised and asked her why she thought that. Her response...

"Because of how you dress and carry yourself."

:smh:

If she thought you're douchey because of the way you carry yourself, wouldn't that mean you've been doing douchey things?

I can't imagine how you can carry yourself in a douchey manner but aren't :lol:

Yeah it probably has to do with the fact that she's younger than me and in college still so isn't used to seeing it.
Guess she didn't go to school with pinoy732 pinoy732 :wink:
Age doesn't necessary have to do with anything. The youngest I've dated was a 22 yr old. She dresses pretty dope. Mod inspired and very career oriented. She appreciates menswear as well. The oldest I've dated was 38 yrs old and this one was a bit more into stuff like A&F :lol: and mentality is still in the high school phase sadly.

wis dating cougars :lol:

i hope she let you do whatever you wanted breh :nerd:

Alright alright... I'm not trying to go this deep here :lol: Don't want you guys thinking I'm dating a part time A&F employee/college student or something. This girl dresses really well, she's stylish and we've been shopping together multiple times already she really enjoys that. I wouldn't date a chick that can't dress any way :lol: Plus she goes to an Ivy league school and already has two internships under her belt at different consulting firms entering her junior year. Maybe I just give off a douchey vibe I dunno.

If she thought you're douchey because of the way you carry yourself, wouldn't that mean you've been doing douchey things?

Nah she meant like when she first saw me in pics and when I first picked her up for that first date. Said I was really confident about everything and dressed really well. Later told me she thought I was going to be douchey based off that initial impression/snap judgement.

I can kind of understand where she was coming from. Sometimes you see well dressed people and they give off that vibe, when in reality they are probably a very nice person. Just thought it was interesting and wondered if you guys had similar experiences. It may also be one of the main reasons this thread gets trolled periodically...

Last edited:

Dude. I found out she has kids a bit later on. She was cool from the start but then started talking about marriage. Had me shook, son.

I always prefer older girls though just because I usually gel with them more.

Alright alright... I'm not trying to go this deep here :lol: Don't want you guys thinking I'm dating a part time A&F employee/college student or something. This girl dresses really well, she's stylish and we've been shopping together multiple times already she really enjoys that. I wouldn't date a chick that can't dress any way :lol: Plus she goes to an Ivy league school and already has two internships under her belt at different consulting firms entering her junior year. Maybe I just give off a douchey vibe I dunno.
My man dating the chick from the T Mobile kiosk to get a discount on his family plan I see :lol:

Last edited:

Nah she meant like when she first saw me in pics and when I first picked her up for that first date. Said I was really confident about everything and dressed really well. Later told me she thought I was going to be douchey based off that initial impression/snap judgement.

I can kind of understand where she was coming from. Sometimes you see well dressed people and they give off that vibe, when in reality they are probably a very nice person. Just thought it was interesting and wondered if you guys had similar experiences. It may also be one of the main reasons this thread gets trolled periodically...

Ah, makes sense. First impression.

I was about to say, she thinks you're nice even though you're being a douche? Whaaat? :lol:

Dude. I found out she has kids a bit later on. She was cool from the start but then started talking about marriage. Had me shook, son.

I always prefer older girls though just because I usually gel with them more.

i was digging one out that same age a few years ago. i was living out my fav pr0n scenes 8)

I don't know. Well dressed/dapper individuals never really give off a douchey vibe to me. It's usually the Ed Hardy/True Religion/BMW key fob wearing individuals that do. So basically an undergrad Wis.

I don't know. Well dressed/dapper individuals never really give off a douchey vibe to me. It's usually the Ed Hardy/True Religion/BMW key fob wearing individuals that do. So basically an undergrad Wis.
Will post pic next Thursday. I had the duck face selfie going on too :lol:

I was about to say, she thinks you're nice even though you're being a douche? Whaaat?
laugh.gif
Thing is, considering his now gf really didn't know him at the start, he still got the yambs on the first date. Henny's apparent dbag appearance was an aphrodisiac rather than a turn off. Not sure why she'd bring it up afterwards like it was a negative.

I was about to say, she thinks you're nice even though you're being a douche? Whaaat? :lol:

Thing is, considering his now gf really didn't know him at the start, he still got the yambs on the first date. Henny's apparent dbag appearance was an aphrodisiac rather than a turn off. Not sure why she'd bring it up afterwards like it was a negative.

I don't know if I would wife up a girl that let me smash on the first date :lol:

Unless Hennesey's game is that tight.

^Clean fit my man. You and @ReturnBama got me wanting to cop a solid brown tie. Seems pretty versatile and like I'd get a lot of wear out of it especially with dark brown shoes.

I gotta question for some of you guys... You ever get called douchey for dressing better?

So yall remember when I said I got the yambs in the whip after being complimented on "dressing better" on that first date? Well I ended up really liking that girl and making her my gf. So the other day we are just laying in bed and she tells me she's surprised I'm so nice and she thought I was going to be douchey and arrogant. I was kinda surprised and asked her why she thought that. Her response...

"Because of how you dress and carry yourself."

:smh:

Not douchey but arrogant, I've definitely gotten that.

All the time but only by peasants

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know some of my peers feel I think that "I'm better than them" and I know they probably wonder why does dude try so hard, rockin fresh gear just to go to the store. At the end of the day if I throw on a crisp pair of jeans, some expensive boots and a RRL shirt to run some errands on the weekend, and ppl wanna talk stuff about me..who cares. Ppl will hate, but the DBNT ppl we dress better for OURSELVES...who cares if ppl think u have ur nose in the air..let them be..I bet if they could have your wardrobe they probably would trade in a heartbeat.
I'm still in my early/mid 20's. Most of my peers is just graduating college, or in professional schools. dudes still think rockin some 501s and a big tommy hilfiger button down with some Vans is Business Casual lmao
or the athletic muscular dudes think that they gettin "dressed up" when they get a fresh taper and rock some Boot cut Trues and an extra tight AX v-neck

Last edited:
Get douchey all the time, especially since I have tattoos, earrings, and wear the designer belts that half of this thread hates so much. I just explain that since I'm Southern European and Asian, it's just in my DNA to dress like that :lol:

Last edited:
I don't know if I would wife up a girl that let me smash on the first date :lol:

Unless Hennesey's game is that tight.

Should've clarified we just made out in the car first date. But nah this one put me on the three night plan, similar to my last girlfriend. It's a respectable move and it makes the first few dates real flirty. I'd question one that let me smash first date but you can always keep chillin' after that and see what they about. One time I did meet a girl while out drinking, smashed first night and ended up dating the girl for like a year and a half so ya never know.

Last edited:
I'm sure you stated "got the yambs in the whip on the first date."

Last edited:
Wore a Banana Republic Non Ironed Tailored Slim Fit shirt to work today, got to say, much improvement on the feel of the shirt. Not as stiff.

My body was not ready though, :wow:, these are really really slim.

Back
Top Bottom